FINALLY DROP IN DROP OUT CO-OP CAMPAIGN

Within the campaign for Halo 5 there are two distinct modes of play – solo and co-operative – and each mode has its own separate save file. When you start a co-op session, you control the leader of each Fireteam (The Master Chief or Spartan Locke). From there you can invite friends to join your session, and they do so seamlessly. Co-op games run on dedicated servers, allowing friends to seamlessly join and take over control of another member of your Fireteam. There is no interruption to the play experience. The new player simply joins the game, chooses a character (from one of the male or female teammates), and assumes control. Any achievements, collectibles or skulls unlocked during a co-op session are granted to all of the players present at that time. If at some point in the session a friend needs to leave, they can simply drop-out without interruption and the AI takes over seamlessly, so you can continue with your game.

Excellent news indeed. Sounds like it will run very similar to the way the Gears of War series works. Very seamless drop in drop out. Its about time. :slight_smile:

I do really wish randoms could join. Its a shame ONLY friends can play.

Yeah I’m excited they added this ease of use for the campaign co-op :smiley: Good job 343i! Can’t wait for October!

I think 343 has made some good decisions with how Halo 5 will work. I do like how the co-op will work, especially how the campaign was basically made for co-op, because my brother and I like to play Halo campaign together and we usually play split screen on the same Xbox but since Halo 5 has no split screen it will be more fun because we will both be able to see a bigger screen than the smaller split screens. Pretty excited for Halo 5.

So if i have a friend who is about to beat a mission on legendary, i can just join his game, complete the mission, and get the legendary achievement? Or are there safeguards against this kind of thing?

> 2787272447958470;1:
> Within the campaign for Halo 5 there are two distinct modes of play – solo and co-operative – and each mode has its own separate save file. When you start a co-op session, you control the leader of each Fireteam (The Master Chief or Spartan Locke). From there you can invite friends to join your session, and they do so seamlessly. Co-op games run on dedicated servers, allowing friends to seamlessly join and take over control of another member of your Fireteam. There is no interruption to the play experience. The new player simply joins the game, chooses a character (from one of the male or female teammates), and assumes control. Any achievements, collectibles or skulls unlocked during a co-op session are granted to all of the players present at that time. If at some point in the session a friend needs to leave, they can simply drop-out without interruption and the AI takes over seamlessly, so you can continue with your game.
>
> Excellent news indeed. Sounds like it will run very similar to the way the Gears of War series works. Very seamless drop in drop out. Its about time. :slight_smile:
>
> I do really wish randoms could join. Its a shame ONLY friends can play.

Well maybe you just don’t want one day to someone enter your game or what about they enter just to troll or something like that, it’s better having it on control

> 2533274835229788;4:
> So if i have a friend who is about to beat a mission on legendary, i can just join his game, complete the mission, and get the legendary achievement? Or are there safeguards against this kind of thing?

I think the achievement thing is more for collectibles. Like toys, skulls, terminals, etc. I’m not 100% sure though.

If not, this may be the first game I complete LASO (by taking advantage of that system lol).