firefight and multiplayer upgrades: killstreak rewards

Hello halo fanatics i was throwing around some ideas yesterday and didn’t get anywhere until i fell asleep and woke up the next morning and had some awesome ideas what if halo 4 had killstreaks

Example
UNSC STREAKS
Adrenaline: get 3 kills and receive a 10% speed boost
Mongoose: get 3 kills and have a Mongoose dropped at a location of your choice
Back up shield: get 4 kills and receive a instant shield recharge when your first shield is down
Recon drone: get 5 kills and have a Recon drone fly over head for 30 secs showing enemy positions(NOTE can be shot down)
Auto-turret: get 6 kills and have a auto-turret dropped at a location of your choice (NOTE turret can be moved again after deployed)
Warthog: get 6 kills and have a Warthog dropped at a location of your choice
Resupply: get 7 kills and receive an ammo refill for any UNSC weapon
Rockethog: get 8 kills and have a rockethog dropped at a location of your choice
Carpet bomb: get 9 kills and have a longsword Carpet bomb a location on the map
Reinforcements: get 9 kills and have a pelican drop off 4 UNSC marines armed with assault rifles or DMR’s at a location of your choice(NOTE pelican can be shot down and crash anywhere near its location causing instant death or major damage)
Weapon drop: get 10 kills and have a longsword drop 2-3 weapon at the locations of your choice(NOTE weapons include sniper rifle rocket laucher spartan laser and shotgun weapons are picked at random)
Gausswathog: get 11 kills and have a Gausswarthog dropped at a location of your choice
Falcon: get 13 kills and have a Falcon fly in at a location of your choice(NOTE comes with two marines 1 pilot 1 gunner)
ODST drop pod: get 15 kills and have 5 ODST’s drop-pod in at a location of your choice(NOTE each ODST is armed with with a different weapon Eg 1 sniper 1 shotgun 1 rocket 1 Dmr 1 assault rifle also each ODST can be dropped at different points or can all be dropped at a single location)
Jamming pod: get 20 kills and have a jamming pod drop in the center of the map that jams all enemy radars and can last for 1 min 30 secs(NOTE can only be destroyed with Fuel rod and rocket launcher
Scorpion tank: get 25 kills and have a Scorpion tank dropped at a location of your choice(NOTE if a Scarab is present then two tanks will be dropped
MAC cannon: get 30 kills and have a low orbit frigate fire a MAC round at a location on the map(NOTE anything near the explosion will either be dead or heavily damaged(NOTE can be countered by cruiser)

(NOTE ODST’s and UNSC marines are not the same. marines all have the same weapons and are slightly weaker than ODST’s. ODST’s all have different weapons and are slightly more agile and have better accuracy than marines.

Covenant STREAKS
Shield gauntlet: get 3 kills and receive a Shield gauntlet that decreases damage
Ghost: get 3 kills and have a Ghost dropped in a at a location of your choice
Active camouflage: get 4 kills and receive Active camouflage until you die
Seraphs: get 5 kills and have Seraphs fly over head taking down any air vehicle for 1 min
Jackals: get 6 kills and have 2 sniper jackals dropped outside the map at random locations
Revenant: get 6 kills and have a Revenant dropped at a location of your choice
Rage: get 7 kills and receive 35% more melee damage
Grunts: get 8 kills and have 5 fuel rod grunts drop pod in at a location of your choice
Hunters: get 9 kills and have 2 hunters dropped at a location of your choice
Brutes Captains: get 9 kills and have 5 Brute Captains dropped at a location of your choice
Weapon drop pod: get 10 kills and have a pod dropped in carrying heavy weapons at a location of your choice(NOTE Weapons include fuel rod plasma launcher focus rifle and sword weapons are picked at random
Wraith: get 11 kills and have a Wraith dropped at the location of your choice
Banshee: get 13 kills and have a banshee fly in and land at a location of your choice(NOTE banshee also comes with an ultra elite with a concussion rifle)
Honorguards drop pod: get 15 kills and have pods dropped in carrying 6 Honorguard elites wielding swords that can be dropped seperately or together at a location of your choice
Engineer: get 20 kills and have a Engineer secretly appear recharging shields twice as strong to everyone on the map
Scarab: get 25 kills and have a AI scarab drop at a location of your choice(NOTE can be destroyed by frigate
Glassing: get 30 kills and have a cruiser in low orbit fire its beam for 5 secs causing major damage for the blast and minor damage for every second(NOTE can be countered by frigate)

(NOTE depending on the map some killstreaks will not be available)

These are my ideas that would make Halo 4 alot more enjoyable feel free to put your own killstreaks in.

BrawlyBoss

No.

Killsteaks are lame and promote camping.
Not mention they essentially give out free kills. It’s better people earn them.

I think a rampage or untouchable means something more if you got it on your own, without using some silly killstreak that gives you free kills.

No this is Halo not call of duty

not every game needs to be like call of duty it’s really getting annoying how every game trys to even bungie did it with reach

If you have to add killstreaks to Halo, then please limit them to Firefight gametypes only.

Hell no.

I hate to give such poor logic but please go back and play Call of Duty. It really is the only appropriate response to this idea.

that actually sounds kinda of good i hate haveing to wait foreever to get my vechlies back

Your idea lacks originality and would make one of the more skilled FPS games into a piece of garbage (like another series I won’t mention).

Come on everybody, don’t hate on an idea just because it’s similar to Call of Duty. I myself am not a fan of the “CoD” series, not in the slightest, but it’s a little ridiculous that people go off at anything even remotely similar to it. If you’re going to disagree with someone, that’s fine. Just don’t disagree with someone because their idea is similar to a game that isn’t Halo, and be ready to EXPLAIN what’s wrong about it in a mature, well laid-out manner. That said, I don’t necessarily agree with all of these, but I certainly wouldn’t mind getting some occasional reinforcements from a few ODSTs in drop pods or something. It could take a bit of weight off of my shoulders in a firefight, especially as a player who usually only plays with one or two friends in that gametype.

If we’re talking multiplayer then I’m going to have to say no, but I actually feel like that could be really cool for Firefight.

But I feel like they would work better as life streaks rather then kill streaks as there’s a bit of a difference between killing 3 grunts and 3 Elite Ultras. For example

Stay alive for one round: Weapon Drop - Another one of those weapon drop things drops down from the air with a random power weapon.

Stay alive for an entire set: Vehicle Drop - A pelican drops off a random warthog.

> If we’re talking multiplayer then I’m going to have to say no, but I actually feel like that could be really cool for Firefight.
>
> But I feel like they would work better as life streaks rather then kill streaks as there’s a bit of a difference between killing 3 grunts and 3 Elite Ultras. For example
>
> Stay alive for one round: Weapon Drop - Another one of those weapon drop things drops down from the air with a random power weapon.
>
> Stay alive for an entire set: Vehicle Drop - A pelican drops off a random warthog.

What you have described would be perfectly acceptable. I just can not support it in matchmaking or support anything where you are not the one getting the kills but rather an AI controlled unit.

> If we’re talking multiplayer then I’m going to have to say no, but I actually feel like that could be really cool for Firefight.
>
> But I feel like they would work better as life streaks rather then kill streaks as there’s a bit of a difference between killing 3 grunts and 3 Elite Ultras. For example
>
> Stay alive for one round: Weapon Drop - Another one of those weapon drop things drops down from the air with a random power weapon.
>
> Stay alive for an entire set: Vehicle Drop - A pelican drops off a random warthog.

You could make it pointstreaks instead of killstreaks. Killing an Elite Ultra gives you a lot more points than killing a grunt. Getting rewarded for surviving waves would cause people to camp or AFK.

> > If we’re talking multiplayer then I’m going to have to say no, but I actually feel like that could be really cool for Firefight.
> >
> > But I feel like they would work better as life streaks rather then kill streaks as there’s a bit of a difference between killing 3 grunts and 3 Elite Ultras. For example
> >
> > Stay alive for one round: Weapon Drop - Another one of those weapon drop things drops down from the air with a random power weapon.
> >
> > Stay alive for an entire set: Vehicle Drop - A pelican drops off a random warthog.
>
> You could make it pointstreaks instead of killstreaks. Killing an Elite Ultra gives you a lot more points than killing a grunt. Getting rewarded for surviving waves would cause people to camp or AFK.

No no no nononononononono! Reach has taken all the challenge out of firefight (compared to ODST) and what you are suggesting will only make it easier. Seriously, do you know how often I die in a FF match? The covies are lucky to get one kill on me (in limited). In Arcade, the only serious threat (because I haz Overshields) are the Heretics (Elites with UNSC weapons). If your suggestion went through, there would be no point to playing it, considering you can shred through Covies already.

We already have a reward system for kill streaks in halo and these are called medals.

Killstreaks are ruining shooters.

Damn! I just got mine Tank order thanks to my 20 kills streak by camping! Time to call it in in Sword Base! oh wait…

> Your idea lacks originality and would make one of the more skilled FPS games into a piece of garbage (like another series I won’t mention).

Yano if back in H3 you would have mentioned jet packs, loadouts, and sprint in halo people would have said the same thing…

No. It promotes camping and unbalanced gameplay, as well as things to do work for you. None of that should be promoted or exist in a halo game. It works just fine in CoD so if you want killstreaks, go play it.

> > Your idea lacks originality and would make one of the more skilled FPS games into a piece of garbage (like another series I won’t mention).
>
> Yano if back in H3 you would have mentioned jet packs, loadouts, and sprint in halo people would have said the same thing…

To be fair, they sort of did…

> No. It promotes camping and unbalanced gameplay, as well as things to do work for you. None of that should be promoted or exist in a halo game. It works just fine in CoD so if you want killstreaks, go play it.
>
>
>
> > > Your idea lacks originality and would make one of the more skilled FPS games into a piece of garbage (like another series I won’t mention).
> >
> > Yano if back in H3 you would have mentioned jet packs, loadouts, and sprint in halo people would have said the same thing…
>
> To be fair, they sort of did…

But what COD game has AA? Yeah none of them. Original idea beats copying a game that sells the same thing every year. And no, I didn’t call for AAs in H3, I just played the game as it was.

I like this idea

Post in a respectful manner about the subject at hand, or move along to the next thread. Thanks.

>
>
>

This would be really good, excelent idea