Finding Warzone Games

I really don’t understand why it is so difficult for me to find games consistently. When I first open the game I will get a game almost straight away. Then that’s it. After I will continuously get unable to match. I look at all the players Xbox profile from the previous game and they are in new Warzone games based on their current activity. I can see there are multiple games happening so my question is why am I not able to find a game??? Is it because I am in the UK?? Because I’m solo searching?? MMR?? I have no idea.

> 2535461315501594;1:
> Is it because I am in the UK?? Because I’m solo searching?? MMR?? I have no idea.

I believe it’s probably a mixture of all of the above. Also depends WHEN you’re searching it. Time zones play a decent factor in the current population of the game.

As someone who’s also based in the UK I basically gave up trying to play Warzone as a solo player. I find it way easier to find matches with a Fireteam of a similar skill level.

I think the MMR aspect definitely plays a HUGE factor. If people around your skill level aren’t playing then you’re going to find it harder to get into a lobby as the game typically won’t match you against people who have a huge skill gap difference. Obviously there are cases when that happens too.

If you can try find a fireteam to play with you may have better luck as your MMR will average out across the Fireteam which generally makes it easier to find matches. Unless you’re all super god tier players then you might still have problems.

I talk from personal experience of course. Others might have different suggestions but from what I’ve seen and tried what I’ve mentioned above has always seemed to play a factor.

solo searching is not a good idea. me and my company play a lot of warzone and serching on your own doesn’t work

> 2535456459604699;3:
> solo searching is not a good idea. me and my company play a lot of warzone and serching on your own doesn’t work

Yeah I think you are right, seems solo searching is pointless these days.

> 2533274865778947;2:
> > 2535461315501594;1:
> > Is it because I am in the UK?? Because I’m solo searching?? MMR?? I have no idea.
>
> I believe it’s probably a mixture of all of the above. Also depends WHEN you’re searching it. Time zones play a decent factor in the current population of the game.
>
> As someone who’s also based in the UK I basically gave up trying to play Warzone as a solo player. I find it way easier to find matches with a Fireteam of a similar skill level.
>
> I think the MMR aspect definitely plays a HUGE factor. If people around your skill level aren’t playing then you’re going to find it harder to get into a lobby as the game typically won’t match you against people who have a huge skill gap difference. Obviously there are cases when that happens too.
>
> If you can try find a fireteam to play with you may have better luck as your MMR will average out across the Fireteam which generally makes it easier to find matches. Unless you’re all super god tier players then you might still have problems.
>
> I talk from personal experience of course. Others might have different suggestions but from what I’ve seen and tried what I’ve mentioned above has always seemed to play a factor.

What UK times do you most often find games when in a fireteam?

I also Always have this problem Ive tried playing at different times but it mainly seems to be the same no matter what… I’ll get in a few random games at the start then it just drops… like Thanos gone done his snap… and then i cant find a Anyone… will take 30min+ If Ever to find warzone i assumed it cuz im a solo player but when it happens it for/in most gametypes in social and ranked as well including FFA so i dunno i think its a UK thing…

So you leave during the intermission? I think if you play a whole game out, you are almost always going to get into another game. The reason l believe you get in, is that you are taking another spot when they leave during intermission. Just my two cents, always seems personally to take longer when I leave the lobby to the main screen.

> 2535406939316139;6:
> So you leave during the intermission? I think if you play a whole game out, you are almost always going to get into another game. The reason l believe you get in, is that you are taking another spot when they leave during intermission. Just my two cents, always seems personally to take longer when I leave the lobby to the main screen.

Nope I play a full game from start to finish and stay in the lobby after and then will get “unable to match” over and over while other players from the previous lobby are in multiple new games.
Even tonight I tried with a fireteam of 8 players and couldn’t find a single game. Eventually 6 players from the fireteam left and then we suddenly got one game then back to nothing. Doesn’t make any sense.

> 2535461315501594;7:
> > 2535406939316139;6:
> > So you leave during the intermission? I think if you play a whole game out, you are almost always going to get into another game. The reason l believe you get in, is that you are taking another spot when they leave during intermission. Just my two cents, always seems personally to take longer when I leave the lobby to the main screen.
>
> Nope I play a full game from start to finish and stay in the lobby after and then will get “unable to match” over and over while other players from the previous lobby are in multiple new games.
> Even tonight I tried with a fireteam of 8 players and couldn’t find a single game. Eventually 6 players from the fireteam left and then we suddenly got one game then back to nothing. Doesn’t make any sense.

A fireteam of 8 players is a lot and I would think would be hard to match depending on your true rankings. Then again you can’t seem to get a game by yourself.

Have you checked to make sure you have an open NAT, how is the latency to both microsoft and to the Halo servers? I know for warzone firefight and firefight heroic, I can get a game anytime within minutes. I you can add me and if you see me online I’ll add you to my fireteam and play a few games.

I stopped trying to solo que Warzone a while ago. If you do get a game, most likely a clan is in the middle of putting on a clinic.

> 2535406939316139;8:
> > 2535461315501594;7:
> > > 2535406939316139;6:
> > > So you leave during the intermission? I think if you play a whole game out, you are almost always going to get into another game. The reason l believe you get in, is that you are taking another spot when they leave during intermission. Just my two cents, always seems personally to take longer when I leave the lobby to the main screen.
> >
> > Nope I play a full game from start to finish and stay in the lobby after and then will get “unable to match” over and over while other players from the previous lobby are in multiple new games.
> > Even tonight I tried with a fireteam of 8 players and couldn’t find a single game. Eventually 6 players from the fireteam left and then we suddenly got one game then back to nothing. Doesn’t make any sense.
>
> A fireteam of 8 players is a lot and I would think would be hard to match depending on your true rankings. Then again you can’t seem to get a game by yourself.
>
> Have you checked to make sure you have an open NAT, how is the latency to both microsoft and to the Halo servers? I know for warzone firefight and firefight heroic, I can get a game anytime within minutes. I you can add me and if you see me online I’ll add you to my fireteam and play a few games.

NAT is open and its definitely not my connection. Yeah Firefight I instantly get a game, the problem is regular Warzone.
Thanks for the offer, I’ve added you on Xbox and sent a message.
What timezone are you in?

> 2535461315501594;10:
> > 2535406939316139;8:
> > > 2535461315501594;7:
> > > > 2535406939316139;6:
> > > > So you leave during the intermission? I think if you play a whole game out, you are almost always going to get into another game. The reason l believe you get in, is that you are taking another spot when they leave during intermission. Just my two cents, always seems personally to take longer when I leave the lobby to the main screen.
> > >
> > > Nope I play a full game from start to finish and stay in the lobby after and then will get “unable to match” over and over while other players from the previous lobby are in multiple new games.
> > > Even tonight I tried with a fireteam of 8 players and couldn’t find a single game. Eventually 6 players from the fireteam left and then we suddenly got one game then back to nothing. Doesn’t make any sense.
> >
> > A fireteam of 8 players is a lot and I would think would be hard to match depending on your true rankings. Then again you can’t seem to get a game by yourself.
> >
> > Have you checked to make sure you have an open NAT, how is the latency to both microsoft and to the Halo servers? I know for warzone firefight and firefight heroic, I can get a game anytime within minutes. I you can add me and if you see me online I’ll add you to my fireteam and play a few games.
>
> NAT is open and its definitely not my connection. Yeah Firefight I instantly get a game, the problem is regular Warzone.
> Thanks for the offer, I’ve added you on Xbox and sent a message.
> What timezone are you in?

It is not only you. There are tons of players who can’t get games searching solo because of Menke’s stupid matchmaking system. There are players with great connections who search solo and can’t get games. A couple of weekends ago I searched Warzone for 5 consecutive timeouts solo. Then joined a team of 6 and found an instant match. What a stupid matchmaking system with a less than healthy population.

> 2535417897791132;11:
> > 2535461315501594;10:
> > > 2535406939316139;8:
> > > > 2535461315501594;7:
> > > > > 2535406939316139;6:
> > > > > So you leave during the intermission? I think if you play a whole game out, you are almost always going to get into another game. The reason l believe you get in, is that you are taking another spot when they leave during intermission. Just my two cents, always seems personally to take longer when I leave the lobby to the main screen.
> > > >
> > > > Nope I play a full game from start to finish and stay in the lobby after and then will get “unable to match” over and over while other players from the previous lobby are in multiple new games.
> > > > Even tonight I tried with a fireteam of 8 players and couldn’t find a single game. Eventually 6 players from the fireteam left and then we suddenly got one game then back to nothing. Doesn’t make any sense.
> > >
> > > A fireteam of 8 players is a lot and I would think would be hard to match depending on your true rankings. Then again you can’t seem to get a game by yourself.
> > >
> > > Have you checked to make sure you have an open NAT, how is the latency to both microsoft and to the Halo servers? I know for warzone firefight and firefight heroic, I can get a game anytime within minutes. I you can add me and if you see me online I’ll add you to my fireteam and play a few games.
> >
> > NAT is open and its definitely not my connection. Yeah Firefight I instantly get a game, the problem is regular Warzone.
> > Thanks for the offer, I’ve added you on Xbox and sent a message.
> > What timezone are you in?
>
> It is not only you. There are tons of players who can’t get games searching solo because of Menke’s stupid matchmaking system. There are players with great connections who search solo and can’t get games. A couple of weekends ago I searched Warzone for 5 consecutive timeouts solo. Then joined a team of 6 and found an instant match. What a stupid matchmaking system with a less than healthy population.

Yep at this point in the game if there are any players willing to play this game mode just please let us play. It’s not like the system even remotely works at the moment.
Everyday without fail I get one match and then nothing after that. I would love to hear from 343 why this happens because it blows my mind how bad the system currently is for some players.

Here I am again sitting in a lobby with 6 other players. Got one game together and then straight after unable to find another until the lobby slowing quits…

> 2535456459604699;3:
> solo searching is not a good idea. me and my company play a lot of warzone and serching on your own doesn’t work

This is true

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2535461315501594;13:
> Here I am again sitting in a lobby with 6 other players. Got one game together and then straight after unable to find another until the lobby slowing quits…

Mhm. Warzone could be dead at times and then be alive randomly