Firefight in Spartan Ops - Suggestion

This thread is based off my first thread, which states that some of us really miss Firefight, and that Spartan Ops isn’t good enough. You can check it out from here.

This is a suggestion to add firefight to Halo 4, but only to a degree.

On some of the missions in Spartan Ops, there will be another “side mission”, called something like “Endless mode” or “Firefight” etc.
This will take place on the corresponding map, and act JUST like firefight, except that you will not have unlimited lives, not unlimited ammo etc.

It will mostly be like Halo 3: ODST’s Firefight: You’re supposed to survive as long as possible, not get as many kills as possible. (Of course, kills would count, but the main idea is to survive).

Your mission is simple: Spartan, hold this zone as long as you can, we need to keep the covenant at bay!

And that is what you will be doing. You will defend a spot, and fight to survive. You will not get a rocket launcher with unlimited ammo and start killing everything, you won’t get unlimited shields, it will only be you, your weapon, and your fellow soldiers.

Of course, some weapon drops once in a while would be really cool, and some ODST drops could also be nice.

Tl:dr
Add Firefight to Spartan Ops, but NOT things like “Rocket fight”, “sniper fight” etc.

You will have, say, 10 lives. You will have 15 minutes/30 minutes to defend the zone. You either defend the zone for 15/30 minutes, or die trying. No unlimited ammo, no unlimited shields, just you, your weapon, and your fellow soldiers, against a covenant/Promethian armada.

AND PLEASE, BEFORE YOU VOTE: You might not want it, but others might. Think about it, and thank you for reading!

//END TRANSMISSION

It would be cool to have Firefight in halo 4.

If you could get rid of the time cap it would be great…

i would rather have firefight be seperate so that people could play firefight offline though…

but if that cant happen then I could settle for this…

I think 343 is fixing that, so you can play Spartan Ops offline too. At least, they should fix it.

Any suggestions towards my idea? Would love to hear them!

I am all for this idea! Most of my time in Reach and ODST was spent in FF. bring back classic FF without the arcade stuff!

yes good idea option for 5,10,15 or 30 lives per team or person for custom maybe no infinite lives

option for time limit

make it offline play 4 player split screen

Not sure what you mean CloserBubbles… But yeah, 5 minutes would be too little IMO.

I agree we need some type of Firefight in Spartan Ops because every mission you play is very short especially if you do it on Legendary it’s very short. We need it to be longer and more fun.

> I agree we need some type of Firefight in Spartan Ops because every mission you play is very short especially if you do it on Legendary it’s very short. We need it to be longer and more fun.

Main problem with Spartan Ops is as you said, them being too small. They need to be longer if we’re to have some real fun with it …

If I had to choose between just this Firefight or no Firefight at all, I’d pick this.
I would, however, prefer to have all the options from Reach and more, so that if my friends and I want a screw-around Firefight custom with Gravity Hammers and Grunts, I have the tools to set it up.
Maybe to satiate the people who disliked the more popular versions of Reach’s Firefight, the default “ODST-esque” mode could be pushed more towards the forefront by being the one that offers up the highest rewards, perhaps scaling the rewards so you earn increasingly more experience the more waves you last.

I don’t quite understand why people would want a trimmed down version of Firefight, rather than requesting the best of both ODST and Reach.

Hell, I’d like to see 343i implement some ideas put forth by other companies, such as:
-Firefight on Multiplayer maps. This makes each map pack, IMO, far more worth the purchase. Even if someone lacks online play, they could still buy the packs for 3 new Firefight missions.

-Objectives rounds. ME3’s multiplayer did this nicely, offering up rounds that weren’t just about killing enemies. Maybe this could be expanded on, allowing 343i or the player to designate Primary and Secondary Objectives for each wave, ranging from “Survive until time reaches 0”, “Plant the Bomb”, “Exterminate all enemies”, “Protect the Generator(s)”, “Defend this Territory”, etc. Where both objectives need to be completed to progress to the next wave.

-Tower Defense-esque aspects. It almost seemed like Reach was one step away from that, what with the defense turrets on “The Package” and all, and the new Dominion gametype shows that this idea could work. Maybe let players build and repair structures such as auto and manned turrets, ammo crates, and barricades. This, combined with the Ordinance Drops could make for very interesting Firefight matches.

I loved Reach’s FF, I hated ODST’s FF with a passion. We have a blend of ODST and Campaign, right now as spartan ops. If they add something like firefight there should be both types then. You only gave a push towards ODST’s FF and not like Arcadefight. If you look at FF from reach the most popular was Arcadefight, because you could go in a just blow stuff up. Limited was taken out due to the lowest populations in all of reach’s playlist, -Yoink-, team objective had a higher population. Only to be put back in, because of complaints and still suffered, because no one ever voted for it, reason being, its not fun to play. Thats not a lie and the numbers back my statement up. You cant fight with the numbers.

So if they were to do it, make some of the maps were you have,
unlimited lives
Overshield
power weapons
10,000 enemies.

Limited was the only one i ever played…

I just want to pop the disc in, load up firefight, pick a load out, and kill till my mind goes numb…

Add what ever else you want to it, but please make limited an option at least for offline play.

Adding firefight of any kind would increase the replay value of this game substantially. At least it would for me.
I’m inflicted with the curse of Wildblue.

Firefight in halo ODST was amazing, it felt more like survival, where in halo reach it felt like a mini game to collect points. Spartan ops is very cool no doubt, but what happens when it’s over? Are you seriously going to play all the missions over again when you already know that most of the missions will have the same objectives? Replayability is going to be very low in my opinion. I sure wouldn’t play every mission again unless I was very bored.

People like survival type games. Infection mode in halo reach was very popular. Not to bring up the enemy, but call of duty black ops has zombie mode which is also very popular, and that is a perfect example of success.

Firefight would be a very good addition as DLC, as it most likely has a higher replayability.

> I loved Reach’s FF, I hated ODST’s FF with a passion. We have a blend of ODST and Campaign, right now as spartan ops. If they add something like firefight there should be both types then. You only gave a push towards ODST’s FF and not like Arcadefight. If you look at FF from reach the most popular was Arcadefight, because you could go in a just blow stuff up. Limited was taken out due to the lowest populations in all of reach’s playlist, Yoink!, team objective had a higher population. Only to be put back in, because of complaints and still suffered, because no one ever voted for it, reason being, its not fun to play. Thats not a lie and the numbers back my statement up. You cant fight with the numbers.
>
> So if they were to do it, make some of the maps were you have,
> unlimited lives
> Overshield
> power weapons
> 10,000 enemies.

That won’t work. Spartan Ops itself is part of the Campaign, and to add power weapons, overshields, all that stuff would break the lore, which would make it needed to create a different category just for firefight.

If we do a simple ODST style firefight (at least for now), they can add it under SPartan Ops, and save a lot of work and time, which is something they WILL think about.

When a lot of people play the ODST style FF, and ask for more FF types, they’ll add it, but for now i propose we go ODST style to “start up” with.

Thanks for the reply btw ^^

Quetzo, you are a genius. Objective FF would be a literal game-changer.
I’ll concede on the arcade bit as well as long as it’s reduced in offer frequency in MM, or in its own playlist or something. I can’t be the only guy who gets tired of the power-weapon limitless lives explosionfests.

Trust me… you’re not. I got tired of it the first 5 times :S

No suggestions to add to the main idea? I’d love to hear some …

Also, please keep this topic up on the front pages, or 343 will never see it, and we will never get enough votes to actually make 343 care.

• Thanks

Here’s what Im looking for in this:

• offline mode
  • Load outs
  • Wave customization
  • option for unlimited time
  • Skull utilization
  • Old Custom Game style customization

but to start small, lets just get and endles wave option for spartan ops and work up from there…

Also, bump for visibility