Firefight needs to come back

343i needs to create a 4 person firefight playlist with regular firefight settings and NO ARCADE GAMETYPES. It is silly that they took out firefight limited. It was a core gametype that was the only way to play regular firefight with 4 people through matchmaking.
In my opinion it is the most important firefight playlist so please 343i bring regular firefight back!

Firefight is back, Pretty insane, we can go down right now downstairs. - Lars Bakken

They removed it because they realised attempting to make FF a competitive survival mode based on Reach FF’s core mechanics and map designes was futile.

> They removed it because they realised attempting to make FF a competitive survival mode based on Reach FF’s core mechanics and map designes was futile.

This sentence makes no sense. Firefight has a cooperative focus not competitive. Also, learn to spell correctly.

> > They removed it because they realised attempting to make FF a competitive survival mode based on Reach FF’s core mechanics and map designes was futile.
>
> This sentence makes no sense. Firefight has a cooperative focus not competitive. Also, learn to spell correctly.

My spelling is fine, it’s my touch typing that’s screwy.

And I meant competitive in the sense that you want to survive as long as you can to beat your friends’ high scores. So actually it makes perfect sense.

> > They removed it because they realised attempting to make FF a competitive survival mode based on Reach FF’s core mechanics and map designes was futile.
>
> This sentence makes no sense. Firefight has a cooperative focus not competitive. Also, learn to spell correctly.

Calm down buddy, all 343 need to do is to include a more “limited” experience as a third option in Arcade and Dobles.

I’m getting tired of all these lame gametypes, people jetpacking and abusing the FRG the whole match :confused:

They should rename firefight doubles “Firefight” and add two more player slots.

> They removed it because they realised attempting to make FF a competitive survival mode based on Reach FF’s core mechanics and map designes was futile.

Care to substantiate that in any way whatsoever?

All I know is that I loved Firefight Limited and had plenty of great times with it. It really wasn’t “broken” at all, I just don’t understand why it had to go?

Although I did not utilise the playlist on a frequent basis, I found occasional games of Firefight Limited to be highly enjoyable. Given my limited (pardon the pun) knowledge in this regard, I may only speculate as to the reason for the playlists removal. One possible explanation is that, compared to other Firefight gametypes, Limited boasted a relatively unsubstantial player population. Consequently, its removal was the result of negligible demand.

The main reasons for FF Limited’s downfall are :
1.) Arcade population infesting the playlist for more cR payouts… and sucking badly.
2.) The cR payout system. Why spend a whole 15-20 minutes in Arcade when I can get quicker payouts for using up all 10 lives right away and pretty much doing nothing?
3.) True Limited players get discouraged and went back to Arcade. It was pointless for players that wanted to play the right way to keep playing when the playlist was flooded with spamming idiots that couldn’t get more than killing sprees of 20. Many also wanted endless mobs of coveys or to be able to keep playing until they died. Griefers basically ruined the playlist.

The creation of the Arcade game type with unlimited lives and endless spamming made Firefight the joke that it is today.

FF in ODST was the optimal experience, shame it has been removed from Reach.