Finally! They are addressing clutter...

I had zero intentions on purchasing Black Ops2 until I read this article, and mainly for this exact quote.

“A perk should never be something you need just to compete. A perk is ‘I got a parking spot,’ or ‘the soda machine gave me free soda.’ Your life shouldn’t depend on it.”

This is exactly it, and it took the company/game that created such cluttered gaming experiences to be the first to recognize it needs to be cleaned up. I posted this here so maybe people will understand why so many of us have a problem with all the additions to Halo and how they are being implemented.

New isnt always better, and I hope that after this titles release 343 will understand why how the Halo series has become exactly what Treyarch is trying to address/fix with their game. The gaming experience will be cluttered, and very unbalanced.

P.S. They gave credit to the community for helping them recognize this as an issue. I feel eventually 343 will have to as well.

You do realize in Black Ops 2 I can have up to 10 perks at one time with the new Creat-A-Class system?

Sounds balanced alright

^LOOOL

seriously, play classic or stay on Halo 3. No one is making you buy Halo 4.

> You do realize in Black Ops 2 I can have up to 10 perks at one time with the new Creat-A-Class system?
>
> Sounds balanced alright

Yeah, and the most we can have is…what…two?

Changes to Call of Duty?

Haha that’s a good one!

Fine, go then. If a fan is so easily lead astray then maybe the community would be better off.

wait wait wait wait, CoD is actually trying to improve?!? uh…

but yea, he made a good point and i hope 343i hasn’t made a similar mistake although it appears that way.

> You do realize in Black Ops 2 I can have up to 10 perks at one time with the new Creat-A-Class system?
>
> Sounds balanced alright

I made a mistake. It is actually 6 perks but that doesn’t sound balanced either

> wait wait wait wait, CoD is actually trying to improve?!? uh…
>
> but yea, he made a good point and i hope 343i hasn’t made a similar mistake although it appears that way.

Your pessimism at every turn is quite grating. Cheer up buttercup, no need to be so glum chum.

Except that you don’t need “perks” (armor mods) to stay alive. When you’re facing someone that has armors mods and you don’t, you still stand a good chance. The only way they would have an advantage is indirectly. If you’re better then them you’re still going to win.

> wait wait wait wait, CoD is actually trying to improve?!? uh…

Shocking, I know.

I’m pretty sure that 2 incredibly minor perks won’t make h4 “cluttered” or “unbalanced” they are really just to fit your playstyle. I’m honestly tired of people comparing CoD to Halo thinking that if an element from CoD is put into Halo it will be just as bad as it was in CoD.

I’m pretty sure 343i know what they are doing especially cause they were working on this game for 3/4 years, while treyarch releases a new game every 2 years. 343i has much more time to fix things and make the gameplay as balanced as possible, please stop comparing Halo to CoD they are not the same, at all.

> > wait wait wait wait, CoD is actually trying to improve?!? uh…
> >
> > but yea, he made a good point and i hope 343i hasn’t made a similar mistake although it appears that way.
>
> Your pessimism at every turn is quite grating. Cheer up buttercup, no need to be so glum chum.

no reason to be so glum?

looks at halo 4 MP information

you were saying?

> I’m pretty sure that 2 incredibly minor perks won’t make h4 “cluttered” or “unbalanced” they are really just to fit your playstyle. I’m honestly tired of people comparing CoD to Halo thinking that if an element from CoD is put into Halo it will be just as bad as it was in CoD.
>
> I’m pretty sure 343i know what they are doing especially cause they were working on this game for 3/4 years, while treyarch releases a new game every 2 years. 343i has much more time to fix things and make the gameplay as balanced as possible, please stop comparing Halo to CoD they are not the same, at all.

You must be new and never played Halo Reach. Welcome to the community. They too also worked on that game for 3/4 years. Funny how it still wasnt good.

> > I’m pretty sure that 2 incredibly minor perks won’t make h4 “cluttered” or “unbalanced” they are really just to fit your playstyle. I’m honestly tired of people comparing CoD to Halo thinking that if an element from CoD is put into Halo it will be just as bad as it was in CoD.
> >
> > I’m pretty sure 343i know what they are doing especially cause they were working on this game for 3/4 years, while treyarch releases a new game every 2 years. 343i has much more time to fix things and make the gameplay as balanced as possible, please stop comparing Halo to CoD they are not the same, at all.
>
> You must be new and never played Halo Reach. Welcome to the community. They too also worked on that game for 3/4 years. Funny how it still wasnt good.

They didn’t develop it themselves but they did release a TU which it did improve gameplay to some extent and made Reach more playable for many players.

The funny thing is, this will probably make the CoD fans flip out. I assume most, if not all players, actually rely on their perks to do even remotely decent.

Nobody has actually read the Tactical packages and support upgrades have they?

These “perks” aren’t all that game changing they are a lot more subtle then what cod has. My biggest worry is grenadier + plasmas, but its not that big of a deal.

And a lot of people will use firepower so it really just turns into one mod, “perk”.

I’ve yet to see anything that gives you a crutch like the perks do in CoD. Even the AA’s have been toned down considerably.

> The funny thing is, this will probably make the CoD fans flip out. I assume most, if not all players, actually rely on their perks to do even remotely decent.

This, I’m pretty sure we won’t hear the end of this from the Call of Duty community.

> > > wait wait wait wait, CoD is actually trying to improve?!? uh…
> > >
> > > but yea, he made a good point and i hope 343i hasn’t made a similar mistake although it appears that way.
> >
> > Your pessimism at every turn is quite grating. Cheer up buttercup, no need to be so glum chum.
>
> no reason to be so glum?
>
> looks at halo 4 MP information
>
> you were saying?

So why keep hanging around? Personally I use campaign as a measuring stick for MP. So far no Halo with a solid campaign and more than 2 years in dev has had a disappointing MP. Seriously though man, you don’t have to be such a downer all the time, on every thread. There has to be something about the game your looking forward to or else you wouldn’t be here. Unless your just trolling at a constant.