Firefight Mode

Anyone else miss the firefight mode? like the original custom games firefight mode with your pals?? I know they made a bigger firefight mode for multiplayer but you cant mess with the settings anymore or choose the map your playing on. Kinda miss those features.

We have all that with Arena. Maps, weapons, vehicles, mode settings, etc., the whole deal like always. Just not any in Warzone or Firefight. Wonder why. What does Warzone and Firefight have or use that Arena doesn’t? Req packs. And what might giving us control over the settings (including what weapons, loadouts, and vehicles are in play) do that may affect the sales of Req packs? If we can make classic modes without them, modes where you spawn with them, modes with no loadouts, modes with only Hammers, etc. … how does that work around the Req system? How can you have a mode with only Hammers if the entire Firefight mode is based around you burning a card at a REQ station to use a hammer and buying another one?

See where I’m going with this and why I suspect we don’t have customs in Warzone or Firefight?

Ya, that’s kinda why I dislike Halo 5 because they changed it around a lot. I was so used to the starter loadouts all the way back from Halo 3. I feel as if 343 is gonna make it a buy to win game eventually, hopefully not tho.

> 2533274886402235;3:
> Ya, that’s kinda why I dislike Halo 5 because they changed it around a lot. I was so used to the starter loadouts all the way back from Halo 3. I feel as if 343 is gonna make it a buy to win game eventually, hopefully not tho.

So you dislike every Halo since every Halo was changed from game to game.

Reach is backwards compatible. Download it and play all the classic firefight you want.

> 2533274816788253;4:
> > 2533274886402235;3:
> > Ya, that’s kinda why I dislike Halo 5 because they changed it around a lot. I was so used to the starter loadouts all the way back from Halo 3. I feel as if 343 is gonna make it a buy to win game eventually, hopefully not tho.
>
> So you dislike every Halo since every Halo was changed from game to game.

No I’m simply saying that I just miss that firefight mode that I wish they carried.

Also all the other Halos had around the same set up so it wasn’t a big deal. Halo 5 did a big change which I am not used to yet.

Just download Halo Reach dude… >.< lmao

I felt I needed to talk about it tho lol to see if anyone else felt the same or if I was being different. I guess I was being different LOL.

> 2533274886402235;6:
> > 2533274816788253;4:
> > > 2533274886402235;3:
> > > Ya, that’s kinda why I dislike Halo 5 because they changed it around a lot. I was so used to the starter loadouts all the way back from Halo 3. I feel as if 343 is gonna make it a buy to win game eventually, hopefully not tho.
> >
> > So you dislike every Halo since every Halo was changed from game to game.
>
> No I’m simply saying that I just miss that firefight mode that I wish they carried.
>
> Also all the other Halos had around the same set up so it wasn’t a big deal. Halo 5 did a big change which I am not used to yet.

Not true at all really. H3 to reach had the biggest change

> 2533274883669557;2:
> We have all that with Arena. Maps, weapons, vehicles, mode settings, etc., the whole deal like always. Just not any in Warzone or Firefight. Wonder why. What does Warzone and Firefight have or use that Arena doesn’t? Req packs. And what might giving us control over the settings (including what weapons, loadouts, and vehicles are in play) do that may affect the sales of Req packs? If we can make classic modes without them, modes where you spawn with them, modes with no loadouts, modes with only Hammers, etc. … how does that work around the Req system? How can you have a mode with only Hammers if the entire Firefight mode is based around you burning a card at a REQ station to use a hammer and buying another one?
>
> See where I’m going with this and why I suspect we don’t have customs in Warzone or Firefight?

I’m pretty sure that if 343 launched a single-player, no-timer Warzone Firefight variant, that I would, for the first time ever, be spending real money on reqs because that would be an environment where I didn’t feel like I was just wasting them.

Alright fine I get it I’m sorry for bringing up the topic. If anyone would like to do Firefight they can play as they wish, but in Halo 5 if you wanna join my company and play with others just join. We are the Relaxed Mercenaries. XD have fun

> 2533274873843883;10:
> > 2533274883669557;2:
> > We have all that with Arena. Maps, weapons, vehicles, mode settings, etc., the whole deal like always. Just not any in Warzone or Firefight. Wonder why. What does Warzone and Firefight have or use that Arena doesn’t? Req packs. And what might giving us control over the settings (including what weapons, loadouts, and vehicles are in play) do that may affect the sales of Req packs? If we can make classic modes without them, modes where you spawn with them, modes with no loadouts, modes with only Hammers, etc. … how does that work around the Req system? How can you have a mode with only Hammers if the entire Firefight mode is based around you burning a card at a REQ station to use a hammer and buying another one?
> >
> > See where I’m going with this and why I suspect we don’t have customs in Warzone or Firefight?
>
> I’m pretty sure that if 343 launched a single-player, no-timer Warzone Firefight variant, that I would, for the first time ever, be spending real money on reqs because that would be an environment where I didn’t feel like I was just wasting them.

I would imagine it’d have the same kind of settings like it used to where you could build your Loadout and weapons (I.e., req system system disabled and req pool included like standard customs), like Reach had. At least that’s what OP’s asking for. Which would be great.

I also don’t think this is a “just play Reach” situation either, like everyone else is saying because he’s not simply asking for something from Reach to be added. He’s asking for the possibility for us to set up custom Firefight games … I’d like to take the idea a step further, have it where we could run around and slaughter enemies of our choosing with weapons & vehicles and power ups of our choosing; which in Halo 5, considering the insane amount of REQs would be utter madness in the best way possible.

> 2533274883669557;12:
> > 2533274873843883;10:
> > > 2533274883669557;2:
> > > We have all that with Arena. Maps, weapons, vehicles, mode settings, etc., the whole deal like always. Just not any in Warzone or Firefight. Wonder why. What does Warzone and Firefight have or use that Arena doesn’t? Req packs. And what might giving us control over the settings (including what weapons, loadouts, and vehicles are in play) do that may affect the sales of Req packs? If we can make classic modes without them, modes where you spawn with them, modes with no loadouts, modes with only Hammers, etc. … how does that work around the Req system? How can you have a mode with only Hammers if the entire Firefight mode is based around you burning a card at a REQ station to use a hammer and buying another one?
> > >
> > > See where I’m going with this and why I suspect we don’t have customs in Warzone or Firefight?
> >
> > I’m pretty sure that if 343 launched a single-player, no-timer Warzone Firefight variant, that I would, for the first time ever, be spending real money on reqs because that would be an environment where I didn’t feel like I was just wasting them.
>
> I would imagine it’d have the same kind of settings like it used to where you could build your Loadout and weapons (I.e., req system system disabled and req pool included like standard customs), like Reach had. At least that’s what OP’s asking for. Which would be great.
>
> I also don’t think this is a “just play Reach” situation either, like everyone else is saying because he’s not simply asking for something from Reach to be added. He’s asking for the possibility for us to set up custom Firefight games … I’d like to take the idea a step further, have it where we could run around and slaughter enemies of our choosing with weapons & vehicles and power ups of our choosing; which in Halo 5, considering the insane amount of REQs would be utter madness in the best way possible.

I’m glad someone understands.

> 2533274886402235;3:
> Ya, that’s kinda why I dislike Halo 5 because they changed it around a lot. I was so used to the starter loadouts all the way back from Halo 3. I feel as if 343 is gonna make it a buy to win game eventually, hopefully not tho.

I am one of the few that agree with you. We just have the old school mentality.

I wish we had customizable options for waves and enemies like we did in reach. Being able to spawn in what enemies you wanted would’ve been awesome. And I hope they do that for Halo 6