finally got forrunner destroyer

hey guys i jus got the vanguard helmet but i do got to admit the forrunner commendation are a bit harsh and very time consuming as u can see i have well over 50k kills in s ops… not that i got vanguard watch 343 put a patch on its so its easy for everyone 2 get lol

Congrats dude. I am still working on getting this commendation finished. Gonna take a while for me.

> hey guys i jus got the vanguard helmet but i do got to admit the forrunner commendation are a bit harsh and very time consuming as u can see i have well over 50k kills in s ops… <mark>now that I got vanguard, watch 343 put a patch on it so it’s easy for everyone to get lol</mark>

If they were going to do that, they’d have done it by now.

And have patched Plasma Pistol Mastery (At least they have Forerunner SWAT for those who don’t use the Boltshot in their regular loadouts)
…And Mongoose Destroyer
…And Scorpion Destroyer

That aside, congratulations on your shiny new commendation and accompanying armor :slight_smile:

Crawler Snipers, man. Crawler Snipers.

I got mine finished around a week ago, so congratulations. I still think the armor sucks, but it’s one less thing to have to do, eh?

> Crawler Snipers, man. Crawler Snipers.
>
> I got mine finished around a week ago, so congratulations. I still think the armor sucks, but it’s one less thing to have to do, eh?

How does Vanguard suck?

> How does Vanguard suck?

Put simply, it’s boring and unremarkable. Like half the armor in Halo 4. I don’t even like the armor my character’s wearing, and it’s pretty much the only armor in the game I like.

So far as Vanguard goes, though, I’ll be specific.

The shoulders have absolutely nothing going for them. They look the same as Raider, EVA, and the Chief’s version of Mark VI. More or less every armor in the game has a “counterpart,” so to speak, but it’s a fairly uninteresting design that got used for multiple different armor sets. It’s literally a triangle. To be fair though, it’s at least better than Raider or EVA because it’s a little more protective… I think.

The chest falls under the same category. It’s like a beefier version of Recruit. I do like Vanguard better than most of the armor in the game, but again, there’s just nothing interesting about it.

The helmet’s definitely unique, but… All I hear when I look at it is “DECEPTICONS, TRANSFORM AND RISE UP!” It’s a Transformers helmet, for sure. Above all else though, I just don’t like the big “Eff-Me Light” in the center of the helmet. I know it’s supposed to be a camera, like Gungnir, but it’s just not visually appealing to me, nor is it practical combat-wise.

I’m not advocating you should stop wearing it. By all means, you unlocked it, enjoy it. I’m just one of those people who doesn’t like any of the armor in vanilla Halo 4. There’s a select few pieces I can tolerate, but there’s a lot of armor I just can’t stand. Half of it’s either extremely impractical, Sci-Fi to the point where it doesn’t fit in with Halo’s theme, or just plain lame.

As I said, enjoy your Vanguard. Don’t let me stop you. Just, next time you load up Halo 4, scroll through the different armors and maybe you’ll see what I mean about the helmet being the only part worth noting.

As for me, Tuesday marks the day where I finally get some armor I like.

Congrats dude! That was one of my goals early on. But it’s such a grind, more so than I had originally thought. I gave up awhile ago. Props to you for sticking through it. Definitely envious.

> Congrats dude! That was one of my goals early on. But it’s such a grind, more so than I had originally thought. I gave up awhile ago. Props to you for sticking through it. Definitely envious.

It does require a lot of grinding. But it’s well worth it :slight_smile:

Nice work! Blasting through the snipers again and again must have been time-consuming.

I’m gonna try and get this commendation, eventually… but I have to kill literally over a thousand Crawler Snipers to get it. That commendation is bloody ridiculous, considering there aren’t that many Crawler Snipers across all 50 episodes of Spartan Ops.

I want the emblem more than the armor; I hope to use it for my Canon take on Fireteam Lancer, give them unique colors and emblem like Majestic.

Speaking of, why is it that only Majestic (and I suppose Crimson) get their own unique colors and emblems? Lancer, Kodiak, Switchback, Mountain, and Forest all where the same generic black Recruit armor as in the Campaign. I don’t get it…

Awesome! I’m still working on Covenant Destroyer I think

Edit: 160 Jackal Majors to go

Hey look i finished expert how many do i need to take down now uh 500 well this will be fun. These commendations are a litle but high for me atleast.