FIREFIGHT IN HALO INFINITE

Firefight in halo infinite

If you mean “Will it be in Infinite?” then: I don’t think any of us knows, but it’d be cool to see it.
If you mean “What do you want to see in Firefight?” then: I’d like Reach’s firefight but expanded to include some of the elements from HW2’s Terminus Firefight.
If you mean “Firefight is in Infinite.” then see post #1. I don’t think any of us actually knows for sure yet.

Some more ‘meat’ in your OP would really help next time if you’re expecting a discussion :slight_smile:

Needs to be able to use ODST or Marines, Spartans are too strong and make for boring gameplay in Firefight.

> 2533274812438213;3:
> Needs to be able to use ODST or Marines, Spartans are too strong and make for boring gameplay in Firefight.

That’s a misconception about ODST vs Halo Reach firefight.

Even though ODSTs are weaker than Spartans in terms of the lore, in terms of gameplay Halo 3 ODST had nearly identical gameplay to Master Chief in Halo 3. The only differences were non-regenerating health, less jump height, weaker melee attack (and not by much), a different grenade throwing ark, and recoil being present on weapons. You still walked at the same speed, and could take just as many shots before dying from full health.

Reach had almost identical nerfs to the ones in ODST. The only differences between Spartans in Reach and ODST’s in ODST are the grenade throwing arc, recoil swapped for bloom, a slower base movement speed in Reach, and access to Armor Abilities. So it’s not playing as Spartans that makes firefight easier, it’s the gameplay mechanics themselves.

Weapons were generally much stronger in Reach than they were in 3/ODST, and Reach’s firefight is generally remembered as easier because of how often you’d get “fun” gametypes, or you’d only play one set and you wouldn’t have to deal with all the skulls active like you did in ODST. But if you ever voted for Firefight Limited and especially Legendary Firefight Limited it was crazy how few teams would make it through even a single set.

In Halo 5 the balance is tipped even further in the Spartans favor, as 343 focused on making the gameplay more of a power fantasy than Bungie did, so Spartans are generally far stronger in their Halo games, you can survive more shots and do a LOT more damage than you did in Bungie era games, and the Warzone mechanics give you a lot more options for weapons and vehicles further making you more powerful than you were in ODST or Reach.

> 2533274810177460;4:
> > 2533274812438213;3:
> > Needs to be able to use ODST or Marines, Spartans are too strong and make for boring gameplay in Firefight.
>
> That’s a misconception about ODST vs Halo Reach firefight.
>
> Even though ODSTs are weaker than Spartans in terms of the lore, in terms of gameplay Halo 3 ODST had nearly identical gameplay to Master Chief in Halo 3. The only differences were non-regenerating health, less jump height, weaker melee attack (and not by much), a different grenade throwing ark, and recoil being present on weapons. You still walked at the same speed, and could take just as many shots before dying from full health.
>
> Reach had almost identical nerfs to the ones in ODST. The only differences between Spartans in Reach and ODST’s in ODST are the grenade throwing arc, recoil swapped for bloom, a slower base movement speed in Reach, and access to Armor Abilities. So it’s not playing as Spartans that makes firefight easier, it’s the gameplay mechanics themselves.
>
> Weapons were generally much stronger in Reach than they were in 3/ODST, and Reach’s firefight is generally remembered as easier because of how often you’d get “fun” gametypes, or you’d only play one set and you wouldn’t have to deal with all the skulls active like you did in ODST. But if you ever voted for Firefight Limited and especially Legendary Firefight Limited it was crazy how few teams would make it through even a single set.
>
> In Halo 5 the balance is tipped even further in the Spartans favor, as 343 focused on making the gameplay more of a power fantasy than Bungie did, so Spartans are generally far stronger in their Halo games, you can survive more shots and do a LOT more damage than you did in Bungie era games, and the Warzone mechanics give you a lot more options for weapons and vehicles further making you more powerful than you were in ODST or Reach.

I honestly felt like Halo 5 was the weakest and was a grindhouse. Some bosses even with Hannibal Scorpions and Mantis still would not drop. Making the bosses bullet sponges was not a “fun” gameplay mechanic. It actually made things more frustrating any annoying more than anything else, especially while everyone is using their highest REQs to kill two Wardens just for the time to run out anyway, what was the point?

Again, ODST felt the most polished. Halo: Reach’s firefight just was not that fun. I don’t know if it was the game itself and the things you mentioned were a factor but it just did not feel fun. Something about being these ODSTs with an SMG going against wave after wave especially the unique factions of drones and brutes felt better. I play Reach’s firefight and even with matchmaking and Generator defense, I get bored.

> 2533274812438213;5:
> > 2533274810177460;4:
> > > 2533274812438213;3:
> > > Needs to be able to use ODST or Marines, Spartans are too strong and make for boring gameplay in Firefight.
> >
> > That’s a misconception about ODST vs Halo Reach firefight.
> >
> > Even though ODSTs are weaker than Spartans in terms of the lore, in terms of gameplay Halo 3 ODST had nearly identical gameplay to Master Chief in Halo 3. The only differences were non-regenerating health, less jump height, weaker melee attack (and not by much), a different grenade throwing ark, and recoil being present on weapons. You still walked at the same speed, and could take just as many shots before dying from full health.
> >
> > Reach had almost identical nerfs to the ones in ODST. The only differences between Spartans in Reach and ODST’s in ODST are the grenade throwing arc, recoil swapped for bloom, a slower base movement speed in Reach, and access to Armor Abilities. So it’s not playing as Spartans that makes firefight easier, it’s the gameplay mechanics themselves.
> >
> > Weapons were generally much stronger in Reach than they were in 3/ODST, and Reach’s firefight is generally remembered as easier because of how often you’d get “fun” gametypes, or you’d only play one set and you wouldn’t have to deal with all the skulls active like you did in ODST. But if you ever voted for Firefight Limited and especially Legendary Firefight Limited it was crazy how few teams would make it through even a single set.
> >
> > In Halo 5 the balance is tipped even further in the Spartans favor, as 343 focused on making the gameplay more of a power fantasy than Bungie did, so Spartans are generally far stronger in their Halo games, you can survive more shots and do a LOT more damage than you did in Bungie era games, and the Warzone mechanics give you a lot more options for weapons and vehicles further making you more powerful than you were in ODST or Reach.
>
> I honestly felt like Halo 5 was the weakest and was a grindhouse. Some bosses even with Hannibal Scorpions and Mantis still would not drop. Making the bosses bullet sponges was not a “fun” gameplay mechanic. It actually made things more frustrating any annoying more than anything else, especially while everyone is using their highest REQs to kill two Wardens just for the time to run out anyway, what was the point?
>
> Again, ODST felt the most polished. Halo: Reach’s firefight just was not that fun. I don’t know if it was the game itself and the things you mentioned were a factor but it just did not feel fun. Something about being these ODSTs with an SMG going against wave after wave especially the unique factions of drones and brutes felt better. I play Reach’s firefight and even with matchmaking and Generator defense, I get bored.

I feel ye about 5’s. I like the concept and stuff, but only a very small fraction of the weapon/vehicle pool is really worth using. Only a few rounds end up being what you described for me though, unless I’m in Mythic. In Heroic pulling a hannibal tank means you can basically solo all but the “Hunters that camp in the vehicle-unfriendly bases” waves. And that wave? A If you’ve got a White Scar or even a Scourge of Fire, it wrecks those hunters. Assuming you don’t get shot first, that is. Vehicles though it’s punishing you for not having called in a Wraith earlier.

I fully agree though with ODST feeling the most polished and enjoyable though.