Firefight 2012 BETA Proposal (updated 2012/01/30)

Download the Complete set of Beta Gametypes
(Survival, End of the World, Arcade Style and Score Attack!)

Hello Waypoint,

You may remember me from well-loved threads as ‘Firefight Survival’ and ‘So, it’s December and Firefight still Sucks’! - Or, you probably don’t.

Regardless, I’m hear to talk about Firefight - or rather, the complete Playlist Category Update Proposal which I have constructed. It includes 16 new or updated gametypes spread across 4 new or adjusted playlist.

What does this mean? This means I’m very serious about getting Firefight improved. So much so that I will even do the gametype creation and testing myself and I will do it without prompting. If 343i won’t or can’t dedicate the man power to do it themselves: use us, the community. Use me, I volunteer and I’m already half-way there. I just need a bit of critique and support.

Lets go:
2 == Hopper Setup==

Anniversary

  • Anniversary Firefight
    Cooperative
  • Team Firefight
  • Firefight Doubles
  • Solo Firefight

Simple enough: what playlists exist in what category, and what they’re called. Note the conspicious absense of Firefight Arcade - this is based upon a few things:

  • -Arcade style gametypes already exist in Doubles and Anniversary
  • -I believe these style of gametypes work better in a two player setting since they are inherently incredibly easy - making it two player leaves more enemies for each player (making it more fun) and slightly increases the challenge
  • -That the max number of playlists is 25, that we are at this limit, and that 343i is unwilling to sacrifice another playlist for the introduction of a 5th firefight playlist
  • -That the continued existence of a 4 player, Arcade style Firefight playlist, especially with full game complete, would in fact be detrimental to the potential success of a more standard, survival-y, ODST-esque Firefight playlist; since it would draw away players.

‘Solo Firefight’ is more or less a name-change of ‘Score Attack’ since ‘attacking scores’ isn’t really what the playlist is about any more. I keep it because I view solo firefight as essential to the overall Firefight experience and the playlist has no major problems.

I assume that Anniversary Firefight must be kept for those who only have the Anniversary disc.

Team Firefight is a new playlist introduced to address the shocking lack of more standard, limited lives, survival based gametypes. ‘Hardcore’ versus multiplayer players get a wealth of playlists: MLG, Arena, Squad Slayer, TU ZB - to name a few. While Firefight doesn’t even have ‘ordinary’ gametypes for more than one player - let alone hardcore ones!

And no, FF Limited being the third voting option in Doubles is not sufficient, and doesn’t really count since it barely ever gets voted for and most players are liable to quit out of it very early even if it does.

The specific names are open to suggestions - apart from Anniversary Firefight I suppose because, what else would you call it?

3 == Playlist Details ==
Anniversary Firefight

  • Properties

[/li]- Max :: Players 4 - Party 4 - Local 2

  • Full game complete for 30 minutes (NO DLC Map bonus)

  • 2 voting rounds

  • Anniversary DLC Required

  • Gametypes (by voting slot)

  • Anniversary Firefight,

  • 30 min Survival, Wave Survival,

  • Arcade Fight 2012, Score Attack Pro 2012.

  • Maps - Installation 04, Unearthed

I’ll explain what these gametypes entail later but, in broad terms: what I think should be done with this playlist is to give it it’s own gametype - Anniversary Firefight - and then include a ‘sample’ of gametypes from the other FF playlists.

Giving it it’s own special gametype rewards Anniversary purchasers, and one that is tailored to the map, the game and category it is associated with - so it has relevence.

Including ‘samplers’ from other playlists gives people who only have Anniversary a better idea of what they would get when buying Reach. As it is now, they more or less leave with the impression of “well, this is fun I guess, but it’s pretty stupid still”. It would also encourage those who do have Reach to move around playlists for a fuller experience both in maps and gametypes - or to just to be more likely to get only the gametypes they particularly like.

It also eliminates the duplicate nature it has now with it being a copy of the Firefight Arcade playlist, and prevents it from becoming a ‘go-to’ super-easy, credit farming playlist since the easy gametype ‘FF Aracde 2012’ is relegated to the 3rd voting slot.

Unearthed (the Defiant Map Pack map) is included (but not required) so that the playlist can also act as a sort of ‘DLC Firefight’ - something which I don’t think we ever had. Those who do have Defiant would get a little wider map variety and a (hopefully) higher chance of their purchased map actually showing up, as opposed to Doubles and Team FF where there are no DLC restrictions at all.

Team Firefight

  • Playlist Details

  • Max :: Players 4 - Party 4 - Local 2

  • Full Game Complete for 50 minutes

  • 4 Voting rounds

  • Gametypes (by voting slot)

  • 30 min Survival (Heroic)

  • Wave Survival (Normal)

  • Hour Survival (Heroic)

  • Maps - All Firefight Maps (8 disc maps, Unearthed & Installation 04)

The new ‘standard’ Firefight experience for up to 4 players. Voting options are kept simple so you can always play the gametype variant that you want, and you just have to pick the map. 4 voting rounds (I’m hoping they can do that) to account for the two DLC Firefight maps which will always show up first if everyone in the party has it - plus so you can veto past maps like Waterfront after that as well. :wink:

Full game complete for two reasons:

  • It is the hardest set of gametypes, so you should be rewarded more highly for the demonstration of skill.
  • It is 4 players, so you want as many players as possible so you can find good network matches to minimise the ping and problems stemming from that.

Overall, this playlist fills the large gap left by FF Limited, while attempting to address some of the issues with that gametype and playlist, and to expand the options in terms of play style, and length. And, in honesty, attempts to bring the gameplay in the Firefight playlists closer to what it was intended to be: a fight for survival against hordes of incoming alien foes - rather than a shooting gallery.

With this set of gametypes, players have options for games of lengths up to 30, 45, and 60 minutes - contingent upon them staying alive that long. Lives are limited: in FF Survival and Hour Survival, starting lives are 15 and 25 respectively.

Wave Survival also brings something fresh and new: Zero Life Firefight. Sounds hard? Well, you have two advantages - you can still spawn at the start of every wave, so only one of you needs to survive, and it is only played on Normal. More in the gametype description.

No Generator defence or Legendary you’ll notice - I don’t think GD really works since it’s a fail condition you can’t really do much to prevent since they can hit it from so far away. The counter to this, in some implementations, has been to overpower the player - making it another shooting gallery gametype with an annoying fail condition. I also think it’s quite clear that Legendary is beyond the means of the overwhelming majority of players and is harder than in campaign since you get enemies rushing you rather than sitting back - I think we can safely leave it out without drawing too much ire.

Firefight Doubles

  • Properties

  • Max :: Players 2 - Party 2 - Local 2

  • 50% Game Complete for up to 30 minutes

  • 4 Voting Rounds

  • Gametypes (by voting slot)

  • Score Attack Pro (Heroic), Arcadefight

  • Heavy Fight, Rifle Fight, Close Quarters Fight

  • FF Survival (Heroic), Wave Survival (Normal),

  • Maps - All Firefight Maps (8 disc maps, Unearthed & Installation 04)

Doubles Firefight is more or less the same as it is today: an amalgamation of gametypes for just two players. (Hopefully) Less ping issues for players than the 4 player firefight, with more enemies for each of you to take on in gametypes that are more highly specialised for just two players and may be demanding of very tight teamwork.

With the removal of Firefight Arcade, this becomes the primary destination for ‘Arcade style’ gametypes with a refreshed and refined gametype selection (like, who the blam plays Plasma Fight?).

Game Complete is slashed in half for the same reason as Score Attack’s was: the primary gametypes are fairly easy and offer lots of commendation rewards. This provides incentive to play Team Firefight instead (especially if you want the Survival gametypes). But if credits aren’t your only goal, and you really only want 1 person with you, there is a wide selection of gametypes here for you - besides, if you slap on a couple of Custom Challenges while playing, you’d still make a ton of credits (+2-3000 cR a match, for realz).

Gametypes are grouped by slot for length considerations: 5-15 minutes in slot 1, 15-20 minutes in slot 2, 25-45 minutes in Slot 3. If you’d really rather not play for long with the person or on the map they selected, you can veto in favour of a shorter gametype. For example:
Your matched player chooses FF Survival on Waterfront, you can instead choose ‘Score Attack 2012’ to make sure you only have to play on that map for less than 10 minutes. Then you can split from them after the game, and hopefully find a person more aligned with your preferences.

Solo Firefight

  • Properties

  • Max :: Players 1 - Party 1 - Local 1

  • 50% Game Complete for 20 minutes + 2x Slot Machine

  • 9/max Voting rounds

  • DLC has no extra vote weighting

  • Gametypes (by voting slot)

  • Score Attack 2012 (Normal), Score Attack Pro (Heroic),

  • RifleFight, HeavyFight (Two rounds), Gruntpocalypse 2012 (Legendary)

  • Skirmigeddon, Jackalamity, Hunterclysm, Brutastrophe, Elitermination.

  • Maps - All Firefight maps (8 disc maps, Unearthed & Installation 04)

The renamed and expanded Score Attack playlist for Solo Firefighters. It allows a Lone Wolf or a person with an internet connection or in a location inappropriate for multiplayer Firefight to experience a wide sampling of gametypes on their own, as well as a full suite of single-enemy gametypes unique to the playlist. Most gametypes would have motion tracker enabled to give you an extra pair of eyes since you don’t have any teammates to work with.

50% game complete is what it currently is. To this I would add a 2x Slot Machine bonus to have something a little extra for finishing quickly rather than idling or intentionally extending games.

2x Score Attack is gone because its completely overpowered - even more so than Arcade! Of course I realise it was popular, but I would posit it was popular because it was easy credits more than anything - if the ease is the concern, the gametype is of course still available in Custom Firefight. Howover, if players want a Solo Firefight experience in Matchmaking so they can earn plenty of credits, they should have to work a little harder for it.

As a concession, standard Score Attack would be updated (for the FUNZ) and dropped to Normal difficulty: playing on the same difficulty with similar enemy numbers as four players do is probably too much. Conversely, Score Attack Pro is a two round gametype offering a slightly harder, purer ‘Score Attack’ experience.

A the two main weapon specific arcade-style weapon focused gametypes are included for practice and variety purposes but limited to 2 rounds only to encourage going into Doubles for the full thing - I could probably be pursuaded to rename these to ‘X Attack.’

The single-enemy gametypes are expanded and updated to include all of the enemy types available. The loadouts are all diversified so you can try a greater range of weapons against the given enemy: Grenade Launching Grunts? Check. Needling Hunters? Check. Lasering Jackals? Check. I’ve made most of these already and they’re balanced to be effective without being stupid (i.e. no Infinite FRGs against Grunts…)

Why create gametypes for the other types of enemies? Partially just for fun, for something different, for high scores (mb :P) and perhaps most importantly - for practice. There isn’t anywhere in the campaign where you can just drill killing a specific type of enemy with such a wide array of weaponry - but now in Solo Firefight, you could. You can take the skills learned here back into campaign or into the other Firefight playlists and gametypes.

The variety, freshness and hopefully quality of these gametypes is such that even if you can’t get exactly what you want you can still find something worth playing - there is no quit penalty if you can’t. Note that Gruntpocalypse has a 1/3 chance of showing in Slot 2, so you should see that gametype around 3 times per vote cycle.

4 == Gametype Details ==
- Classically Styled -

  • [Anniversary Firefight](http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=25677657&player=Ultimate RC) - Halo 1 enemies only (Grunts, Jackals, Elites, Hunters), altered player traits to mimic Anniversary Classic gametypes. Beefed up damage to make a more powerful Pistol (based on a gametype by Fyrewulff). No AAs. Infinite ammo (cus you could carry LOADS in CE :P), no weapon pickup. Loadouts give access to a wide range of Halo 1 styled weapons: Pistol, AR, Sniper, Needler, PP, PR

1 Set or 45 minutes, whichever comes sooner. ODST Skull progression: Tough Luck, Catch, Black Eye. Dropships every wave.

-Survival Style -

As a reward for being so pro, Bonus rounds get crazy - 2x all your traits, bottomless clip, Infinite AAs, and 2 minutes to smash as many Brutes as you can. But, they have enhanced traits, and Black eye is on - enjoy!

Max 2 sets or 45 minutes - most would struggle to complete 2 sets. Reduced power of loadouts compared to FF Survival and ammo crates enabled to prevent silly intentional deaths to get fresh weapons.

This gametype encourages more teamwork and staying alive since games can end quickly. However, early mistakes and loss of lives can be completely recovered quickly since you only get 1 life per wave anyway.

- Score Attack Style -

- Arcade Styled (Weapon Specific) -

  • [Arcadefight 2012](http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=26406364&player=Ultimate RC) - Up the fun, reduce the silly. Played on Normal, Infinite Ammo. Pick-up enabled. 50 lives, unaltered traits (no overshield or increased damage - most arcade gametypes are like this). Dropships on Wave 1 and 5. No weapon drops. Hazards enabled. Nerfed Loadouts (no RL or FRG). Oh, and Infinite AAs.

This gametype is so people can get a general sampling of the types of gameplay that Arcade Style gametypes entail, but without the heavy weapons completely dominating the gametype, without people walking around like tanks and without it being the be-all end-all Arcade gametype. If people want only heavy weapons or long rifles, they can go play HeavyFight or RifleFight (added incentive for diversity).

Practically, limiting the lives to 50 won’t end the game early, but should remind people of how much they are dying - what!? You’ve got infinite ammo and AAs on Normal and you’re complaining that you can only die nearly every single wave!?!? Shush.

You can already try out the gametypes I’ve built in this Fileset. I will add more as soon as I’m happy with them.

  • Gimme feedback! I honestly read and consider it all!*
  • -=TL/DR Version =-*
  • Firefight Arcade Removed
  • ‘Survival based’ playlist introduced with 3 new gametypes
  • Updated all gametypes for freshness
  • Consoladated Arcade gametypes
  • Expanded enemy specific gametype selection
  • ‘Anniversary Firefight’ gametype added based on Halo 1 weapons/enemies
  • Anniversary Firefight playlist’s gametype options expanded - sample of other playlists
  • Game Complete earn in Doubles nerfed - to incentivize Survival
  • General housekeeping - voting orders, etc.
  • Changelist:*
    2012/01/02 - Released all single-enemy gametypes. Removed Fiesta gametypes. Changed Hunter gametype name.
    2012/01/11 - Released updated Survival gametypes. Added gametype link to Anniversary Firefight.
    2012/01/26 - Wave Survival, Score Attack, Score Attack Pro released.
    2012/01/30 - Riflefight, Heavyfight and CQ Fight released. Autofight cut from proposal. Full ‘beta’ status.
    2012/02/01 - (minor fix) Removed Ammo Crate spawning in Arcadefight

Sorry, firefight arcade most likely won’t be removed because of the large population that it has out of all the current firefight playlists.

(I’m busy trying to grind for my last 150 vehicles for Grounded so I’m just throwing this together quickly)

I think it’s time Firefight got some love. 343 hasn’t touched it since they took over and it’s been what, 6 months? Only thing they did was remove the Limited list, which was crap as it was.

Sorry, I tend to disagree with the excessive limited gametypes. Only 1 is necessary. NO time limit. NO set limit. Like ODST. The weapon drops and such are fine as they were. This is NOT ODST. This is Firefight V2. People can handle the upgrade. If there weren’t a playlist cap, we could have a proper Firefight Survival playlist but the way things are setup, options are limited. Might as well keep it simple. Either you’re playing survival or you’re playing arcade. If you come to firefight, come to play. Fix the credit payouts so people actually have to work to get credits. Take away people’s incentive to AFK. The possibility of being voted into a match that could run an hour or more might actually deter AFKers, especially if the game complete bonus isn’t worth it compared to credits earned from actually killing stuff.

I also should NOT have to sign a guest in and out in Doubles to get a full match. Playing alone should always be an option with standard game types should have always been an option.

  • Vehicle drops - We need vehicle drops every wave in at least some game types. Would it be possible to only use dropships on the maps that the dropships actually bring vehicles? That would make the most sense. We don’t need them on Courtyard, Waterfront, Holdout, or Installation 04.

  • Unfrigginbelievable!? - We need a firefight gametype that runs more than 1 set to make Unfrigs and Inconceivables possible. Something with dropships every round, no time limit, limited lives, and ArcadeFight loadouts. Even if it only appears in Doubles as Endurance Fight or something, it should be an option.

  • Firefight loadouts - Why no laser loadout for ArcadeFight or a LaserFight? It’s like the least available weapon in firefight. Arcade could also do with Infinite AAs.

  • Skulls - Why is there never any change to the order the skulls are turned on? After nearly a year and a half, the Tough Luck skull is really getting old.

Survival game type: Standard FF loadouts, ammo crates, weapon drops, limited lives (10-15), and dropships every wave. NO time limit. NO set limit!

2X Firefight game type: Full set, score attack loadouts, with the overshield and 2X damage. Weapon pickup enabled

What I’m thinking…

Score Attack - Get rid of all the timers. Live limit and round limit only. Drop some BS gametypes like FRG, Sniper, and just have Arcadefight (yes, all 3 rounds), which has all those weapons. There is simply too much in the Score Attack list and not enough voting rounds to get what you want every time.

FF Doubles - Get rid of 2X Score Attack. People who want to play score attack can go play Score Attack in that list. 1 round is for -Yoink!-. At least make it like Limited was but with overshields and damage increase.

FF Arcade - Problem with this list is there’s too much crap and 9 times out of 10 you play Arcade anyway. Let’s clean it up. FRG/Rocket fight is completely redundant at this point because those weapons are available in Arcade.

Solo Firefight

  1. Score Attack, 2X Score Attack, Survival
  2. Arcadefight, Riflefight, (both with full set, and dropships every wave, and infinite ammo, infinite AAs. 45 minute time limit. Give people a way to get Grounded at a reasonable rate)
  3. Skirm, Gruntpoc, Fiesta, etc

Doubles FF

  1. 2X Firefight
  2. Survival
  3. Arcadefight

Team Firefight

  1. 2X Firefight
  2. Survival
  3. Arcadefight, Fiesta

Keep it simple like the original FF list, but have some options.

I find myself agreeing with every point you make Master RC. I am speechless…

Also, I finished my Arcadefight 2.0 Gametype.

linky

I admire your dedication to firefight, OP. I love your ideas. But one thing…

HUNTERCAUST IS TOO CLOSE TO “-Yoink!-”.

This can be very offensive to certain people…

> I admire your dedication to firefight, OP. I love your ideas. But one thing…
>
> HUNTERCAUST IS TOO CLOSE TO “-Yoink!-”.
>
> This can be very offensive to certain people…

Yes, that is true. But even though I’m Jewish it doesn’t offend me too much. However, I could see people take offense to that. As for names IDK. Huntrocity? Huntermonjaro?

> I admire your dedication to firefight, OP. I love your ideas. But one thing…
>
> HUNTERCAUST IS TOO CLOSE TO “-Yoink!-”.
>
> This can be very offensive to certain people…

Screw them. It’s a videogame. Get over it. Personally, I’d call it Hunter Hell or Hunter Havoc. Something along those lines.

Managed to persuade myself to read the whole topic and I have to say, I am impressed, I agree with pretty much everything you have posted but Huntercaust, not so much, you say people would want it to practise and be able to take it into Campaign and harder FF Missions, what is stopping people from doing this in Custom Firefight already?

Regardless, I have sent FF Survival to download to my console, I will check it out when I hop on later and will be sure to post my feedback here.

PS: Just to clarify, is FF Survival to be played on Heroic?

Do you guys notice the lag in matchmaking firefight when playing online with other people? like a 1 - 2 second delay in actions? Is there a way to fix this?

> Do you guys notice the lag in matchmaking firefight when playing online with other people? like a 1 - 2 second delay in actions? Is there a way to fix this?

It’s Firefight Latency, it happens because what the host see’s in-game, needs to match up for everyone else, for example, in Multiplayer, if you throw a grenade at a body, the body can go ANY direction, however, in Campaign and Firefight, it needs to go into the same place for EVERY person in the game, this is all controlled and run through the host’ connection, if the host has a bad connection, you will all suffer for it.

However, if you experience this commonly, it is most likely your connection and I advise you contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and ask for an upgrade to avoid it from happening as often, also if not already, switch to a Ethernet connection to Xbox LIVE and not wireless.

> Managed to persuade myself to read the whole topic and I have to say, I am impressed, I agree with pretty much everything you have posted but Huntercaust, not so much, you say people would want it to practise and be able to take it into Campaign and harder FF Missions, what is stopping people from doing this in Custom Firefight already?

Exactly. There’s too much crap in Score Attack, and it’s impossible to get what you want all the time because of the BS voting system. They should be able to rig it somehow so you can vote on a map and game type separately. Might help.

> Sorry, firefight arcade most likely won’t be removed because of the large population that it has out of all the current firefight playlists.

In the general sense I would agree with you that it’s a hard sell to remove a popular playlist, however, I’ve listed my reasoning in the OP - do you think these are bad reasons?

If people want the gametype, they can still have it, if people want the credits, they can still get those too.

> > Sorry, firefight arcade most likely won’t be removed because of the large population that it has out of all the current firefight playlists.
>
> In the general sense I would agree with you that it’s a hard sell to remove a popular playlist, however, I’ve listed my reasoning in the OP - do you think these are bad reasons?
>
> If people want the gametype, they can still have it, if people want the credits, they can still get those too.

I routinely play with 3-4 people and we only play Arcade or Sniperfight. I refuse to vote sniper just on principle. I pick the sniper in arcade anyway, but I swap the DMR for a more useful backup. I have over 160,000 sniper kills in FF and you don’t see me whining about people with rockets and fuel rods taking my kills.

> HUNTERCAUST IS TOO CLOSE TO “-Yoink!-”.

Well thats intentional… literally it means ‘burnt hunter’

If there is an issue with it, how about ‘Huntaclysm’ or ‘Hunterclysm’? I’m trying to stick with the ‘apocalyptic’ theme for the names.

> > > Sorry, firefight arcade most likely won’t be removed because of the large population that it has out of all the current firefight playlists.
> >
> > In the general sense I would agree with you that it’s a hard sell to remove a popular playlist, however, I’ve listed my reasoning in the OP - do you think these are bad reasons?
> >
> > If people want the gametype, they can still have it, if people want the credits, they can still get those too.
>
> I routinely play with 3-4 people and we only play Arcade or Sniperfight. I refuse to vote sniper just on principle. I pick the sniper in arcade anyway, but I swap the DMR for a more useful backup. I have over 160,000 sniper kills in FF and you don’t see me whining about people with rockets and fuel rods taking my kills.

Because you play in a party with your friends. But what about the randoms who are “SHOOTY SHOOTY BANG BANG” power weapon fans.

> > > Sorry, firefight arcade most likely won’t be removed because of the large population that it has out of all the current firefight playlists.
> >
> > In the general sense I would agree with you that it’s a hard sell to remove a popular playlist, however, I’ve listed my reasoning in the OP - do you think these are bad reasons?
> >
> > If people want the gametype, they can still have it, if people want the credits, they can still get those too.
>
> I routinely play with 3-4 people and we only play Arcade or Sniperfight. I refuse to vote sniper just on principle. I pick the sniper in arcade anyway, but I swap the DMR for a more useful backup. I have over 160,000 sniper kills in FF and you don’t see me whining about people with rockets and fuel rods taking my kills.

Wait, how is that a reply to what you quoted? In any case, the idea that “It doesn’t bother me, so it shouldn’t bother anyone else either” doesn’t really fly.

If you’re playing with friends, you could still get 4p Arcade Fight in Anniversary.

> (I’m busy trying to grind for my last 150 vehicles for Grounded so I’m just throwing this together quickly)

Did you read my whole post? I know its long, but half of what you’re suggesting I’ve already done.

> Arcade could also do with Infinite AAs

Like this one. Try out my arcade fight gametype!

> Only 1 is necessary.

Wave Survival is partially an experiment, and is very different.

> Either you’re playing survival or you’re playing arcade. If you come to firefight, come to play. Fix the credit payouts so people actually have to work to get credits.

If you lump the 4p Survival gametypes and a 4p arcade gametype into the same list, the arcade gametype is going to get voted for nearly every time because it offers more credits faster - we already saw this when it was one list.

It’s time for Arcade to go since, with the playlist cap, it’s blocking the existence of Survival and it’s better in 2p anyway: one of my fondest FF memories was 2p Sniperfight on Holdout with my GF.

> NO time limit. NO set limit. Like ODST.

I don’t think this is a realistic proposition:

  1. Players need to know how long they’re signing up for - otherwise there is more quitting, more frustration.
  2. Difficulty plateaus after the 3rd set (at best) and skulls reset and repeat after the 3rd set. IF FF kept increasing in difficulty, and ramped up a bit faster, I could see this, but it doesn’t so we can’t have people going on 10 hour games!

> * Vehicle drops - We need vehicle drops every wave in at least some game types. Would it be possible to only use dropships on the maps that the dropships actually bring vehicles? That would make the most sense. We don’t need them on Courtyard, Waterfront, Holdout, or Installation 04.

Don’t know to be honest. But I think I’m in favour of a specific, named gametype having consistent settings across maps anyway. Apart from Invasion I can’t really think of a precedent for map-specific gametypes.

> * Firefight loadouts - Why no laser loadout for ArcadeFight or a LaserFight? It’s like the least available weapon in firefight.

It’s already in my FF Survival gametype (IIRC?). It’s going into ‘Heavy Fight’ as well, and I could be persuaded to have it in Arcade Fight if you have a good loadout suggestion?

> * Skulls - Why is there never any change to the order the skulls are turned on? After nearly a year and a half, the Tough Luck skull is really getting old.

Well do you have any suggestions?

> Survival game type: Standard FF loadouts, ammo crates, weapon drops, limited lives (10-15), and dropships every wave. NO time limit. NO set limit!

Gets a bit yawn worthy I think, running back to the crate for ammo all the time. Try out my [FF Survival](http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=24685919&player=Ultimate RC) gametype - I personally think having to do without the ammo crate is quite liberating in terms of map movement: I was holding up on the bridge in Beachhead once!

> 2X Firefight game type: Full set, score attack loadouts, with the overshield and 2X damage. Weapon pickup enabled

Bleh, really? 2x is even easier than arcade! Unless you want it on Legendary with the mythic skull on? :stuck_out_tongue:

> Solo Firefight
> 1. Score Attack, 2X Score Attack, Survival

I did originally have Survival (on Normal) in Solo, but I felt there were getting to be too many gametypes :stuck_out_tongue:

If Doubles and Solo are a bit gametype heavy I’m open to suggestions on what to trim.

> 2. Riflefight, 45 minute time limit.

Probably a good idea actually - I do remember not managing to finish some times.