Finally Brute Weapons in Halo 5

With the incoming HW2 release with the focus on Brutes, 343 should pump some Brute weapons into the pipeline.

I’m thinking:

• Spiker
  • Brute sniper rifle
  • Brute portable turret / Gattling gun
  • maybe 2 rocket launcher variants
  • Brute scope attachments

what do you guys think?

brute shot and variants, spiker and variants, a scope for the load out weapons, maybe banished covenant vehicles like the ones you saw from HW2 i doubt the spiker would come into play but theres a chance

It would be nice, but they haven’t confirmed this have they?

The Brutes and the weapons they use have always been amazing. I agree that 343 should add in the rest of the weapons that brutes used.

Do brutes even have the patience to use a sniper rifle? I just don’t see them using one, or at least like a sniper should be used. There’s a reason Elites are the sniper units for the Covenant in Halo Wars 2.

I have yet to see a brute wielding a sniper

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274806055932;1:
> With the incoming HW2 release with the focus on Brutes, 343 should pump some Brute weapons into the pipeline.
>
> I’m thinking:
> - Spiker
> - Brute sniper rifle
> - Brute portable turret / Gattling gun
> - maybe 2 rocket launcher variants
> - Brute scope attachments
>
> what do you guys think?

You are a bringer of bad ideas aren’t you?.. ok than I want the tooth fairy, godzilla, and pattric the star fish from sponge bob all included into the game!
Do you read me major tom?

we already have brute weapons from previous games (which I highly doubt you even played)

Brute Shot
Brute Mauler
Brute Spiker
Spike Grenades
Fire Grenades
Gravity Hammer
Brute Plasma Rifle

Brutes are Brutes… the name speaks for them selves. Their gear is crude and barbaric and is supposed to invoke both fear and utter devastation. They are breserking rage fill apes that charge and destroy and deal with everything in “Brute Force” get it? Brute… Force… I guess that flew over some heads…

Anyhow Brutes typically snag weapons from the corpses of their enemies. And typically they wouldn’t be using things like sniper rifles. Hell the brutes are far more intimidating than the Promethean (cute cuddly robots that I want to take home with me as a pet(s) Lol)

more power weapons would be fine. but please no more loadout variants. they spammed us with so many already it takes forever to select the ones i actually want to use

> 2533274883849234;5:
> Do brutes even have the patience to use a sniper rifle? I just don’t see them using one, or at least like a sniper should be used. There’s a reason Elites are the sniper units for the Covenant in Halo Wars 2.

Nope. They’re rather rush in and start beating their foe about the face with the butt of the weapon rather than sit and wait.
For the most part the Kig-Yar serve as the Covenant’s snipers.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not intentionally troll other users.</mark>

> 2535414299834534;7:
> > 2533274806055932;1:
> > With the incoming HW2 release with the focus on Brutes, 343 should pump some Brute weapons into the pipeline.
> > I’m thinking:
> > - Spiker
> > - Brute sniper rifle
> > - Brute portable turret / Gattling gun
> > - maybe 2 rocket launcher variants
> > - Brute scope attachments
> > what do you guys think?
>
> You are a bringer of bad ideas aren’t you?.. ok than I want the tooth fairy, godzilla, and pattric the star fish from sponge bob all included into the game!
> Do you read me major tom?
> we already have brute weapons from previous games (which I highly doubt you even played)
> Brute Shot
> Brute Mauler
> Brute Spiker
> Spike Grenades
> Fire Grenades
> Gravity Hammer
> Brute Plasma Rifle
> Brutes are Brutes… the name speaks for them selves. Their gear is crude and barbaric and is supposed to invoke both fear and utter devastation. They are breserking rage fill apes that charge and destroy and deal with everything in “Brute Force” get it? Brute… Force… I guess that flew over some heads…
> Anyhow Brutes typically snag weapons from the corpses of their enemies. And typically they wouldn’t be using things like sniper rifles. Hell the brutes are far more intimidating than the Promethean (cute cuddly robots that I want to take home with me as a pet(s) Lol)

Yeah but those weapons are awful. That’s why they were dropped sooner. And that’s why they dropped the hornet and went with the wasp instead.
they should have new, better brute weapons

It would be wonderful, but it could make the req system have too many weapons.

> 2533274806055932;10:
> > 2535414299834534;7:
> > > 2533274806055932;1:
> > > With the incoming HW2 release with the focus on Brutes, 343 should pump some Brute weapons into the pipeline.
> > >
> > > I’m thinking:
> > > - Spiker
> > > - Brute sniper rifle
> > > - Brute portable turret / Gattling gun
> > > - maybe 2 rocket launcher variants
> > > - Brute scope attachments
> > >
> > > what do you guys think?
> >
> > You are a bringer of bad ideas aren’t you?.. ok than I want the tooth fairy, godzilla, and pattric the star fish from sponge bob all included into the game!
> > Do you read me major tom?
> >
> > we already have brute weapons from previous games (which I highly doubt you even played)
> >
> > Brute Shot
> > Brute Mauler
> > Brute Spiker
> > Spike Grenades
> > Fire Grenades
> > Gravity Hammer
> > Brute Plasma Rifle
> >
> > Brutes are Brutes… the name speaks for them selves. Their gear is crude and barbaric and is supposed to invoke both fear and utter devastation. They are breserking rage fill apes that charge and destroy and deal with everything in “Brute Force” get it? Brute… Force… I guess that flew over some heads…
> >
> > Anyhow Brutes typically snag weapons from the corpses of their enemies. And typically they wouldn’t be using things like sniper rifles. Hell the brutes are far more intimidating than the Promethean (cute cuddly robots that I want to take home with me as a pet(s) Lol)
>
> Yeah but those weapons are awful. That’s why they were dropped sooner. And that’s why they dropped the hornet and went with the wasp instead.
>
> they should have new, better brute weapons

They didn’t drop those weapons because they were awful, they dropped them cause Brutes aren’t around anymore. Reach was a Prequel game, the last game with Brutes in it and the Concussion Rifle was a prototype of the Brute Shot, which is why that wasn’t in there, in 4 and 5 the Brutes make no appearances whatsoever so we’re lucky that we even have the Gravity Hammer in these games. As for the weapons being awful, they most certainly are not, The Brute Shot in Halo 2 and 3 was the bringer of Death, not even swords or snipers could stand up to a Brute Shot expert, the spiker, if wielded properly can kill a player dead in a matter of seconds, the Mauler is basically a pocket shotty, incinerary grenades are brilliant as if someone steps into the residue they catch fire till they die, the Gravity Hammer needs no reasoning, the Brute Plasma Rifle is amazing for popping shields so you can pistol headshot your opponent. It’s very clear that you are not familiar with these weapons and their real functionality.

More weapons to obliterate enemies with is always a great idea.

> 2533274883849234;5:
> Do brutes even have the patience to use a sniper rifle? I just don’t see them using one, or at least like a sniper should be used. There’s a reason Elites are the sniper units for the Covenant in Halo Wars 2.

Well, maybe Atriox trained his soldiers. He does seem pretty discipline himself…

> 2533274820441404;6:
> I have yet to see a brute wielding a sniper

If you do Tsavo Highway in H3 on legendary, in front of the shield the drones come out of, there is a brute captain with a beam rifle. If you don’t see it then, turn on the thunderstorm skull(the one that upgrades enemies) on legendary. I was trying to get that achievement where you get some hogs over a gap in MCC when I discovered it.

> 2533274795284844;3:
> It would be nice, but they haven’t confirmed this have they?

Not yet, but considering the support 343 is giving to halo 5, it wouldn´t be a surprise if they decide to release some new brute weapons and variants of existing vehicles like the ghost. It would help to promote halo wars 2 and since there is still a long way to halo 6 I think they will keep updating the game.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content or flame / attack other members</mark>

> 2535434457651384;12:
> > 2533274806055932;10:
> > > 2535414299834534;7:
> > > > 2533274806055932;1:
> > > > With the incoming HW2 release with the focus on Brutes, 343 should pump some Brute weapons into the pipeline.
> > > > I’m thinking:
> > > > - Spiker
> > > > - Brute sniper rifle
> > > > - Brute portable turret / Gattling gun
> > > > - maybe 2 rocket launcher variants
> > > > - Brute scope attachments
> > > > what do you guys think?
> > >
> > > You are a bringer of bad ideas aren’t you?.. ok than I want the tooth fairy, godzilla, and pattric the star fish from sponge bob all included into the game!
> > > Do you read me major tom?
> > > we already have brute weapons from previous games (which I highly doubt you even played)
> > > Brute Shot
> > > Brute Mauler
> > > Brute Spiker
> > > Spike Grenades
> > > Fire Grenades
> > > Gravity Hammer
> > > Brute Plasma Rifle
> > > Brutes are Brutes… the name speaks for them selves. Their gear is crude and barbaric and is supposed to invoke both fear and utter devastation. They are breserking rage fill apes that charge and destroy and deal with everything in “Brute Force” get it? Brute… Force… I guess that flew over some heads…
> > > Anyhow Brutes typically snag weapons from the corpses of their enemies. And typically they wouldn’t be using things like sniper rifles. Hell the brutes are far more intimidating than the Promethean (cute cuddly robots that I want to take home with me as a pet(s) Lol)
> >
> > Yeah but those weapons are awful. That’s why they were dropped sooner. And that’s why they dropped the hornet and went with the wasp instead.
> > they should have new, better brute weapons
>
> They didn’t drop those weapons because they were awful, they dropped them cause Brutes aren’t around anymore. Reach was a Prequel game, the last game with Brutes in it and the Concussion Rifle was a prototype of the Brute Shot, which is why that wasn’t in there, in 4 and 5 the Brutes make no appearances whatsoever so we’re lucky that we even have the Gravity Hammer in these games. As for the weapons being awful, they most certainly are not, The Brute Shot in Halo 2 and 3 was the bringer of Death, not even swords or snipers could stand up to a Brute Shot expert, the spiker, if wielded properly can kill a player dead in a matter of seconds, the Mauler is basically a pocket shotty, incinerary grenades are brilliant as if someone steps into the residue they catch fire till they die, the Gravity Hammer needs no reasoning, the Brute Plasma Rifle is amazing for popping shields so you can pistol headshot your opponent. It’s very clear that you are not familiar with these weapons and their real functionality.

I was lying. I just said that to trigger that angry idiot
But alas, I failed

> 2535414299834534;7:
> > 2533274806055932;1:
> > With the incoming HW2 release with the focus on Brutes, 343 should pump some Brute weapons into the pipeline.
> >
> > I’m thinking:
> > - Spiker
> > - Brute sniper rifle
> > - Brute portable turret / Gattling gun
> > - maybe 2 rocket launcher variants
> > - Brute scope attachments
> >
> > what do you guys think?
>
> You are a bringer of bad ideas aren’t you?.. ok than I want the tooth fairy, godzilla, and pattric the star fish from sponge bob all included into the game!
> Do you read me major tom?
>
> we already have brute weapons from previous games (which I highly doubt you even played)
>
> Brute Shot
> Brute Mauler
> Brute Spiker
> Spike Grenades
> Fire Grenades
> Gravity Hammer
> Brute Plasma Rifle
>
> Brutes are Brutes… the name speaks for them selves. Their gear is crude and barbaric and is supposed to invoke both fear and utter devastation. They are breserking rage fill apes that charge and destroy and deal with everything in “Brute Force” get it? Brute… Force… I guess that flew over some heads…
>
> Anyhow Brutes typically snag weapons from the corpses of their enemies. And typically they wouldn’t be using things like sniper rifles. Hell the brutes are far more intimidating than the Promethean (cute cuddly robots that I want to take home with me as a pet(s) Lol)

Actually the weapons that kitten listed were found in Halo 5’s files by Gamecheat13. 343i was actually working on these and very well may be brought into the game in a future update.

Here’s what I think we’re most likely to get:

-Brute Spiker
-Brute Shot
-Brute Sniper Rifle
-Brute Scope Attachments*
-Banished Ghost, Banshee, and Wraith variants
-Brute Chopper

*I don’t know about the rest of you, but I seriously I hope they decide to cut the Brute Scope attachments that the modders found. I for one didn’t want the Hybrid or Morph sights, and I would really prefer it if they didn’t flood the REQ pool with more useless junk that I will never use.

> 2533274806055932;10:
> > 2535414299834534;7:
> > > 2533274806055932;1:
> > > With the incoming HW2 release with the focus on Brutes, 343 should pump some Brute weapons into the pipeline.
> > >
> > > I’m thinking:
> > > - Spiker
> > > - Brute sniper rifle
> > > - Brute portable turret / Gattling gun
> > > - maybe 2 rocket launcher variants
> > > - Brute scope attachments
> > >
> > > what do you guys think?
> >
> > You are a bringer of bad ideas aren’t you?.. ok than I want the tooth fairy, godzilla, and pattric the star fish from sponge bob all included into the game!
> > Do you read me major tom?
> >
> > we already have brute weapons from previous games (which I highly doubt you even played)
> >
> > Brute Shot
> > Brute Mauler
> > Brute Spiker
> > Spike Grenades
> > Fire Grenades
> > Gravity Hammer
> > Brute Plasma Rifle
> >
> > Brutes are Brutes… the name speaks for them selves. Their gear is crude and barbaric and is supposed to invoke both fear and utter devastation. They are breserking rage fill apes that charge and destroy and deal with everything in “Brute Force” get it? Brute… Force… I guess that flew over some heads…
> >
> > Anyhow Brutes typically snag weapons from the corpses of their enemies. And typically they wouldn’t be using things like sniper rifles. Hell the brutes are far more intimidating than the Promethean (cute cuddly robots that I want to take home with me as a pet(s) Lol)
>
> Yeah but those weapons are awful. That’s why they were dropped sooner. And that’s why they dropped the hornet and went with the wasp instead.
>
> they should have new, better brute weapons

That’s BS. Those weapons dropped because the species was dropped for Halo 4 and 5. Meaning no species no special weapons. And the brute weapons were awesome and just as Effective.