Finally got back to H4

I was grounded for a while so all I could use was my computer while I wasn’t alowd to use my xbox, so eventually I forgot about Halo in general for about 2 weeks. Finally played again today after coming back from paint ball and I cannot believe how much fun I was having. I was hooked again, and I just couldn’t stop. My k/d went up by 0.01 so I was happy, I won a couple, had good teammates, used the Ar, didn’t mind the DMR while playing some Majestic DLC.

I fail to see how people could bag on this game.

Keep in mind the majority of players probably don’t also visit the forums. Not everyone hates halo 4. The guys on here looove to complain. A lot of them have some legitimate complaints. But its still a whinefest…

> Keep in mind the majority of players probably don’t also visit the forums. Not everyone hates halo 4. The guys on here looove to complain. A lot of them have some legitimate complaints. But its still a whinefest…

U gotta luva da futbol!

But, yes what futbol said!

I came back online after around 40 days or so then played my xbox (but mostly halo 4) for some hours…now my xbox is unplugged.

> Keep in mind the majority of players probably don’t also visit the forums. Not everyone hates halo 4. The guys on here looove to complain. A lot of them have some legitimate complaints. But its still a whinefest…

Have you seen the daily populations? Its not just the people on the forums, its everyone. When 90% of a games population abandons a game, theres clearly something wrong. Saying these people are “just whining” is terrible generalization and just plain ignorant.

Heres a chart for the daily populations:

http://halocharts.com/2012/chart/dailypeakpopulation/all

Keep in mind, Halo 3 kept 200k+ daily unique users for 2 or 3 years easily. 343 really bungled this one up.

> > Keep in mind the majority of players probably don’t also visit the forums. Not everyone hates halo 4. The guys on here looove to complain. A lot of them have some legitimate complaints. But its still a whinefest…
>
> Have you seen the daily populations? Its not just the people on the forums, its everyone. When 90% of a games population abandons a game, theres clearly something wrong. Saying these people are “just whining” is terrible generalization and just plain ignorant.
>
> Heres a chart for the daily populations:
>
> http://halocharts.com/2012/chart/dailypeakpopulation/all
>
> Keep in mind, Halo 3 kept 200k+ daily unique users for 2 or 3 years easily. 343 really bungled this one up.

I DID say a lot of the complaints are legitimate. Just that there is a LOT of whining. Which is true even if you are too sensitive to call it whining. Whining about stuff that truly is bad… but still whining and complaining. And no the majority of players probably don’t visit the forums. As for my main two points, both are technically correct. Thank you and good day

> > Keep in mind the majority of players probably don’t also visit the forums. Not everyone hates halo 4. The guys on here looove to complain. A lot of them have some legitimate complaints. But its still a whinefest…
>
> Have you seen the daily populations? Its not just the people on the forums, its everyone. When 90% of a games population abandons a game, theres clearly something wrong. Saying these people are “just whining” is terrible generalization and just plain ignorant.
>
>
>
> Keep in mind, Halo 3 kept 200k+ daily unique users for 2 or 3 years easily. 343 really bungled this one up.

varied, numerous, and serious competition
the fact that halo has been going for 11 years and people are getting burnt out on it
nostalgic neanderthals

these are reasons for what you speak. it’s just a loud group of whiners who have hijacked the discussion and made into the “skill gap/randomness/visible-rank” bs.

>
>
>
>

Please stop using the Peak Pop as the “Total number of people playing the game”.

That’s just the point at which the numbers were the highest at one given time, not how many individual people played throughout a certain day. It could be 80 to 100,000 people playing the game, but you read 30K.

Are you guys saying Halo 4 is a great game?

No. Just no.

The campaign is ok and the multiplayer is awful. This game just isn’t fun cause it caters towards the casual players leaving the competitive players heavily disappointed.

> Are you guys saying Halo 4 is a great game?
>
> No. Just no.
>
> The campaign is ok and the multiplayer is awful. <mark>This game just isn’t fun cause it caters towards the casual players leaving the competitive players heavily disappointed.</mark>

Funny that’s mostly why I find it fun. But it shouldn’t be one or the other, it should be a nice balance. But returning the game to Classic Halo only caters to the Competitive people, which is what most of you don’t see or don’t care about.

Halo 4 is not a GREAT game, but is a pretty good game.

It could be balanced out a bit, but for the most part the game’s structure is sound.

> > Are you guys saying Halo 4 is a great game?
> >
> > No. Just no.
> >
> > The campaign is ok and the multiplayer is awful. <mark>This game just isn’t fun cause it caters towards the casual players leaving the competitive players heavily disappointed.</mark>
>
> Funny that’s mostly why I find it fun. But it shouldn’t be one or the other, it should be a nice balance. But returning the game to Classic Halo only caters to the Competitive people, which is what most of you don’t see or don’t care about.
>
> Halo 4 is not a GREAT game, but is a pretty good game.
>
> It could be balanced out a bit, but for the most part the game’s structure is sound.

1. You can change the parameters on the charts to see daily populations.

Also, Changing the game back to a more classic Halo format, like Halo 3, does not only cater to competitive players. Are you dense? Did you ever play another Halo game? Halo 3 had and still has separate playlists for ranked and social games. Players can choose which one to go to, it is NOT one or the other. Seriously, whats so hard to understand about that? Why can’t this be done in Halo 4?

Thats all people are asking for. Those of us asking for ranked gametypes and more competitive gameplay aren’t saying do away with social entirely, just create something for us. And that is what 343 and players like you seem to not get.

> > > Are you guys saying Halo 4 is a great game?
> > >
> > > No. Just no.
> > >
> > > The campaign is ok and the multiplayer is awful. <mark>This game just isn’t fun cause it caters towards the casual players leaving the competitive players heavily disappointed.</mark>
> >
> > Funny that’s mostly why I find it fun. But it shouldn’t be one or the other, it should be a nice balance. But returning the game to Classic Halo only caters to the Competitive people, which is what most of you don’t see or don’t care about.
> >
> > Halo 4 is not a GREAT game, but is a pretty good game.
> >
> > It could be balanced out a bit, but for the most part the game’s structure is sound.
>
> 1. You can change the parameters on the charts to see daily populations.
>
> Also, Changing the game back to a more classic Halo format, like Halo 3, does not only cater to competitive players. Are you dense? Did you ever play another Halo game? Halo 3 had and still has separate playlists for ranked and social games. Players can choose which one to go to, it is NOT one or the other. Seriously, whats so hard to understand about that? Why can’t this be done in Halo 4?
>
> Thats all people are asking for. Those of us asking for ranked gametypes and more competitive gameplay aren’t saying do away with social entirely, just create something for us. And that is what 343 and players like you seem to not get.

Oh I get it.

What I don’t get is all the people who claim how horrible of a game this is and say that we’re stupid for enjoying it, or noobs, or how its all our fault this game isn’t what you want.

And I’m damn sick of it.

So I’ve kinda lost all compassion for the complainers over the last month.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I have nothing to say other than 343 failed us, and those that love the game are grifball noobs with terrible kd’s. H2 > H3 > Reach > Hello Kitty Island Adventure > Halo 4.

Aaaand back to the OP… THESE are the kind of people I was talking about that are found here in greater numbers than I care for^^

Jeez you would think it was an apocolypse rather than a video game. All because the DMR needs tweaking, there is no separation of social and ranked gametypes and playlists, and because there aren’t “visible ranks” (like that REALY matters). All things that can easily be fixed with TU’s and time. Then everyone would be happy. But it’s much easier to whine about how Halo 4 is worse than “Hello Kitty Island Adventure.” You serious right now? Whatever dude…

The people that hate the game come on here to complain, while those that love the game are playing it! I love the effort that 343i has put into the series on top of continuing trying to keep the game fresh with new things like CSR.

My question is, if you hate the game so much why continue “wasting your time” by coming on to the forums to complain?

People want Halo to “be what it was before” but that’s impossible. If Halo CE was released today on Xbox for the very first time, it would be considered horrible. Not only that but when Halo was first on live it was “the only game on live worth playing” (for the most part) now there is Gears of War, Call of Duty just to mention a few. There are too many options now.

The weapons overall feel really balanced. There are no completely useless weapons in the game. The maps are great for the most part. And the graphics are stunning.

343i had to try to keep the feel of Halo while making it feel like a modern shooter. That’s a difficult balance. But I feel that they did a fantastic job doing so. This is there first game. How many other “first games” have been this good? Not many. Keep up the good work 343i. Ignore the people that love to complain.

>
>
>
>

You know that chart isn’t daily unique users(meaning how many people launched Halo 4 within 24 hours), right? It’s daily peak(meaning highest amount of people on the same exact time) War Games Matchmaking population.

>

Yeah. If you could get me a “unique users per day” graph, that’d be great.

> > > Keep in mind the majority of players probably don’t also visit the forums. Not everyone hates halo 4. The guys on here looove to complain. A lot of them have some legitimate complaints. But its still a whinefest…
> >
> > Have you seen the daily populations? Its not just the people on the forums, its everyone. When 90% of a games population abandons a game, theres clearly something wrong. Saying these people are “just whining” is terrible generalization and just plain ignorant.
> >
> > Heres a chart for the daily populations:
> >
> > http://halocharts.com/2012/chart/dailypeakpopulation/all
> >
> > Keep in mind, Halo 3 kept 200k+ daily unique users for 2 or 3 years easily. 343 really bungled this one up.
>
> varied, numerous, and serious competition
> the fact that halo has been going for 11 years and people are getting burnt out on it
> nostalgic neanderthals
>
> these are reasons for what you speak. it’s just a loud group of whiners who have hijacked the discussion and made into the “skill gap/randomness/visible-rank” bs.

Lol. You seem deeply wounded by these “whiners.”
Don’t let it get to you. You’re one of the few lucky ones that enjoys the game. Now cheer up and go play some H4!

> The people that hate the game come on here to complain, <mark>while those that love the game are playing it!</mark> I love the effort that 343i has put into the series on top of continuing trying to keep the game fresh with new things like CSR.
>
> -snip-
>
> How many other “first games” have been this good? Not many. Keep up the good work 343i. Ignore the people that love to complain.

Yeah, all 20,000 of them!

> > > > Are you guys saying Halo 4 is a great game?
> > > >
> > > > No. Just no.
> > > >
> > > > The campaign is ok and the multiplayer is awful. <mark>This game just isn’t fun cause it caters towards the casual players leaving the competitive players heavily disappointed.</mark>
> > >
> > > Funny that’s mostly why I find it fun. But it shouldn’t be one or the other, it should be a nice balance. But returning the game to Classic Halo only caters to the Competitive people, which is what most of you don’t see or don’t care about.
> > >
> > > Halo 4 is not a GREAT game, but is a pretty good game.
> > >
> > > It could be balanced out a bit, but for the most part the game’s structure is sound.
> >
> > 1. You can change the parameters on the charts to see daily populations.
> >
> > Also, Changing the game back to a more classic Halo format, like Halo 3, does not only cater to competitive players. Are you dense? Did you ever play another Halo game? Halo 3 had and still has separate playlists for ranked and social games. Players can choose which one to go to, it is NOT one or the other. Seriously, whats so hard to understand about that? Why can’t this be done in Halo 4?
> >
> > Thats all people are asking for. Those of us asking for ranked gametypes and more competitive gameplay aren’t saying do away with social entirely, just create something for us. And that is what 343 and players like you seem to not get.
>
> Oh I get it.
>
> What I don’t get is all the people who claim how horrible of a game this is and say that we’re stupid for enjoying it, or noobs, or how its all our fault this game isn’t what you want.
>
> And I’m damn sick of it.
>
> So I’ve kinda lost all compassion for the complainers over the last month.

Hang in there mate :slight_smile:

Halo sold 8 million copies. Most people do not even go online to play MP.

The % of frivolous complainers is so small that there is a reason why they are not taken seriously.