Fire fight or war zone in halo infinite

which one do you want to see in halo infinite me I want to see firefight come back since that was popular and warzone was trying it hardest to be firefight but failed in my opinion

I’d rather have something like Halo Reach’s Invasion over Firefight and Warzone personally. That was my favorite game type and I spent many hours playing it. Now imagine both sides actually having bots assisting in the defense or assault of the objective. The Covenant getting Grunts or Jackals and the UNSC getting marines or ODST’s.

Sadly it is unlikely Invasion will ever return as without the Elites being playable. It just won’t be the same, and so in regards to your question. I’d choose Firefight over Warzone until it gets a complete overhaul. Gonna need to remove the one use cards probably entirely and at the very least alternate objectives instead of just base capture.

Halo reach style firefight. Besides campaign i played tons of firefight years ago.

> 2533274866586671;2:
> I’d rather have something like Halo Reach’s Invasion over Firefight and Warzone personally. That was my favorite game type and I spent many hours playing it. Now imagine both sides actually having bots assisting in the defense or assault of the objective. The Covenant getting Grunts or Jackals and the UNSC getting marines or ODST’s.
>
> Sadly it is unlikely Invasion will ever return as without the Elites being playable. It just won’t be the same, and so in regards to your question. I’d choose Firefight over Warzone until it gets a complete overhaul. Gonna need to remove the one use cards probably entirely and at the very least alternate objectives instead of just base capture.

I mean if 343i do bring back firefight I hope they don’t make it like war zone because I seen videos of warzone e and it’s stupid I get that 343i was trying something different but still the fans love firefight including me when it was first introduced in odst and brought back in reach

This forum is for discussing the story and lore of the Halo franchise, not gameplay. This topic should have been posted in the Halo Infinite forum.

Firefight all the way! Traditional ODST wave based Firefight. All the game needs is a killer campaign, solid multiplayer, firefight and Spartan Ops.

> 2533275016871867;4:
> > 2533274866586671;2:
> > I’d rather have something like Halo Reach’s Invasion over Firefight and Warzone personally. That was my favorite game type and I spent many hours playing it. Now imagine both sides actually having bots assisting in the defense or assault of the objective. The Covenant getting Grunts or Jackals and the UNSC getting marines or ODST’s.
> >
> > Sadly it is unlikely Invasion will ever return as without the Elites being playable. It just won’t be the same, and so in regards to your question. I’d choose Firefight over Warzone until it gets a complete overhaul. Gonna need to remove the one use cards probably entirely and at the very least alternate objectives instead of just base capture.
>
> I mean if 343i do bring back firefight I hope they don’t make it like war zone because I seen videos of warzone e and it’s stupid I get that 343i was trying something different but still the fans love firefight including me when it was first introduced in odst and brought back in reach

Firefight was certainly a fun and very annoying gametype when my friends and I were going for the vidmaster achievements back then to get the Recon Armor in Halo 3 and those were fun times. Repeatedly losing a member because of connection issues as much as Firefight annoyed me in ODST. I actually enjoyed Halo 3 ODST’s Firefight as well ODST’s instead of as Spartan-III’s from Halo Reach.

I’d personally like to see Firefight return but instead of being the same rehash of ODST’s or even Reach’s Firefight. I would like 343i to mix it up a little bit by maybe also adding objectives instead of simply survive (x) round of enemies with (x) abilities or difficulty. One objective that comes to mind is the Generator Defense we played in the Halo Reach Beta years ago.

That was a fun gametype and while I don’t remember seeing it again when Halo Reach was released. I feel a match of Firefight where a four man team of Spartan-IV’s or even ODST’s again actually defending generators or something similar would be a refreshing experience in Firefight. I know not everyone would agree though and would like traditional Firefight back, but I can respect that.

Gotta be Firefight. It’s the most baffling exemption to every single 343i-made Halo game to date. It’s not as though the mode was maligned or unpopular, even if people constantly argue over whether ODST or Reach did it better. It was a new but established part of Halo, and exempting it from Halo 4 in favor of the strange expiriment that was Spartan Ops was a terrible shame in my book. I’d have spent a lot more time playing around in H4’s sandbox if that game had a real Firefight mode. Ditto for Guardians. WZ Firefight isn’t an atrocity, it’s plenty of fun in terms of a massive multi-player online arcade mode. But Firefight proper represents something very different: it’s a mode where you just get to play around with every element the game’s sandbox has to offer, carte blanche, alone or with friends.

I’ve cited this fact on the forums before, but by the time Infinite comes out, it will have literally been a decade since a new Halo game has featured a Firefight mode. That’s a serious shame to me, since (again) no one I know ever asked for the removal or replacement of this mode.

I’d like to see Firefight return. Warzone was ok but for me I felt like it was poorly balanced in so many different ways.
If Warzone did return then it would need a serious overhaul since at times it felt like it was a mix of pay to win and luck while normal Odst Firefight was challenging…though to be clear I wouldn’t want a return of Reach’s firefight since it wasn’t challenging and most games just ended up being boring ‘rocket-fest’ all the time.

Firefight without question. Warzone as it currently exists has precisely zero appeal to me as what is essentially “Halo 4: The Gametype” Loadouts? Check. Players summoning power weapons? Check. Affecting the design of Arena? Check. All of this makes Warzone a hard pass for me.

I’m all For Warzone I love Warzone how the maps are bigger and more vehicles and you can kill promethians and Covenant little bit of everything!!

You guys should look at my warzone post I posted
on my timeline my profile!!:smiley:

Definitely preferred Firefight (Reach’s version actually) because of the amount you could customize it and really it was just pure Halo fun.
Warzone was definitely an interesting experiment but was a little too held back by the fact it was built around being the focus of all MTX in the game. I believe there are ways to make this mode better if they ever wanted to bring it back.
Even though Spartan Ops wasn’t mentioned, that is another thing that could be brought back if made correctly and I’d welcome the addition of. Only if it was treated as an extra ‘campaign’ though.
Either way, Firefight should definitely be their focus.

I enjoyed FF, not so much WZ…I really feel like we should have weapons and vehicles from previous games brought into Infinite to replace the variants from Halo 5, and make some of those into unique killing machines in their own right. Include the simple wave-based killing from Reach, and have all weapons/vehicles unlocked in the REQ system from the get-go.

Firefight, without a doubt.