Firefight and Credit Where it's Due

I would love it if I could actually get credit for boss kills! I know in normal warzone if you die you lose all ‘credit’ towards that boss, this should not be the case in Firefight. There is no other party on give credit to. If I do x% of damage on a boss and end up dying because I was going aggro on the objective for that round, I shouldn’t be penalized for it by not getting credit at all!
(I’ve also posted this in the official thread)

I agree with you. My only additional suggestion would be that the player would be required to deal a certain percentage (i.e. 15-18%) within a life in order to still earn credit. Otherwise, a player could place one long range round on boss target and then camp from a safe distance picking off minions to double dip on survivor bonus, AI kill bonus, and boss bonus.

> 2533274838338209;2:
> I agree with you. My only additional suggestion would be that the player would be required to deal a certain percentage (i.e. 15-18%) within a life in order to still earn credit. Otherwise, a player could place one long range round on boss target and then camp from a safe distance picking off minions to double dip on survivor bonus, AI kill bonus, and boss bonus.

Exactly what I was thinking! That’s how it should be, the fact that that doing 80% of boss damage and dying will net you nothing, just because you don’t? That’s just sloppy planning or misunderstood ideas.

> 2533274849368039;3:
> > 2533274838338209;2:
> > I agree with you. My only additional suggestion would be that the player would be required to deal a certain percentage (i.e. 15-18%) within a life in order to still earn credit. Otherwise, a player could place one long range round on boss target and then camp from a safe distance picking off minions to double dip on survivor bonus, AI kill bonus, and boss bonus.
>
>
> Exactly what I was thinking! That’s how it should be, the fact that that doing 80% of boss damage and dying will net you nothing, just because you don’t? That’s just sloppy planning or misunderstood ideas.

It’s a team game, it doesn’t matter who gets the credit as long as your team gets the kill.

> 2533274803493024;4:
> > 2533274849368039;3:
> > > 2533274838338209;2:
> > > I agree with you. My only additional suggestion would be that the player would be required to deal a certain percentage (i.e. 15-18%) within a life in order to still earn credit. Otherwise, a player could place one long range round on boss target and then camp from a safe distance picking off minions to double dip on survivor bonus, AI kill bonus, and boss bonus.
> >
> >
> > Exactly what I was thinking! That’s how it should be, the fact that that doing 80% of boss damage and dying will net you nothing, just because you don’t? That’s just sloppy planning or misunderstood ideas.
>
>
> It’s a team game, it doesn’t matter who gets the credit as long as your team gets the kill.

Yes, but that is exactly the OP’s point - what benefit does it lend to wiping someone’s 50% damage effort because they died playing the objective. There is no point in that not being credited to the person dealing the damage. The boss kill system rewards/credit are meant to show who worked the hardest at killing the bosses, not who cowered in the corner taking pot shots when the boss had 1% health left.

I agree completely on this, you should get credit for the damage you do on a boss in Firefight even if you die. I understand why it’s not the case in regular Warzone - the points actually matter there.
T4nk

> 2590239964264564;5:
> > 2533274803493024;4:
> > > 2533274849368039;3:
> > > > 2533274838338209;2:
> > > > I agree with you. My only additional suggestion would be that the player would be required to deal a certain percentage (i.e. 15-18%) within a life in order to still earn credit. Otherwise, a player could place one long range round on boss target and then camp from a safe distance picking off minions to double dip on survivor bonus, AI kill bonus, and boss bonus.
> > >
> > >
> > > Exactly what I was thinking! That’s how it should be, the fact that that doing 80% of boss damage and dying will net you nothing, just because you don’t? That’s just sloppy planning or misunderstood ideas.
> >
> >
> > It’s a team game, it doesn’t matter who gets the credit as long as your team gets the kill.
>
>
> Yes, but that is exactly the OP’s point - what benefit does it lend to wiping someone’s 50% damage effort because they died playing the objective. There is no point in that not being credited to the person dealing the damage. The boss kill system rewards/credit are meant to show who worked the hardest at killing the bosses, not who cowered in the corner taking pot shots when the boss had 1% health left.
>
> I agree completely on this, you should get credit for the damage you do on a boss in Firefight even if you die. I understand why it’s not the case in regular Warzone - the points actually matter there.
> T4nk

Thanks man, got the exact point!