Finished product feels like a beta?

I think they should have taken a play out of blizzards playbook and had a longer beta so this wouldn’t be the finished product. I’m somewhat disappointed. The local/all units tend to be glitchy for me. Some games I don’t have a circle under my units . It’s hard to tell what units are mine when I can’t highlight them. I don’t like what they did with the pop up menu. You have to press B to cancel out of every menu in every building before I can use a different hotkey. HW1 was perfect in that respect. I could press left to my base and click a barracks and build a marine then click left to go to my next base and click a vehicle depot, build a tank and then click down to my units. Now I have to cancel out every single building and it slows me down. It’s very frustrating.

The buildings and bases aren’t anything special. It’s hard to tell the difference between buildings for me because I tend to move fast and just have to remember where I built the building. I did notice today they put the buildings names above them now so that’s a huge improvement but simply making the buildings look different and distinctive would have worked .

Also does anyone else feel it was faster and easier to move base to base and navigate what units you want to build in hw1 vs HW2? Even when I click my barracks and go to build a unit it feels a slight delay to get to that unit where as hw1 was fast. I also have one more complaint . When I hit all units and scroll thru my units with the RT there is a huge delay compared to hw1.

Im a huge halo fan and even more of an RTS fan. I have purchased at least 10-15 xboxs for friends and family. I own every halo game. My 5 yr old son has the Astro halo headset A50 and the halo controller. I also own an elite controller myself. I have spent thousands on Microsoft products . My point is as the consumer , I’m really tired of companies throwing garbage at us and expecting us to be happy.

You took 3 steps back 343 and I hope you patch and listen to consumer/fan base who actually provide your company with the profit margin that gives you a job.

Should have just had a closed beta for a few months and used feedback to make a great RTS for console.

I tend to agree on everything you just said, but I must say that storywise - this is for me a redemption from what dissapointment halo 5 was. They introduced the characters in a more likable way and the story was top noch. Thumbs up from me.

> 2535465539650739;2:
> I tend to agree on everything you just said, but I must say that storywise - this is for me a redemption from what dissapointment halo 5 was. They introduced the characters in a more likable way and the story was top noch. Thumbs up from me.

I haven’t finished the campaign yet but I’m pleased with it. Multiplayer is a mess . Lol

> 2743710844422030;1:
> I think they should have taken a play out of blizzards playbook and had a longer beta so this wouldn’t be the finished product. I’m somewhat disappointed. The local/all units tend to be glitchy for me. Some games I don’t have a circle under my units . It’s hard to tell what units are mine when I can’t highlight them. I don’t like what they did with the pop up menu. You have to press B to cancel out of every menu in every building before I can use a different hotkey. HW1 was perfect in that respect. I could press left to my base and click a barracks and build a marine then click left to go to my next base and click a vehicle depot, build a tank and then click down to my units. Now I have to cancel out every single building and it slows me down. It’s very frustrating.
>
> The buildings and bases aren’t anything special. It’s hard to tell the difference between buildings for me because I tend to move fast and just have to remember where I built the building. I did notice today they put the buildings names above them now so that’s a huge improvement but simply making the buildings look different and distinctive would have worked .
>
> Also does anyone else feel it was faster and easier to move base to base and navigate what units you want to build in hw1 vs HW2? Even when I click my barracks and go to build a unit it feels a slight delay to get to that unit where as hw1 was fast. I also have one more complaint . When I hit all units and scroll thru my units with the RT there is a huge delay compared to hw1.
>
> Im a huge halo fan and even more of an RTS fan. I have purchased at least 10-15 xboxs for friends and family. I own every halo game. My 5 yr old son has the Astro halo headset A50 and the halo controller. I also own an elite controller myself. I have spent thousands on Microsoft products . My point is as the consumer , I’m really tired of companies throwing garbage at us and expecting us to be happy.
>
> You took 3 steps back 343 and I hope you patch and listen to consumer/fan base who actually provide your company with the profit margin that gives you a job.
>
> Should have just had a closed beta for a few months and used feedback to make a great RTS for console.

Sounds like the pc version is a little worse than the console version in th controls department. I’ve had no problems while playing on Xbox.

> 2743710844422030;3:
> > 2535465539650739;2:
> > I tend to agree on everything you just said, but I must say that storywise - this is for me a redemption from what dissapointment halo 5 was. They introduced the characters in a more likable way and the story was top noch. Thumbs up from me.
>
> I haven’t finished the campaign yet but I’m pleased with it. Multiplayer is a mess . Lol

I agree, the campaign is fantastic very reminiscent of Halo CE,2 and 4 and some memories from 3 because of the ark. I’m hoping the patch a lot of these problems and maybe make a movement acceleration to get around faster without using the hot keys, also needs more maps but we’ll get those with the DLC.

> 2533274912849176;4:
> > 2743710844422030;1:
> > I think they should have taken a play out of blizzards playbook and had a longer beta so this wouldn’t be the finished product. I’m somewhat disappointed. The local/all units tend to be glitchy for me. Some games I don’t have a circle under my units . It’s hard to tell what units are mine when I can’t highlight them. I don’t like what they did with the pop up menu. You have to press B to cancel out of every menu in every building before I can use a different hotkey. HW1 was perfect in that respect. I could press left to my base and click a barracks and build a marine then click left to go to my next base and click a vehicle depot, build a tank and then click down to my units. Now I have to cancel out every single building and it slows me down. It’s very frustrating.
> >
> > The buildings and bases aren’t anything special. It’s hard to tell the difference between buildings for me because I tend to move fast and just have to remember where I built the building. I did notice today they put the buildings names above them now so that’s a huge improvement but simply making the buildings look different and distinctive would have worked .
> >
> > Also does anyone else feel it was faster and easier to move base to base and navigate what units you want to build in hw1 vs HW2? Even when I click my barracks and go to build a unit it feels a slight delay to get to that unit where as hw1 was fast. I also have one more complaint . When I hit all units and scroll thru my units with the RT there is a huge delay compared to hw1.
> >
> > Im a huge halo fan and even more of an RTS fan. I have purchased at least 10-15 xboxs for friends and family. I own every halo game. My 5 yr old son has the Astro halo headset A50 and the halo controller. I also own an elite controller myself. I have spent thousands on Microsoft products . My point is as the consumer , I’m really tired of companies throwing garbage at us and expecting us to be happy.
> >
> > You took 3 steps back 343 and I hope you patch and listen to consumer/fan base who actually provide your company with the profit margin that gives you a job.
> >
> > Should have just had a closed beta for a few months and used feedback to make a great RTS for console.
>
> Sounds like the pc version is a little worse than the console version in th controls department. I’ve had no problems while playing on Xbox.

I am playing on console . Play the original hw1 and the controls and menus are faster then HW2.

> 2743710844422030;1:
> I think they should have taken a play out of blizzards playbook and had a longer beta so this wouldn’t be the finished product. I’m somewhat disappointed. The local/all units tend to be glitchy for me. Some games I don’t have a circle under my units . It’s hard to tell what units are mine when I can’t highlight them. I don’t like what they did with the pop up menu. You have to press B to cancel out of every menu in every building before I can use a different hotkey. HW1 was perfect in that respect. I could press left to my base and click a barracks and build a marine then click left to go to my next base and click a vehicle depot, build a tank and then click down to my units. Now I have to cancel out every single building and it slows me down. It’s very frustrating.
>
> The buildings and bases aren’t anything special. It’s hard to tell the difference between buildings for me because I tend to move fast and just have to remember where I built the building. I did notice today they put the buildings names above them now so that’s a huge improvement but simply making the buildings look different and distinctive would have worked .
>
> Also does anyone else feel it was faster and easier to move base to base and navigate what units you want to build in hw1 vs HW2? Even when I click my barracks and go to build a unit it feels a slight delay to get to that unit where as hw1 was fast. I also have one more complaint . When I hit all units and scroll thru my units with the RT there is a huge delay compared to hw1.
>
> Im a huge halo fan and even more of an RTS fan. I have purchased at least 10-15 xboxs for friends and family. I own every halo game. My 5 yr old son has the Astro halo headset A50 and the halo controller. I also own an elite controller myself. I have spent thousands on Microsoft products . My point is as the consumer , I’m really tired of companies throwing garbage at us and expecting us to be happy.
>
> You took 3 steps back 343 and I hope you patch and listen to consumer/fan base who actually provide your company with the profit margin that gives you a job.
>
> Should have just had a closed beta for a few months and used feedback to make a great RTS for console.

I mean, I think the game is pretty good! The daily challenges are certainly fantastic, they make me get out and try new things, try new leaders, try gamemodes I wouldn’t otherwise. Its been fresh and fun so far and I haven’t even tried the campaign! The game as of now is worth a good 50 for me, the other half of the $100 I spent though is waiting to be achieved, hahahaha!

> 2533275013567761;7:
> > 2743710844422030;1:
> > I think they should have taken a play out of blizzards playbook and had a longer beta so this wouldn’t be the finished product. I’m somewhat disappointed. The local/all units tend to be glitchy for me. Some games I don’t have a circle under my units . It’s hard to tell what units are mine when I can’t highlight them. I don’t like what they did with the pop up menu. You have to press B to cancel out of every menu in every building before I can use a different hotkey. HW1 was perfect in that respect. I could press left to my base and click a barracks and build a marine then click left to go to my next base and click a vehicle depot, build a tank and then click down to my units. Now I have to cancel out every single building and it slows me down. It’s very frustrating.
> >
> > The buildings and bases aren’t anything special. It’s hard to tell the difference between buildings for me because I tend to move fast and just have to remember where I built the building. I did notice today they put the buildings names above them now so that’s a huge improvement but simply making the buildings look different and distinctive would have worked .
> >
> > Also does anyone else feel it was faster and easier to move base to base and navigate what units you want to build in hw1 vs HW2? Even when I click my barracks and go to build a unit it feels a slight delay to get to that unit where as hw1 was fast. I also have one more complaint . When I hit all units and scroll thru my units with the RT there is a huge delay compared to hw1.
> >
> > Im a huge halo fan and even more of an RTS fan. I have purchased at least 10-15 xboxs for friends and family. I own every halo game. My 5 yr old son has the Astro halo headset A50 and the halo controller. I also own an elite controller myself. I have spent thousands on Microsoft products . My point is as the consumer , I’m really tired of companies throwing garbage at us and expecting us to be happy.
> >
> > You took 3 steps back 343 and I hope you patch and listen to consumer/fan base who actually provide your company with the profit margin that gives you a job.
> >
> > Should have just had a closed beta for a few months and used feedback to make a great RTS for console.
>
> I mean, I think the game is pretty good! The daily challenges are certainly fantastic, they make me get out and try new things, try new leaders, try gamemodes I wouldn’t otherwise. Its been fresh and fun so far and I haven’t even tried the campaign! The game as of now is worth a good 50 for me, the other half of the $100 I spent though is waiting to be achieved, hahahaha!

Wow you have done exactly the opposite as what I have done. I have played the campaign extensively, haven’t even touched multiplayer yet. XD

Outside of the unfixed bugs from the beta and the horrible connection issues, I disliked a few things like the limited unit upgrades (half the units don’t upgrade), removal of HW1 units and addition without any explanation of new units, maps scale down if there’s less people (3v3 map is tiny when made 2v2 or 1v1), population is tiny as well.

I can’t fathom how on a system that’s supposed to have far more power has the same army size as HW1 with just as tiny of maps and less content. Especially considering there’s more issues on the PC that’s even more powerful than the Xbox One.

> 2533274816232010;9:
> Outside of the unfixed bugs from the beta and the horrible connection issues, I disliked a few things like the limited unit upgrades (half the units don’t upgrade), removal of HW1 units and addition without any explanation of new units, maps scale down if there’s less people (3v3 map is tiny when made 2v2 or 1v1), population is tiny as well.
>
> I can’t fathom how on a system that’s supposed to have far more power has the same army size as HW1 with just as tiny of maps and less content. Especially considering there’s more issues on the PC that’s even more powerful than the Xbox One.

Units only don’t upgrade at all in the campaign, and even then towards the end you get more upgrades, they’re lacking but almost all units have at least one upgrade.

> 2533275035781111;10:
> > 2533274816232010;9:
> > Outside of the unfixed bugs from the beta and the horrible connection issues, I disliked a few things like the limited unit upgrades (half the units don’t upgrade), removal of HW1 units and addition without any explanation of new units, maps scale down if there’s less people (3v3 map is tiny when made 2v2 or 1v1), population is tiny as well.
> >
> > I can’t fathom how on a system that’s supposed to have far more power has the same army size as HW1 with just as tiny of maps and less content. Especially considering there’s more issues on the PC that’s even more powerful than the Xbox One.
>
> Units only don’t upgrade at all in the campaign, and even then towards the end you get more upgrades, they’re lacking but almost all units have at least one upgrade.

Well I exaggerated, but it’s still the case that many don’t have upgrades at all and those that do have very little (sometimes just 1). =P