FIREFIGHT can't be cut, can it????

The cancellation of Firefight has to be fake right? FF = extra replay value <–fact.

If FF goes bye, bye, at least GIVE US BOTS to fight in a simulation MM!

Will someone just tell me the leak was fake so I can ex hail?

Wo get something better :wink: FF was boring.

> Wo get something better :wink: FF was boring.

everyone is different, you may find it boring, but i love going on and killing wave after wave. like if you do nothing but FF yes it does get boring but so does everything else

There’s a new mode called Spartan Ops which is basicly a stand alone co-op Campaign which has it’s own story, missions and maps in which you play as your own multipalyer character. Basicly a combination of Campaign and Firefight.

I bet it’s just the space issue on the dvd disc. This is why 2 discs are needed. So everyone can be happy. Firefight from odst needs to return.

Yep its cut, replaced by sparton ops

I never really invested my time into Firefight. Its cut doesn’t really bother me.

It gets boring FAST. Spartan Ops sounds a lot more interesting.

I liked FF but I am interested in hearing more about Spartan Ops (PLEASE 343i change the friggin name).

Spartan ops will likely have a couple of “kill all the things” missions, like current firefight, that people will be able to replay for their 20 million games of firefight if they want.

I’m shocked by this and scared. Next we’ll hear that Forge got cut too.

> Wo get something better :wink: FF was boring.

FF was not boring. Could have been done differently though, ODST introduced it almost perfectly, Reach could have expanded on it more.

Did anyone else also like ODST Firefight a lot more than Reach Firefight?

Reach Firefight, at least over matchmaking, was a little lackluster for me. I love wave defense modes because they give you the sensation of “All right. It’s all or nothing. Our backs are up against the wall and it’s us or them.” The sense of survival and desperation is what keeps me playing wave defense type games, as well as seeing how long we can last for and setting marks to improve upon. In Reach, you either had infinite lives and ammo, or were limited to only one set. That killed part of the appeal to me.

ODST Firefight FTW.

> I’m shocked by this and scared. Next we’ll hear that Forge got cut too.

That’s not going to happen. I’m sorry, but I don’t believe that 343 would do that.

removing FF would be a step back words for Halo. Why get rid of features?

It can. It was. It has.

And it’s been replaced by something better, by the sounds of it.

> Did anyone else also like ODST Firefight a lot more than Reach Firefight?
>
> Reach Firefight, at least over matchmaking, was a little lackluster for me. I love wave defense modes because they give you the sensation of “All right. It’s all or nothing. Our backs are up against the wall and it’s us or them.” The sense of survival and desperation is what keeps me playing wave defense type games, as well as seeing how long we can last for and setting marks to improve upon. In Reach, you either had infinite lives and ammo, or were limited to only one set. That killed part of the appeal to me.
>
> ODST Firefight FTW.

I agree, I just played ODST FF a few days again, its been awhile. It was alot more fun then the one in Reach. I feel like they can always bring back FF in DLC. FF was fun when it first came out but It really did get boring after a few months.

> There’s a new mode called Spartan Ops which is basicly a stand alone co-op Campaign which has it’s own story, missions and maps in which you play as your own multipalyer character. Basicly a combination of Campaign and Firefight.

Which seems cool…As long as they change the name >->

For the love of god it needs to be changed…At least have it somewhat mixed to an established canon piece like Headhunters for S3s >_> It’ll work for S4s, long as it’s not “Spartan Ops”

I’d most likely expect it to be back as Spartan Ops missions similar to Reach’s Lone Wolf. That way they don’t need to put any time into making Firefight maps and they can focus on multiplayer and Invasion ones.

> > There’s a new mode called Spartan Ops which is basicly a stand alone co-op Campaign which has it’s own story, missions and maps in which you play as your own multipalyer character. Basicly a combination of Campaign and Firefight.
>
> Which seems cool…As long as they change the name >->
>
> For the love of god it needs to be changed…At least have it somewhat mixed to an established canon piece like Headhunters for S3s >_> It’ll work for S4s, long as it’s not “Spartan Ops”

I agree 100%. Out of all the new features I can’t staind the names for Spartan Points and Spartan Ops…Seems like they got lazy with the names.