Firefight Ideas

If 343 were to bring firefight back I would love a few key things to be added:

1. Competitive Gameplay: I want no chance of survival through 50 waves and for anyone that plays each mission to be on the same starting ground to ensure people can compete for the best scores properly. Before it didn’t have the arcade competitive feel I was hoping for. This doesn’t mean get rid of the ability to craft your own firefight modes like they had in Reach though

2. Ordnance Drops: Earn currency during the match for kills and assists that can be spent on ordnance drops like weapons, vehicles, defenses, or AI allies (marines, ODST, spartants, heroes, etc). Imagine being able to call in Sergeant Johnson! Maybe they can implement some of the new ally AI features they’re bringing to campaign.

3. Progression: Unlock the ability to call in special ordnance drops listed above, unlock new firefight missions, unlock aesthetic upgrades

Or maybe I’m the only one that misses firefight, thoughts?!

I like Firefight for the reason that you were not always stronger than the enemy so it played into the tension and teamwork to keep going. Having people come in and help you just makes Firefight from ODST feel like Firefight from Halo: Reach, which is too easy and Arcade-like.

If you tone it down a bit and have only defenses like small arms turrets, or barriers and maybe a ghost or warthog, then I could see the tight gameplay and tension being retained, which is what I believe made Firefight truly fun.

Put it into a spin-off FPS game as one of the key multiplayer modes; that’s the basic premise of my idea.

I would like to see Gears of War 3 horde mode elements added to fire fight. Like boss rounds and building defenses to protect you. Would be cool, plus you could get ordinance drops in between rounds.

> 2533274809738692;4:
> I would like to see Gears of War 3 horde mode elements added to fire fight. Like boss rounds and building defenses to protect you. Would be cool, plus you could get ordinance drops in between rounds.

This is, in a sense, what I was thinking of. The feature I want most though is to have the ability to call in ally AI

> 2775209234672000;3:
> Put it into a spin-off FPS game as one of the key multiplayer modes; that’s the basic premise of my idea.

Downloadable for $15 off of the Xbox One store.

> 2533274795233660;6:
> > 2775209234672000;3:
> > Put it into a spin-off FPS game as one of the key multiplayer modes; that’s the basic premise of my idea.
>
>
> Downloadable for $15 off of the Xbox One store.

Dear God no

Just to tell people who don’t know this, Halo 5 will feature neither Firefight nor Spartan Ops. So don’t get your hopes up!
But yeah. We can always discuss about which game modes can be included in games AFTER Halo 5. As people have said above, I would love to see a Gears of War 3 Horde Style Firefight mode. Also, I hope I am not crazy here when I say that we can also have a Beast Style mode in Halo which for those who haven’t played Gears of War, is the exact opposite of Horde/Firefight. YOU ARE THE ENEMY. So if such a mode does come to Halo, we’ll get to play as Grunts, Jackals, Hunters and what not.(Watchers even!).

I agree with a lot of this.

The only way we will get something akin to Firefight at this point is if.
A. 343 makes PVE Warzone game type or.
B. By some godly miracle they put AI bots in to forge.

> 2533274825160595;10:
> The only way we will get something akin to Firefight at this point is if.
> A. 343 makes PVE Warzone game type or.
> B. By some godly miracle they put AI bots in to forge.

Fingers crossed. But not getting my hopes up after halo 4.

would love it, lots of us want Firefight in H5, hope it will come as post launch dlc…