Firefight in H.Infinite

What’s going on with Firefight, we’ve basically heard nothing from Halo’s Horde mode. Where is it? If H.Infinite doesn’t include a respectable Firefight with Forge and the like, I think that would be a great shame due to the massive potential of Firefight.

Firefight seems very unlikely right now.

> 2533274882881665;2:
> Firefight seems very unlikely right now.

I 100% agree. We will probably see it down the line as a big update/dlc. Somehow they need to fill the 10 years of planned service with new and exciting content and firefight is a beloved staple of the franchise. Maybe it’ll be included with forge, because we know that forge will have customizable AI in it.

> 2535469602126376;1:
> What’s going on with Firefight, we’ve basically heard nothing from Halo’s Horde mode. Where is it? If H.Infinite doesn’t include a respectable Firefight with Forge and the like, I think that would be a great shame due to the massive potential of Firefight.

I expected to hear about spartan ops by now for sure. And the sandbox bases in campaign can easily be repurposed a la ODST and Reach for a revamp of Firefight.
So it stands to reason we get news on firefight when campaign coop is ready for consumption.
343i ain’t big of firefight historically.
I hoped for it in CEA, H2A and to get some levels form halo 3 like the quid pro quo section of Sierra 117 along with sergeant Reynolds ported to the mode and the option for spartan fire fight but none of this came to fruition, shame really.
Even if they just implemented the option to have AI on a few of the btb maps or closed off parts of a couple campaign sections for it id be over the moon. Doesnt seem that Labour intensive god knows we all molded it into CEPC and Halo2V back in the day easy enough.
Hell even a PvE wave based dominion mode in halo 4 would have been enough for me.
The other issue is, is firefight free or part of campaign? Traditionally it has been and mp mode using campaign assets and surely it you bloat the F2P MP install quite a bit but be negligible in size as part coop campaign update?
Lots to consider. Honestly a well executed spartan ops is more exciting for me as big a fire fight fan as I am.
And going off Joseph’s comments on player mo Spartans being part of the story an Spops season2 seems more a priority at 343i, that said level segments built for that could double as ff maps. I hope we get small linear levels in SPops S2 with ff sections peppered through.
Either way it appears forge will have you covered to some extent.

I’m sure Firefight will appear considering the demand and popularity amongst fans.

All my absolute support for the return of Spartan Ops, using our spartan as part of the expanding Halo storyline.

I agree. Most likely 343 has a Update plan for additional things like firefight, playable Elites, Invasion, etc. It’ll all be marketed to draw players back once numbers start to drop. So the best thing to do is recruit players and have them spend money on Infinite then just stop and be vocal about Firefight along with other features people want returned. Blam! Done.

343 is only going to focus on Campaign and Matchmaking for the time being. We won’t hear anything about Firefight until after Co-op and Forge are released. However If you want firefight next make sure to but very vocal near six months after launch.

Maybe the community needs to agree on a priority list. Like: 1. Firefight
2. Playable Elites/Invasion
3. More Game type’s
4. Campaign DLC
5. Spartan Ops
Stuff like that. I know I would rather see this stuff than battle pass after battle pass.

For a while I had the assumption that Infinite having Firefight would be a given.
With Halo 4, 343 got backlash over Spartan Ops because the mode essentially replaced Firefight and the fans wanted it back.
They tried to indicate again and give us Warzone in Halo 5, but we still weren’t happy, so they retooled it and gave us WZ Firefight.

Thinking that they would learn from this, and the general emphasis on returning to Halo’s roots, I figured the mode would be there.

However, as we’ve not heard even a whisper of Firefight from 343, I’m going to assume there won’t be one at launch. As it hasn’t been in the previous 2 games, they have an out in that it’s not a ‘required’ inclusion, so they not have to announce it’s missing if they don’t want to, unlike Forge or Co-op.

If there was firefight in Infinite I’d suspect they would have announced it by now.
But it’s possible that they will make it later and ad it at some point during the 10 years…

I’m either assuming that 343i already has a good firefight in H.Infinite and just havn’t advertised it or H.Infinite doesn’t yet have a Firefight. All I can say to a lack of Firefight is that 343 could put all it’s attention into Firefight once Co-op Campaign and Forge are in the game. All that could possibly stand in the way of that is if 343i bend to the pressure of the wider gaming community and streamers to include a Battle Royale into the game.

> 2781911019823810;7:
> I agree. Most likely 343 has a Update plan for additional things like firefight, playable Elites, Invasion, etc. It’ll all be marketed to draw players back once numbers start to drop. So the best thing to do is recruit players and have them spend money on Infinite then just stop and be vocal about Firefight along with other features people want returned. Blam! Done.
>
> 343 is only going to focus on Campaign and Matchmaking for the time being. We won’t hear anything about Firefight until after Co-op and Forge are released. However If you want firefight next make sure to but very vocal near six months after launch.
>
> Maybe the community needs to agree on a priority list. Like: 1. Firefight
> 2. Playable Elites/Invasion
> 3. More Game type’s
> 4. Campaign DLC
> 5. Spartan Ops
> Stuff like that. I know I would rather see this stuff than battle pass after battle pass.

Let’s be clear though, you will never get any of this without battle pass after battle pass. They are necessary for the future of the game. If there’s enough complaints about them, we won’t ever get any of the above and probably won’t get another Halo game for another 10 years.

> 2781911019823810;7:
> I agree. Most likely 343 has a Update plan for additional things like firefight, playable Elites, Invasion, etc. It’ll all be marketed to draw players back once numbers start to drop. So the best thing to do is recruit players and have them spend money on Infinite then just stop and be vocal about Firefight along with other features people want returned. Blam! Done.
>
> 343 is only going to focus on Campaign and Matchmaking for the time being. We won’t hear anything about Firefight until after Co-op and Forge are released. However If you want firefight next make sure to but very vocal near six months after launch.
>
> Maybe the community needs to agree on a priority list. Like: 1. Firefight
> 2. Playable Elites/Invasion
> 3. More Game type’s
> 4. Campaign DLC
> 5. Spartan Ops
> Stuff like that. I know I would rather see this stuff than battle pass after battle pass.

I agree to all but the campaign DLC. I don’t want Halo to turn into Destiny. But with how we have bot slayer, I am thinking we might not get Firefight. But I sure hope we do.