Finally a useful Assault Rifle!

First in foremost, yes this post is in offense of those who are asking for an Assault Rifle nerf. I’d like to state that the Assault Rifle was never meant to be a throwaway weapon, it makes no sense to have it be so.
Infinite’s AR is perfect. Effective in close and mid range and will often outperform precision weapons in close range, which is exactly as it should be. I see no reason to nerf.

Perhaps some people are confused about the Assault Rifle’s role in the sandbox?

Assault Rifle/ Close to Mid range automatic
Battle Rifle/ Mid to Long range precision
Commando/ Long to mid range auto precision
Sidekick/ Close to Mid range backup weapon.

If you’re using the BR or the CO at close range you will be melted by an Assault Rifle. Same goes for the sidekick unless you’re a good shot. The only other kinetic weapon that beats the AR in close range is the Bulldog because it’s a shotgun. If you’re dying from an Assault rifle at mid range while you’re using a BR or CO, it’s not because the AR is overpowered, it’s because you need to hit the weapon drills again and practice your accuracy.
These weapons all function exactly as they should

I fully support the idea of keeping the AR as it is now, it does not need to be weaker, nor does it need to be modified so that it loses to a BR in low and medium range situations.

It is also a universal weapon that allows any player, whether new or veteran, to be able to defend themselves well in multiplayer.

It is not necessary to have to do everything according to the opinion of competitive players, it is not good to have to always lose power in the weapons in favor of always focusing everything on the BR. I’m fed up.

I don’t care about the AR, they can leave it as is, but the BR has to be the starting weapon across all playlists.

> 2533274821521504;3:
> I don’t care about the AR, they can leave it as is, but the BR has to be the starting weapon across all playlists.

No, AR is the ideal starting weapon for most social gaming modes.

nerfing its ability to laser people down 50 meters away wouldn’t make it a throwaway weapon. right now its TTK is substantially faster than the BR’s.

> 2533274821521504;3:
> I don’t care about the AR, they can leave it as is, but the BR has to be the starting weapon across all playlists.

It’s on the map most games, what difference does it make?
I disagree personally. I will say however that having BR starts for some playlists, or having it mixed in with the Arena modes would be nice

> 2533274882898126;6:
> > 2533274821521504;3:
> > I don’t care about the AR, they can leave it as is, but the BR has to be the starting weapon across all playlists.
>
> It’s on the map most games, what difference does it make?
> I disagree personally. I will say however that having BR starts for some playlists, or having it mixed in with the Arena modes would be nice

The current implementation for spawning weapons is atrocious.

Starting with the fact that the spawn locations can either be commandoes or BRs, you’re not always guaranteed to have a BR in the map or readily available.

If the BR is going to be the starting weapon then the AR is balanced. If not, then it is overpowered.

> 2533274953195665;5:
> nerfing its ability to laser people down 50 meters away wouldn’t make it a throwaway weapon. right now its TTK is substantially faster than the BR’s.

The BR has the advantage of being able to laser down people across any range though. If you stand too close to someone with an AR, of course they’ll have the advantage. Nerfing the AR’s damage at mid range would essentially make it a close range weapon, thus making it pretty much unusable when it comes to fighting anyone with a BR or CO. The purpose of the AR being effective at close and mid range is to give people who just spawned an actual fighting chance against people with the BR and CO

> 2533274821521504;7:
> > 2533274882898126;6:
> > > 2533274821521504;3:
> > > I don’t care about the AR, they can leave it as is, but the BR has to be the starting weapon across all playlists.
> >
> > It’s on the map most games, what difference does it make?
> > I disagree personally. I will say however that having BR starts for some playlists, or having it mixed in with the Arena modes would be nice
>
> The current implementation for spawning weapons is atrocious.
>
> Starting with the fact that the spawn locations can either be commandoes or BRs, you’re not always guaranteed to have a BR in the map or readily available.
>
> If the BR is going to be the starting weapon then the AR is balanced. If not, then it is overpowered.

The only reason the AR would be overpowered is if it had all power above and against the sandbox weapons on the map. BR and CO both beat the AR when at the proper range. I could make the same argument against the BR and CO saying they’re overpowered for being able to laser me at long range, when that’s not the case, they’re just doing their job

I’ve gotten to the point in this flight where I really like the AR where it’s at. I would like to see the Sidekick be more powerful, especially at range. And then BR starts on a map like Behemoth. The Commando feels just slightly underpowered to me.

> 2533274804891940;10:
> I’ve gotten to the point in this flight where I really like the AR where it’s at. I would like to see the Sidekick be more powerful, especially at range. And then BR starts on a map like Behemoth. The Commando feels just slightly underpowered to me.

I wish the commando had a large mag size but that could just be me. Other than that I love that gun

> 2533274882898126;9:
> > 2533274821521504;7:
> > > 2533274882898126;6:
> > > > 2533274821521504;3:
> > > > I don’t care about the AR, they can leave it as is, but the BR has to be the starting weapon across all playlists.
> > >
> > > It’s on the map most games, what difference does it make?
> > > I disagree personally. I will say however that having BR starts for some playlists, or having it mixed in with the Arena modes would be nice
> >
> > The current implementation for spawning weapons is atrocious.
> >
> > Starting with the fact that the spawn locations can either be commandoes or BRs, you’re not always guaranteed to have a BR in the map or readily available.
> >
> > If the BR is going to be the starting weapon then the AR is balanced. If not, then it is overpowered.
>
> The only reason the AR would be overpowered is if it had all power above and against the sandbox weapons on the map. BR and CO both beat the AR when at the proper range. I could make the same argument against the BR and CO saying they’re overpowered for being able to laser me at long range, when that’s not the case, they’re just doing their job

Not sure what platform you on. But on console the aiming is so bad that using skill based weapons is a huge risk for very little reward.

> 2533274882898126;8:
> > 2533274953195665;5:
> > nerfing its ability to laser people down 50 meters away wouldn’t make it a throwaway weapon. right now its TTK is substantially faster than the BR’s.
>
> The BR has the advantage of being able to laser down people across any range though. If you stand too close to someone with an AR, of course they’ll have the advantage. Nerfing the AR’s damage at mid range would essentially make it a close range weapon, thus making it pretty much unusable when it comes to fighting anyone with a BR or CO. The purpose of the AR being effective at close and mid range is to give people who just spawned an actual fighting chance against people with the BR and CO

halo infinite’s BR has an optimal killtime of 1.55s, and is harder to use. the assault rifle has an optimal killtime of 1 second, with a wide, forgiving cone of fire. the AR will completely shred the BR at close range as it should, but right now it’s simply too lethal at medium range. it’s difficult to compete with it even when using the BR at its intended range. what doesn’t help is that the BR gets descoped while the assault rifle does not.

for the first time in halo I’m getting shredded in under 2 seconds by an assault rifle player who isn’t even close enough to be on my radar. that’s nuts.

> 2533274821521504;12:
> > 2533274882898126;9:
> > > 2533274821521504;7:
> > > > 2533274882898126;6:
> > > > > 2533274821521504;3:
> > > > > I don’t care about the AR, they can leave it as is, but the BR has to be the starting weapon across all playlists.
> > > >
> > > > It’s on the map most games, what difference does it make?
> > > > I disagree personally. I will say however that having BR starts for some playlists, or having it mixed in with the Arena modes would be nice
> > >
> > > The current implementation for spawning weapons is atrocious.
> > >
> > > Starting with the fact that the spawn locations can either be commandoes or BRs, you’re not always guaranteed to have a BR in the map or readily available.
> > >
> > > If the BR is going to be the starting weapon then the AR is balanced. If not, then it is overpowered.
> >
> > The only reason the AR would be overpowered is if it had all power above and against the sandbox weapons on the map. BR and CO both beat the AR when at the proper range. I could make the same argument against the BR and CO saying they’re overpowered for being able to laser me at long range, when that’s not the case, they’re just doing their job
>
> Not sure what platform you on. But on console the aiming is so bad that using skill based weapons is a huge risk for very little reward.

On that we can agree for sure. We definetly need stronger aim assist on controller

Take off the headshot multiplier, reduce its RoF, increase its damage, lower its magazine, don’t let it stay this accurate.

It’s busted-OP.

> 2533274821521504;3:
> I don’t care about the AR, they can leave it as is, but the BR has to be the starting weapon across all playlists.

Nah, in my opinion halo is the most fun when you don’t have a starting weapon that can snipe across the map, the pistols range is good enough, though the aim assist does need to be tweaked.

Yes! So happy that the AR is finally useful and not just a throw away