FINALLY, WORKING DROP PODS ARE HERE!

I posted about this in the “Community Creations” forums originally, but oddly enough seems to have nobody on over there so I thought I would attack straight at the heart. Maybe I’m wrong?

Anyways, today, I finally have posted the Fully Working Drop Pods tutorial and all their glory. You can find the youtube link here (2016) WORKING DROP PODS IN HALO 5! - (PART 1) Halo 5 Forge/Script Tutorial - YouTube (Not sure how to make the links clickable, if anyone knows, please inform me.)

In short, we go in-depth and very much in detail on how you can make Drop Pods enterable and work for you without a hitch. If you want to visit the original post, you can find that here https://goo.gl/QR05tH (copy and paste link). I describe in more detail on that post my overall feelings and representation. If you have any questions, feel free to message me on XBL or ask here, or contact Raptor086 via XBL.

Thanks ODST’s, and remember, Feet First into Hell.
-MJ

UPDATE:
Hey guys! Got the update for my Drop pod map done. WHAT WAS FIXED? Simple:

• Made the Drop Pod Reset switch more obvious so players don’t require explanation on where it is located - Made a reset switch for the start of the match unnecessary with the help of a simple scripted Script Brain - Adjusted some scripts for simplification - Changed file location, best to download from Forgehub here (I almost have lazy links guys, hang on for a bit longer!):

> http://www.forgehub.com/maps/updated-working-odst-drop-pods-full-tutorial.2367/

If anybody else needs anything, let me know. I will continue to update what needs to be updated. Love you all!

Ohh my god. Dude, this is amazing. Your drop pod is seamless!

Edit: Lazy Link

You forge folk do amazing things lol. Congrats on making a really cool thing like this, you have a lot of talent.

> 2535455771499455;2:
> Ohh my god. Dude, this is amazing. Your drop pod is seamless!
>
> Edit: Lazy Link

Thanks! I tried to make it as perfect as possible. It was important to me that I actually did this. And finally, I can lay to rest.

Also how did you link?!!? How does one do that!?

> 2533274803493024;3:
> You forge folk do amazing things lol. Congrats on making a really cool thing like this, you have a lot of talent.

We forgin type are part of the heart of the community. We might as well be one or two of the valves keeping Halo alive. Thanks man for the feedback!

Amazing!

And to do links like the one the person above did, you have to hit the Marine rank in the forums, which is just 100 posts.
Then you can link as much as you need to.

This page explains the forum ranks
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/ranks

love it guys!!

Awesome! A gametype needs to be made using this! wow!

> 2533274814578995;5:
> Amazing!
>
> And to do links like the one the person above did, you have to hit the Marine rank in the forums, which is just 100 posts.
> Then you can link as much as you need to.
>
> This page explains the forum ranks
> https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/ranks

Thanks, long time comin’. That makes sense! I appreciate the post and update on that.

> 2533274811192667;6:
> love it guys!!

We love you!

> 2686075492039134;7:
> Awesome! A gametype needs to be made using this! wow!

I have an ODST gametype set in the works, but without Trait Zones, I still don’t have an effective way of making it fully functional. It will be released with my ODST Map Pack.

They should add this into Warzone!

Man now the community can re-create the drop pod scene from ODST

I don’t have time to watch it now, but I will later, this is something I need to learn!

> 2533274971565732;9:
> They should add this into Warzone!

They have it kinda in Warzone Assault. I mean it is implied we drop in but nothing really is seen but the Pods landing. What we need is actual cinematic or interactive Drop Pod Spawning. My favorite thing for this as a whole is the ARMA III mod called The Eridanus Insurrection. Allows you to play as an Inny, a Marine or an ODST. It is brilliant.

> 2535410755618980;10:
> Man now the community can re-create the drop pod scene from ODST

Yes indeed we can. Good time to be a halo fan!

AT LAST…my recreation of Operation TORPEDO CAN BE COMPLETED!

> 2533274830926790;11:
> I don’t have time to watch it now, but I will later, this is something I need to learn!

And it will be here for you when you return! Thanks for tuning in, man.

> 2533274907200114;13:
> AT LAST…my recreation of Operation TORPEDO CAN BE COMPLETED!

Yes! Thank you for allowing me to let your vision come true. Dream come true for the both of us, buddy!

Thats sweet, nicely done!

> 2535427951331251;16:
> Thats sweet, nicely done!

Thanks man!

It is guys like MJ Rookie that make the community come together and share amazing content.

> 2533274902088532;18:
> It is guys like MJ Rookie that make the community come together and share amazing content.

AWWWWWS thanks! And thank you for believing in me and the community. We don’t have to be torn apart and ripped to shambles. We can be so much more. Forgers like us… we are a big part of the heart of the community. Without us, this game would be just another shooter that washes away with time.

In the wise words of Ducain23, “Let’s Forge a New Halo~”

Wow, that’s incredible. I was proud of myself after making a state machine for a multi-floor elevator, but who needs an elevator when you have drop pods!! Very well done!