Firefight Difficulty is perfect!

Well nothing is perfect but it’s awesome I love it. Please leave it like this, it should be difficult…people shouldn’t be able to breeze through it on day 1. For me, a big part of the satisfaction with this update comes from the fact they decided to make it challenging. It’s really fun and I can’t wait to play more!

Exactly. If people go into firefight and win every game. They will complain it’s to easy and get bored. It’s good that it’s a challenge as it’s a triumph when you win!

So your saying that it was done exactly right, and any other opinion is wrong?

i think how hard it is to beat is great. but i think the reason is wrong. id rather have gone 1 and 8 yesterday because there were too many bad guys than because everyones sitting around on a death screen.

this game mode is a TON of fun. i definitely DONT think it should be less difficult. but maybe it should be difficult in a different way? 343 dev even said in the live stream that the timer was a last second quick-fix thing.

> 2535468547991460;4:
> i think how hard it is to beat is great. but i think the reason is wrong. id rather have gone 1 and 8 yesterday because there were too many bad guys than because everyones sitting around on a death screen.
>
> this game mode is a TON of fun. i definitely DONT think it should be less difficult. but maybe it should be difficult in a different way? 343 dev even said in the live stream that the timer was a last second quick-fix thing.

did they really?..

I agree OP.

> 2533274847563380;3:
> So your saying that it was done exactly right, and any other opinion is wrong?

No I did not say that I’m just saying I love the high difficulty and I hope it stays that way. They can refine it though, just keep it difficult.

> 2535468547991460;4:
> i think how hard it is to beat is great. but i think the reason is wrong. id rather have gone 1 and 8 yesterday because there were too many bad guys than because everyones sitting around on a death screen.
>
> this game mode is a TON of fun. i definitely DONT think it should be less difficult. but maybe it should be difficult in a different way? 343 dev even said in the live stream that the timer was a last second quick-fix thing.

Good feedback, they can tweak it if they want but I just hope it stays very challenging that’s all.

> 2533274799306209;7:
> > 2533274847563380;3:
> > So your saying that it was done exactly right, and any other opinion is wrong?
>
>
> No I did not say that I’m just saying I love the high difficulty and I hope it stays that way. They can refine it though, just keep it difficult.
>
>
>
>
> > 2535468547991460;4:
> > i think how hard it is to beat is great. but i think the reason is wrong. id rather have gone 1 and 8 yesterday because there were too many bad guys than because everyones sitting around on a death screen.
> >
> > this game mode is a TON of fun. i definitely DONT think it should be less difficult. but maybe it should be difficult in a different way? 343 dev even said in the live stream that the timer was a last second quick-fix thing.
>
>
> Good feedback, they can tweak it if they want but I just hope it stays very challenging that’s all.

That’s fine to have difficulty, but mother of goodness it needs a freaking nerf.

Remember some of us just wanna be able to sit back and have an enjoyable experience fighting a smart enemy, not shoot a freaking bullet sponge that has a bunch of smaller bullet sponges swarming you.

I think what you should say, rather then it should not be changed, is that we need to find some sort of middle ground here so that it gives a realistic expectation on players of all types, but also keeps it intresting and challenging.

Believe me, I want it difficult, but as is this is to much.

I think they have got it spot on. I played 8 games last night and only lost 2 and only had to spawn a vehicle in on the last rounds. The only thing I can complain about is the respawn time because it is a bit ridiculous when you’re facing legendary or mythic bosses and you have to wait 30 seconds to respawn.

I dont mind it being changed in some ways as long as it is as challenging as now. Anything less would get boring pretty quick for me.

> 2533274847563380;8:
> > 2533274799306209;7:
> > > 2533274847563380;3:
> > > So your saying that it was done exactly right, and any other opinion is wrong?
> >
> >
> > No I did not say that I’m just saying I love the high difficulty and I hope it stays that way. They can refine it though, just keep it difficult.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > 2535468547991460;4:
> > > i think how hard it is to beat is great. but i think the reason is wrong. id rather have gone 1 and 8 yesterday because there were too many bad guys than because everyones sitting around on a death screen.
> > >
> > > this game mode is a TON of fun. i definitely DONT think it should be less difficult. but maybe it should be difficult in a different way? 343 dev even said in the live stream that the timer was a last second quick-fix thing.
> >
> >
> > Good feedback, they can tweak it if they want but I just hope it stays very challenging that’s all.
>
>
> That’s fine to have difficulty, but mother of goodness it needs a freaking nerf.
>
> Remember some of us just wanna be able to sit back and have an enjoyable experience fighting a smart enemy, not shoot a freaking bullet sponge that has a bunch of smaller bullet sponges swarming you.
>
> I think what you should say, rather then it should not be changed, is that we need to find some sort of middle ground here so that it gives a realistic expectation on players of all types, but also keeps it intresting and challenging.
>
> Believe me, I want it difficult, but as is this is to much.

I can understand where you’re coming from, and my advice is try to give it some time. You will get better and so will others, strategies will improve, etc. Not saying you will like it for sure but just saying that usually things look better with time in these types of situations.

> 2533274799306209;11:
> > 2533274847563380;8:
> > > 2533274799306209;7:
> > > > 2533274847563380;3:
> > > > So your saying that it was done exactly right, and any other opinion is wrong?
> > >
> > >
> > > No I did not say that I’m just saying I love the high difficulty and I hope it stays that way. They can refine it though, just keep it difficult.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > 2535468547991460;4:
> > > > i think how hard it is to beat is great. but i think the reason is wrong. id rather have gone 1 and 8 yesterday because there were too many bad guys than because everyones sitting around on a death screen.
> > > >
> > > > this game mode is a TON of fun. i definitely DONT think it should be less difficult. but maybe it should be difficult in a different way? 343 dev even said in the live stream that the timer was a last second quick-fix thing.
> > >
> > >
> > > Good feedback, they can tweak it if they want but I just hope it stays very challenging that’s all.
> >
> >
> > That’s fine to have difficulty, but mother of goodness it needs a freaking nerf.
> >
> > Remember some of us just wanna be able to sit back and have an enjoyable experience fighting a smart enemy, not shoot a freaking bullet sponge that has a bunch of smaller bullet sponges swarming you.
> >
> > I think what you should say, rather then it should not be changed, is that we need to find some sort of middle ground here so that it gives a realistic expectation on players of all types, but also keeps it intresting and challenging.
> >
> > Believe me, I want it difficult, but as is this is to much.
>
>
> I can understand where you’re coming from, and my advice is try to give it some time. You will get better and so will others, strategies will improve, etc. Not saying you will like it for sure but just saying that usually things look better with time in these types of situations.

This. The gametype is less than 24 hours old!

> 2535468547991460;4:
>

The game already has significant frame rate drops because of the number of enemies on your screen at once… I really don’t see a way other than the respawn timer increasing to make the gamemode more difficult. Anything affecting the REQ level will just frustrate players having to spawn with only loadout weapons for the endgame fights.

I enjoy the difficulty. I do not want to be able to just breeze through it easy. I want the AI to be difficult and a challenge. It’s more fun having to work for the win, or loss.

> 2533274875982754;6:
> I agree OP.

And so do I.
Although a few small fixed need to be done.