Finale in 343's main line Halo games?

I’m starting to wonder if this will be the finale of the main Halo story with Master Chief since Infinite is feeling kinda like the end of the road in a lot of ways. The art style is coming back to Halo’s roots, Chief is facing off against his old ally so it’s gonna be a very personal war for him, he’s returning to basically his home in the new novel coming out, and it’s supposed to be the biggest Halo game yet.

It just feels very conclusive/end of the line to me, after this is all over I’m wondering if 343 would start a new trilogy about different characters, just do spin off games similar to ODST and Reach, or this isn’t the end and I’m just reading too much into it.

Depends, this has been referred to being destined to be a saga but there is always a chance for changes in minds & therefore this whole thing turning to trilogy.
personally I think it would be a good place to end a chapter, but who knows how this will turn out.

It depends on how much $ it makes.

I would prefer they give Master Chief a good ending instead of replacing his voice actor. Steve Downes is 69 currently and I would imagine he would want to retire within a few years (pure speculation). I predict he would only do 1 or 2 more games after Infinite. I could see games after that doing something similar to Reach where the player creates a nameless character. That would increase immersion in my opinion while softening the blow of no more chief

I wouldn’t be surprised if Infinite concluded the created ark and/or is Chief’s last game

If it is, I will never forgive 343. Unless we get a King Arthur style ending like Halo 3.

> 2533274890014309;2:
> Depends, this has been referred to being destined to be a saga but there is always a chance for changes in minds & therefore this whole thing turning to trilogy.
> personally I think it would be a good place to end a chapter, but who knows how this will turn out.

This seems to be a common misconception; I don’t believe they were ever saying that the main Halo games would form a “saga”, but that the trilogy would also include other tie-in games that would essentially make it a saga. Halo 2: Anniversary and Halo Wars 2 are technically part of this saga, as they are both tie-ins.