Final Weapon Tuning Changes

YAYYYYY they just released the details of next Monday’s weapons update. Here’s the link.

http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines/post/2013/05/29/The-Halo-Bulletin-52913.aspx

For the lazy, here are the changes:

Battle Rifle

The Battle Rifle damage has been increased. The Battle Rifle is now capable of killing in four bursts.
The Battle Rifle rate of fire has been slightly decreased.
The Battle Rifle red reticle range (range at which auto-aim benefits kick in) has been decreased.
Two bursts from a Battle Rifle followed by a melee will now kill an opponent (2-shot melee).

Carbine

The Carbine damage has been increased. The Carbine is now capable of killing in seven rounds.
The Carbine accuracy has been increased (projectile spread decrease).
The Carbine red reticle range has been decreased.

LightRifle

The LightRifle zoomed rate of fire has been increased.
The LightRifle un-zoomed rate of fire has been slightly decreased.
The LightRifle red reticle range has been increased to match the updated DMR range.

DMR

The DMR red reticle range has been slightly decreased.

Assault Rifle

The Assault Rifle damage has been slightly increased. The Assault Rifle now kills in three less rounds.
The Assault Rifle auto-aim angle has been reduced.
The Assault Rifle projectile spread has been decreased.

Storm Rifle

The Storm Rifle damage has been increased. The Storm Rifle now kills in three less rounds.
The Storm Rifle auto-aim angle has been reduced.
The Storm Rifle projectile spread has been decreased.

Suppressor

The Suppressor damage has been increased. The Suppressor now kills in three less rounds.
The Suppressor auto-aim angle has been reduced.
The Suppressor projectile spread has been decreased.

SAW

The damage has been increased to maintain double the damage-per-second of the Assault Rifle.

Magnum

The damage has been slightly increased. The Magnum is still capable of killing in six rounds.

Vehicles

The damage has been increased on both the Mantis and Warthog Chain Gun.

They also said base movement speed was being upped to 110% in all playlists.

So every weapon’s range was reduced except for the LightRifle. Interesting. Also, they decided to reduce the ROF on the unscoped LightRifle… Kind of lame if you ask me. It was already way too weak. The LightRifle should not be receiving nerfs, in my opinion. So what do you guys think? Were all the nerfs justified?

I welcome these updates and any other update that makes Halo 4 more like a HALO game. Like for instance BTB objective…just do this for us 343 pretty please with a MOA on top :slight_smile:

I only worry this changes will make some primary weapons more useful, meanwhile making other weapons useless like the automatic weapons.

Carbine has more accuracy and less auto-aim.
LR is punished for unscoped fire.
Automatics have more range and less auto-aim.
Movement speed is set to 110%.

I am very, very pleased with these changes. They nailed everything.

> Carbine has more accuracy and less auto-aim.
> LR is punished for unscoped fire.
> Automatics have more range and less auto-aim.
> Movement speed is set to 110%.
>
> I am very, very pleased with these changes. They nailed everything.

QFT this man knows his stuff.

Love the reduction of RRR on the Battle Rifle too. Keeps it effective in that short-mid role.

LOVE THE CHANGES! Amazing tweaks the way I see them.

My eyes lit up when I read 110% movement speed. I reread it to make sure I wasn’t seeing things, then I ran a few laps around the house.

> My eyes lit up when I read 110% movement speed. I reread it to make sure I wasn’t seeing things, then I ran a few laps around the house.

But did you run them at 110% of your normal jogging speed?

I am very pleased with these changes, nothing looks like it will cause any problems, but I can only tell after playing I suppose. Although I trust them after testing these weapons for hours.

I don’t feel that the LR needs any sort of a nerf while unscoped. That 5SK is already punishing enough.

And whatever happened to the Beam Rifle changes?

> I don’t feel that the LR needs any sort of a nerf while unscoped. That 5SK is already punishing enough.
>
> And whatever happened to the Beam Rifle changes?

The thing is the scope-unscope trick removes the downside of being unscoped. A weapon with a 1.3 or so scoped killtime that also has a 1.4 killtime when using the above trick beats every rifle.

I’m sure the unscoped nerf is intended to counter this trick.

Beam rifle, no idea. But most settings and maps don’t use it to begin with so not a big ticket issue at the moment.

The beam rifle not being nerfed is disappointing, but the light rifle nerf is very disappointing, I am not pleased.

> > My eyes lit up when I read 110% movement speed. I reread it to make sure I wasn’t seeing things, then I ran a few laps around the house.
>
> But did you run them at 110% of your normal jogging speed?

I always go full speed. It’s part of my competitive nature.

I don’t care at all for the Light Rifle changes, or at least what they sound like. I like the sound of everything else, though.

Cool. So it’s all official now. Liking the changes. The SAW is going to be something to watch out for now. That thing already is solid. Wonder if the 110% movement could mean they are looking at taking away sprint.

> My eyes lit up when I read 110% movement speed. I reread it to make sure I wasn’t seeing things, then I ran a few laps around the house.

lol.

I was super excited as well when i read that and i also had to reread it just to make sure lol.

Back on topic:

• I am very happy about the BR
  • I am happy about the Carbine except they didnt reduce the reload speed alittle or increase the clip size alittle
  • I am very not happy about the beam rifle’s unzoomed aim assist did not get reduced
  • I am not happy about the LR’s unzoomed rof being decreased

P.S.
I’m still very excited for Monday since the BR and the Carbine is my favorite weapons in the game :smiley:

P.S.S.
All we need next is a classic no sprint playlist :smiley:

Please remember Waypoint is more than 1 section.
You don’t have to (or really get to) discuss 1 area of the site in another just to spread the info around.
Please continue contributing to the link you provided.