Firefight/Coop Input Lag [POLL]

I have a small little poll to ask the community.

Do you/Have you ever experienced input lag in firefight/campaign coop. How often?

I have a friend who claims he never has had any, even in ODST, and that I’m in the minority of players that experience it. I’m saying that he’s in the minority that has never had any.

Who ever has host in Firefight/Campaign will have NO lag, like they are playing Single Player.

He must have a -Yoink!- decent connection to never experience lag in Firefight/Campaign.

It’s been like that since Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST.

To answer your question, I tend to experience it every game, doesn’t help I get matched up with American’s, the connection isn’t good when I am from the UK.

Firefight is an amazing experience without the Input network Lag. When it does happen, it feels so bland and I feel stuck in the game. It’s only other players connections that sometimes drag me down into laggy play but when I’m host, I love it.

> Firefight is an amazing experience without the Input network Lag. When it does happen, it feels so bland and I feel stuck in the game. It’s only other players connections that sometimes drag me down into laggy play but when I’m host, I love it.

I agree, other than having to overcompensate Sniper shots when a small lag spike hits, it doesn’t really hinder gameplay that often for me.

Lag is prevalent in many games (due to people with terrible connection getting host). I have spot-on connection but still lag if the host is far enough from me. It doesn’t happen often, but when it does, it lags hard. I’ve been melee killed while shielded many times because of this.

> Who ever has host in Firefight/Campaign will have NO lag, like they are playing Single Player.
>
> He must have a -Yoink!- decent connection to never experience lag in Firefight/Campaign.
>
> It’s been like that since Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST.
>
> To answer your question, I tend to experience it every game, doesn’t help I get matched up with American’s, the connection isn’t good when I am from the UK.

It’s definitely not the same between 3 and Reach, though; my friend 8 time zones away and I were able to play Halo 3 co-op with virtually no lag save a couple hiccups here and there, whereas the same friend - now 5 time zones away, and both of us with drastically upgraded internet speeds - cannot play Reach’s co-op/Firefight without having one of us floating around on ice skates.

I’m hoping CEA will use 3’s code or it’s own, because if it uses Reach’s and I’m not able to play a clean co-op game, it sort of defeats the whole point of it. Upgraded graphics aren’t worth an extra £40.

> > Who ever has host in Firefight/Campaign will have NO lag, like they are playing Single Player.
> >
> > He must have a -Yoink!- decent connection to never experience lag in Firefight/Campaign.
> >
> > It’s been like that since Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST.
> >
> > To answer your question, I tend to experience it every game, doesn’t help I get matched up with American’s, the connection isn’t good when I am from the UK.
>
> It’s definitely not the same between 3 and Reach, though; my friend 8 time zones away and I were able to play Halo 3 co-op with virtually no lag save a couple hiccups here and there, whereas the same friend - now 5 time zones away, and both of us with drastically upgraded internet speeds - cannot play Reach’s co-op/Firefight without having one of us floating around on ice skates.
>
> I’m hoping CEA will use 3’s code or it’s own, because if it uses Reach’s and I’m not able to play a clean co-op game, it sort of defeats the whole point of it. Upgraded graphics aren’t worth an extra £40.

I was meant to say that the way the lag works was the same, I did in no way mean the Network Code was the same, it was much better in Halo: Reach.

> I was meant to say that the way the lag works was the same, I did in no way mean the Network Code was the same, it was much better in Halo: Reach.

For multiplayer, Reach’s code is a big improvement: ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ is far less frustrating than the past games’ ‘what-the-host-sees-is-what-you-get’. For co-op/Firefight, Reach’s code is bloody awful.

> > I was meant to say that the way the lag works was the same, I did in no way mean the Network Code was the same, it was much better in Halo: Reach.
>
> For multiplayer, Reach’s code is a big improvement: ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ is far less frustrating than the past games’ ‘what-the-host-sees-is-what-you-get’. For co-op/Firefight, Reach’s code is bloody awful.

It’s a bloody big improvement from Halo 3’s, it’s not the best but I prefer it over H3’s.