Finish the Game: The Halo Campaign Club

I’m trying this again as it didn’t get the attention it deserved. So here it is, back on the scene once again.

The great thing about Halo is it’s not just a game you play and say, “Boy that’s boring” and never go back to. It’s a game where you play it again and again, and it never gets boring. On Halo Rings or just plainly on Earth, you get to experience the Story firsthand other than just going back and forth in the Pacman maze. Whether you play for fun or stay for the story, the Halothon will get you playing the classics and playing with others in the community. In the Halothon, I hope to make this a place where you can discuss certain times in the game you had fun in and would do again. Like the Book Club, if I’m able to I’ll invite to the thread Bungie Employees/Rooster Teeth and maybe many more to discuss the game with the community here, but I’m not making any promises as some may be very busy at the time. But for the meantime, I invite you to do the Halothon for adventure, fun, and making new friends.

Current selection: Halo: 2
Assigned:Thursday 21st April
Recommended completion date: May 25th, 2011
Discussion opens: Monday 25th April

The rules are the same as the Book Club, but I’ll put them here to so you don’t have to change threads all the time.

Rules

1. Participation is optional and open to all forum members.
  2. Standard forum rules apply (brush up on the forum guidelines Here).
  3. Participants are expected to keep on discussion on-topic and relating to the Games unless specified otherwise.
  4. Please do not address your questions to 343 Industries or any Guest but instead direct them to fellow Halothon participants.

*While the Halothon is not intended to be a place to ask 343 Industries specific questions, it will provide a structured, friendly environment for those interested in participating in spirited, game-related discussion with fellow fans. This post willl be updated regularly and will always house the most current information.

So, it’s like the Book Club but the focus is on the campaign portion of the games? Sounds pretty cool if I’m understanding it correctly!

> So, it’s like the Book Club but the focus is on the campaign portion of the games? Sounds pretty cool if I’m understanding it correctly!

That’s it its the book club but the focus is campaign.

Still need to get my new 360 for that!

What shall we discuss first?

This is super cool! Can’t wait to see how it goes :slight_smile:

Sounds cool!

Don’t mind this post it was for the Old Halo CE thread.

I’m trying this again to see how it goes. If it doesn’t get enough attention I’ll let this go.

So here it is again the Halothon. We’ll start with Halo CE again just to get it straight so get playing folks.

Alright, I’m down to replay CE. Is there a timeline for discussion?

I will put the discussion up tomorrow since Its been two days.

Sweet! I get to go through Halo 1 again. :smiley:

I need a weapon.

So am I right in that in this Campaign Club… you specify some good ol’ Campaign to play and then we discuss it? Or did I misread your post?

> So am I right in that in this Campaign Club… you specify some good ol’ Campaign to play and then we discuss it? Or did I misread your post?

That’s right. If you never noticed I made a thread called halothon halo CE. I will link it when I get on my computer. (Using phone at the moment)

In that case… cool! I’m in…

If you want to discuss Halo CE post in link below.
Halothon Halo CE

If you want to discuss what we should discuss next post in this thread.

Is it just me or does nobody want to talk about the original Halo CE, it kinda makes me sad. Fine I’ll move on to Halo 2 on Monday if nobody posts in the Halo CE thread.

> Is it just me or does nobody want to talk about the original Halo CE, it kinda makes me sad. Fine I’ll move on to Halo 2 on Monday if nobody posts in the Halo CE thread.

To be honest, I’m waiting for Halo CE to re re-released for the xbox 360, so it’s an actually update with new graphics - and not an emulation.

Just Issued Halo 2 guy’s, get playing and I’ll open the discussion on Monday.

PS. Sorry for the wait. Had stuff to do, won’t happen again.

> Is it just me or does nobody want to talk about the original Halo CE, it kinda makes me sad. Fine I’ll move on to Halo 2 on Monday if nobody posts in the Halo CE thread.

I’ve talked about it for years that to do so blurs them to the point where I don’t know where or when I am. I’d love a remake.