Over the past 4, almost 5 years now, I have been speculating what will happen next. And since e3 2018, 343 have given little tid bits of info about the game, but we still dont know much about it. So here are my final predictions on storyline, features, gameplay, and everything else that I care about in this game. Keep in mind this is all speculation, and I would love to see what y’all say.
It will pick up after the events of Halo 5 (confirmed) and Halo wars 2. A prologue cutscene will show master chief getting his new armor, as seen in the most recent short teaser. In the opening mission, the infinity will exit slipspace at Zeta Halo, followed closely by Cortana and one of her guardians. Blue Team, Fireteam Osiris, and the swords of sanghelios will show up shortly after and battle on the ring, while the Infinity battles in space. After a relatively short fight on zeta halo with prometheans, Cortana will destroy Zeta halo, and Chief will be jettisoned into space and isolated from the rest of blue team, osiris, and the swords of sanghelios. leading to the discover hope cutscene. The pilot and chief will get attacked by the guardian and chief will board the guardian as seen in the end of discover hope, use the ai containment device on cortana as seen in discover hope (which ultimately kills cortana), and manage to destroy the guardian. After what seems like a major victory, the banished will show up and destroy the infinity. Chief will then land on the halo ring, rescuing some marines as seen in e3 2018 teaser, and battle banished and prometheans, after a few victories, the flood will return. Another guardian will show up, and it will be revealed that Cortana destroyed the halo ring to unleash the flood, and she was controlled by a gravemind all along. Chief will reunite with the rest of Blue team, osiris, and the swords, and they will team up with the banished to take down the created and the flood. The final mission will involve an epic battle between chief and the gravemind. After defeating the gravemind, the created will fall, and the flood will be defeated (for now). An end cutscene will show the banished betray the others, and set up for another potential sequel.
Features and gameplay:
- Halo Infinite will feature a campaign with 15 missions, with roughly 12-15 hours of playtime total.
- Infection, BTB, and forge will be included on launch, along with 4v4 arena, super fiesta, 2v2 arena, griffball, mongoose racing, warzone (now 32v32), firefight, and invasion.
- playable elites will return in multiplayer as well as the addition of playable brutes. Each will have different advantages and disadvantages.
- Sprint, clamber, thrusters and slide will return as well as dual wielding and assassinations. Most other spartan abilities will be eliminated.
- a few new abilities will be introduced: prone, hang, and kick.
- there will be a set of game modes for players who prefer classic movements
- there will also be a new playlist where players can play as marines or odsts.
- forge will be improved, to the point that forge maps will now be truly indistinguishable from dev made maps.
- microtransactions will return, but not in the form of loot boxes, probably just for weapon skins and armor customization.
- Halo Infinite will release in late November shortly before Thanksgiving.
- flighting will begin shortly after the july 23 reveal.
- Halo infinite will be rated T, but not any less violent then previous halo games. These days esrb is much more lenient, and it will infact be more violent then games such as halo 2 and halo 5. Probably about on the same level as halo ce or halo 4.
I think Halo Infinite will be a very good game overall, that most players will be happy with, but as always, there will be some loudmouth people who will find some way to hate it lol. That’s just the way it always is.