Finally made ONYX!!!

Hello Halo Wars community!

I just got my placement matching in teams and I finally, FINALLY got Onyx placement! I’m very happy about it because I’ve always been placed in diamond ever since March, but not today!

I shouldn’t be bragging all about me, because my man, Warlord (<3) got me there. Like the best fisherman out there, he reeled in those pesky hero rushers with perfect precision and gutted them like fish. The after-battles were pretty decisive after that, but WOOT!

> 2533274813444880;1:
> Hello Halo Wars community!
>
> I just got my placement matching in teams and I finally, FINALLY got Onyx placement! I’m very happy about it because I’ve always been placed in diamond ever since March, but not today!
>
> I shouldn’t be bragging all about me, because my man, Warlord (<3) got me there. Like the best fisherman out there, he reeled in those pesky hero rushers with perfect precision and gutted them like fish. The after-battles were pretty decisive after that, but WOOT!

congrats. anything higher than onyx for you to aim for?

:ok_hand:

Onyx level teams are pretty good and Jerome heavy. Good luck out there. Add me if you’re ever short a teammate, if you’d like.

> 2533274810020307;2:
> > 2533274813444880;1:
> > Hello Halo Wars community!
> >
> > I just got my placement matching in teams and I finally, FINALLY got Onyx placement! I’m very happy about it because I’ve always been placed in diamond ever since March, but not today!
> >
> > I shouldn’t be bragging all about me, because my man, Warlord (<3) got me there. Like the best fisherman out there, he reeled in those pesky hero rushers with perfect precision and gutted them like fish. The after-battles were pretty decisive after that, but WOOT!
>
> congrats. anything higher than onyx for you to aim for?

The stars are the limit and a champion rank would be simply amazing, but I feel I’m going to need a good team from now on instead of randoms.

> 2533274813444880;5:
> > 2533274810020307;2:
> > > 2533274813444880;1:
> > > Hello Halo Wars community!
> > >
> > > I just got my placement matching in teams and I finally, FINALLY got Onyx placement! I’m very happy about it because I’ve always been placed in diamond ever since March, but not today!
> > >
> > > I shouldn’t be bragging all about me, because my man, Warlord (<3) got me there. Like the best fisherman out there, he reeled in those pesky hero rushers with perfect precision and gutted them like fish. The after-battles were pretty decisive after that, but WOOT!
> >
> > congrats. anything higher than onyx for you to aim for?
>
> The stars are the limit and a champion rank would be simply amazing, but I feel I’m going to need a good team from now on instead of randoms.

champion is the top tier right? and here i was all excited about my platinum rank in blitz and diamond rank in the beta. i’ve been too scared to play ranked to find out what my rank is. so i play team war/rumble/ai/blitz 3v3s.

> 2533274810020307;6:
> > 2533274813444880;5:
> > > 2533274810020307;2:
> > > > 2533274813444880;1:
> > > > Hello Halo Wars community!
> > > >
> > > > I just got my placement matching in teams and I finally, FINALLY got Onyx placement! I’m very happy about it because I’ve always been placed in diamond ever since March, but not today!
> > > >
> > > > I shouldn’t be bragging all about me, because my man, Warlord (<3) got me there. Like the best fisherman out there, he reeled in those pesky hero rushers with perfect precision and gutted them like fish. The after-battles were pretty decisive after that, but WOOT!
> > >
> > > congrats. anything higher than onyx for you to aim for?
> >
> > The stars are the limit and a champion rank would be simply amazing, but I feel I’m going to need a good team from now on instead of randoms.
>
> champion is the top tier right? and here i was all excited about my platinum rank in blitz and diamond rank in the beta. i’ve been too scared to play ranked to find out what my rank is. so i play team war/rumble/ai/blitz 3v3s.

lol how ya gonna know if ya good or not then?

> 2533274802858354;7:
> > 2533274810020307;6:
> > > 2533274813444880;5:
> > > > 2533274810020307;2:
> > > > > 2533274813444880;1:
> > > > > Hello Halo Wars community!
> > > > > I just got my placement matching in teams and I finally, FINALLY got Onyx placement! I’m very happy about it because I’ve always been placed in diamond ever since March, but not today!
> > > > > I shouldn’t be bragging all about me, because my man, Warlord (<3) got me there. Like the best fisherman out there, he reeled in those pesky hero rushers with perfect precision and gutted them like fish. The after-battles were pretty decisive after that, but WOOT!
> > > >
> > > > congrats. anything higher than onyx for you to aim for?
> > >
> > > The stars are the limit and a champion rank would be simply amazing, but I feel I’m going to need a good team from now on instead of randoms.
> >
> > champion is the top tier right? and here i was all excited about my platinum rank in blitz and diamond rank in the beta. i’ve been too scared to play ranked to find out what my rank is. so i play team war/rumble/ai/blitz 3v3s.
>
> lol how ya gonna know if ya good or not then?

im not. but if it’s anything like league of legends ranked mode im okay with that. not about to play a 3v3 or 2v2 and have my partners drop out at 10 minutes in because they can’t formulate a strategy and stick to it while adapting on the fly. 1v1’s might be fine, but i just feel like there are probably things i dont know about this game that the people who play 1v1’s do know and the only way i have to practice is against offline 1v1 skirmishes since there are no unranked 1v1’s. then there’s the fear and anxiety i have towards having a low rank and then at that very moment all of the tips and information i give become… well you’re only rank “___” so you dont know anything.

those things aggravate me too much for me to deal with it. it’s like… why can’t i be knowledgeable and just bad at execution?

Good job :clap: :trophy::beer::boom::wave:

Good job, I had same feeling last month. It was the first time I get any Onyx in a Halo game. I did Onix 1550. Which I was proud of.

There was a tournament here two days ago… Man, I couldn’t pass the first match of the tournament. I felt pretty bad. I needed to practice more, but no time.

Someone can tell me if I am right? The placement in any rank depends on the amount of players? For example if more “new-bad” players start playing and get bad placement, people with better skills like people has been playin day 1 get better ranking from the average?

Thanks!