Firefight back up squad... ODST, marines, and spartan drops...

I want to talk about a cool new feature for firefight, your own squad of some of the toughest men and women in the galaxy to help you combat the fores of evil and the unknown threat. (TL: DR but it will be worth it, also PLEASE POST, IF YOU SPENT THE TIME READING THIS, PLEASE POST IN THIS THREAD SO I DIDN’T WASTE MY TIME).

Your squad: 3 levels

• Marines
  • ODST
  • Spartan
  • Elite strike team?

Full customization:
Your squad is YOUR squad. Change their armor, weapons, voice, colors, calltag, ANYTHING you want.

How to unlock:
You would unlock on a point based system and you can have up to 6 marines, spartans, or ODSTs to fight alongside you.

Marines: 10,000 points
ODSTs: 50,000 points
Spartans: 100,000 points

caller:
In order to call in your strike team and unleash a new wake of destruction on your enemies you need to also buy and save up “radios”. These “radios” would appear in the map and once you activate them, a Pelican will drop off your squad who will sill stay till you day.

Once your squad falls, they don’t come back.

Upgrades: Upgrade your squads health, shields, and give them abilities to aid them in your fight.

Commands: Set squad commands for your squad to remain in a certain position or target and specific enemy. Have your squad unlock doors to unlock sweet weapon caches or credits.

That is my idea. PLEASE post and show your support.

I’d love to see something like this. I think every game mode like this needs to be more solo friendly, personally.

A.I teammates are a great way to do that. Though, I’d change being able to call them in, having tiers (Marine<ODST<Spartan) and customization.

When you play Firefight in a custom, have a “Number of bots” setting. Max: 3, min: 0. Then, add the correct number of Spartans that are identical to the host.

A.I teammates stay a difficulty range above the enemy (unless you’re playing on Legendary) and use lives when they die.

I like it.

This is a great idea. Definitely make FF more fun for people offline/no friends!

Love it.

> I’d love to see something like this. I think every game mode like this needs to be more solo friendly, personally.
>
> A.I teammates are a great way to do that. Though, I’d change being able to call them in, having tiers (Marine<ODST<Spartan) and customization.
>
> When you play Firefight in a custom, have a “Number of bots” setting. Max: 3, min: 0. Then, add the correct number of Spartans that are identical to the host.
>
> A.I teammates stay a difficulty range above the enemy (unless you’re playing on Legendary) and use lives when they die.

I want to keep more customization.

Your squad is yours.

You can have 1 marine, 3 ODST, a spartan and an elite if you wanted to. Each member of your squad would have something different to bring to the table and will all help you survive. All you need to do is go to the radio and call in your troops.

> This is a great idea. Definitely make FF more fun for people offline/no friends!

Yes, that is the idea but they won’t be TOO powerful to the point where you don’t have to do anything.

> > I’d love to see something like this. I think every game mode like this needs to be more solo friendly, personally.
> >
> > A.I teammates are a great way to do that. Though, I’d change being able to call them in, having tiers (Marine<ODST<Spartan) and customization.
> >
> > When you play Firefight in a custom, have a “Number of bots” setting. Max: 3, min: 0. Then, add the correct number of Spartans that are identical to the host.
> >
> > A.I teammates stay a difficulty range above the enemy (unless you’re playing on Legendary) and use lives when they die.
>
> I want to keep more customization.
>
> Your squad is yours.
>
> You can have 1 marine, 3 ODST, a spartan and an elite if you wanted to. Each member of your squad would have something different to bring to the table and will all help you survive. All you need to do is go to the radio and call in your troops.

Except that all takes time (and a lot of it). If we’re seriously discussing this being in the game, we’d need to cut most of what you said.

It’d need coding, menus, a seperate way for your squad to “level up” and unlock more armor (assuming it stays like Reach, of course), voice acting, a lot more coding, and then some more work.

> Your squad: 3 levels
> - Marines
> - ODST
> - Spartan
> - Elite strike team?
>
> Full customization:
> Your squad is YOUR squad. Change their armor, weapons, voice, colors, calltag, ANYTHING you want.

More Customization you say?
A way to flesh out and add depth to Firefight you say?

Now who the hell wouldn’t want this…good idea…