Firefight 3.0

I hope 343 is listening. Whether Fireright 3.0, a new Spartan Ops or campaign mode matchmaking the new Halo desperately needs co-op beyond the campaign. Inviting friends to 4-player the campaign is all well and good but matchmaking is essential in today’s gaming environment. It doesn’t need to be like a failed attempt at an MMO (the FATE of another game I won’t mention). Daily and weekly challenges can add meat to the bones of Firefight 3.0 and of course Spartan customization is always awesome; the designs of custom Spartans in Halo 4 was particularly amazing. I’msure this topic has been done to death by now but I thought I’d add my voice. Feel free to throw in other co-op ideas.

Improved Firefight and the abandonment of SpOps is the way to go.

Me I think need which improves the Spartan Ops, more interaction between the players would be better. One falls asleep in the Spartan Halo 4 Ops.

> 2533274876456769;2:
> Improved Firefight and the abandonment of SpOps is the way to go.

You got it right. SpOps was a disappointment with its repetitiveness and dull narrative. Firefight has to return in 5.

i cant wait to see a new version of firefight, but i wonder if they will completely abandon the spartan ops concept. also, its really hard to say destiny (im assuming u mean) is a failure when it has over 3 million players each day…

I’ll say it again like I said many years ago: They need forgeable firefight maps…seriously just think of the possibilities XD

Spartan Ops is a failure. It’s very boring and predictive as your paycheck. It tries to be some kind of firefight but with a story, kind of a mix between co-op campaign and firefight. Problem is, you are ALWAYS doing the very same thing, ALWAYS. There’s barely any variety. It tries to be more than firefight, but at the same thing achieves less because it doesn’t assume what it is. Firefight is meant as a survival mode, in its original form at least. The ODST version is by far the superior one, when you had limited lives and unlimited time. The maps were better designed too, in teams firefight was terrific. In Reach it just doesn’t compare, most of the time unless you have friends, it’s pretty hard to find a decent game that isn’t rocketfight or whatnot. In Halo 4, the option of having such an experience is just not there. Spartan Ops is both inferior to any decent story mode and a decent survival mode. What I don’t get is how long the thing is, I never got through the whole thing because I actually thought I was wasting my time doing the very same things all over again in the very same maps. And then, who cares about episodes and such in a video game, it’s a frigging video game, not a tv show. If I want a Halo tv show I’ll just buy one!

> 2533274876456769;2:

I say why cut content Spartan Ops was a great medium for us to learn and advance in the halo lore/story.
it should how ever be more interesting in the actual missions though like adding some objectives from mp could help.

Crimson are sent to arm 1 bomb in a Enemy… (whatever ever structure base settlement? it dose not matter as long as its going to impact the story) so one player would be holding the bomb or juggling it like mp and have to am and place it give it a timer and an escape objective. done more interesting than go here shoot them hit button shoot them leave.

another more interesting way to go about some of the Intel missions could be to have the mission set out more like stockpile with data points all over the level and you have to collect them as a group/split up or even solo collect the flags(obviously change what were holding) and take it back to a pelican that drops in every 2 minutes all the while enemy’s are constantly been dropped of them selves and locking you down as you do this make the mission last 15mins with you have to at least get a certain number of flags. more flags= more credits.

most of the game types could have some element or another implemented into Spartan Ops.

But that said I would still like Firefight but not like reach’s because reach never felt like I was surviving and it was not that hard at all. and then the infinite ammo… but theres still so much room for both modes to succeed.

I Find it rather Stupid, No sorry “SAD” stupid’s a bit mean as its an opinion sorry. That you want to condemn a another way we got the progression of the haloverse because I would rathe play and watch some Spartan ops than read the books. (I have all of them im reading them in order for the second time up to Thursday war again)

Spartan Ops and Firefight should be merged together and be just one thing. Improve it however they can and make it stand out. When you add too many game modes to a game, some get more attention than others and it causes a problem.

> 2533274902527222;6:
> I’ll say it again like I said many years ago: They need forgeable firefight maps…seriously just think of the possibilities XD

ok, if they agree to apply forge to firefight maps, you can program the ai to learn how to move around a non-set environment without bugging, suiciding, or being predictably bottle necked.

and just to make a point
im going to make a firefight map where we spawn in a fortress and the enemies have to walk down tight corridors towards our cannons, we will hit over 9000 waves but be bored to death with its simplicity…

or

__im going to make a firefight map with no cover, no weapon drops, nothing! and enemies always spawn from dropships so everyone dies before the end of wave 3…__forgeable firefight maps is a bad idea

> 2533274876456769;2:

I want both to return if possible, with improvements. Forced to choose only one, I’d save Firefight and damn SpOps (which needs the most improving, anyway).

I just want a new Firefight to have both the Reach Arcade and a separate playlist for ODST-style survival matches with no set time limits.

> I Find it rather Stupid, No sorry “SAD” stupid’s a bit mean as its an opinion sorry. That you want to condemn a another way we got the progression of the haloverse because I would rathe play and watch some Spartan ops than read the books. (I have all of them im reading them in order for the second time up to Thursday war again)

There are plenty of other ways to progress the universe. 343 could easily release CGI shorts on the Halo Channel every now and then.

No matter what improvements are made to SpOps, it would still be, for all intents and purposes, nothing more than a second campaign mode. That is a gross waste of resources; resources that could be used to give us a phenomenal main campaign.

I have always really enjoyed firefight, and missed it some on H4 but I thought the Ops were pretty good. To me, both are great as long as you have someone to play them with, crank up the difficulty, include some kind of score counter and daily/weekly challenges, and it makes the replay value very high - but again just IMHO.