Final predictions before the demo

Over the past 4, almost 5 years now, I have been speculating what will happen next. And since e3 2018, 343 have given little tid bits of info about the game, but we still dont know much about it. So here are my final predictions on storyline, features, gameplay, and everything else that I care about in this game. Keep in mind this is all speculation, and I would love to see what y’all say.

Story:
It will pick up after the events of Halo 5 (confirmed) and Halo wars 2. A prologue cutscene will show master chief getting his new armor, as seen in the most recent short teaser. In the opening mission, the infinity will exit slipspace at Zeta Halo, followed closely by Cortana and one of her guardians. Blue Team, Fireteam Osiris, and the swords of sanghelios will show up shortly after and battle on the ring, while the Infinity battles in space. After a relatively short fight on zeta halo with prometheans, Cortana will destroy Zeta halo, and Chief will be jettisoned into space and isolated from the rest of blue team, osiris, and the swords of sanghelios. leading to the discover hope cutscene. The pilot and chief will get attacked by the guardian and chief will board the guardian as seen in the end of discover hope, use the ai containment device on cortana as seen in discover hope (which ultimately kills cortana), and manage to destroy the guardian. After what seems like a major victory, the banished will show up and destroy the infinity. Chief will then land on the halo ring, rescuing some marines as seen in e3 2018 teaser, and battle banished and prometheans, after a few victories, the flood will return. Another guardian will show up, and it will be revealed that Cortana destroyed the halo ring to unleash the flood, and she was controlled by a gravemind all along. Chief will reunite with the rest of Blue team, osiris, and the swords, and they will team up with the banished to take down the created and the flood. The final mission will involve an epic battle between chief and the gravemind. After defeating the gravemind, the created will fall, and the flood will be defeated (for now). An end cutscene will show the banished betray the others, and set up for another potential sequel.

Features and gameplay:

• Halo Infinite will feature a campaign with 15 missions, with roughly 12-15 hours of playtime total.
  • Infection, BTB, and forge will be included on launch, along with 4v4 arena, super fiesta, 2v2 arena, griffball, mongoose racing, warzone (now 32v32), firefight, and invasion.
  • playable elites will return in multiplayer as well as the addition of playable brutes. Each will have different advantages and disadvantages.
  • Sprint, clamber, thrusters and slide will return as well as dual wielding and assassinations. Most other spartan abilities will be eliminated.
  • a few new abilities will be introduced: prone, hang, and kick.
  • there will be a set of game modes for players who prefer classic movements
  • there will also be a new playlist where players can play as marines or odsts.
  • forge will be improved, to the point that forge maps will now be truly indistinguishable from dev made maps.
  • microtransactions will return, but not in the form of loot boxes, probably just for weapon skins and armor customization.

Other:

• Halo Infinite will release in late November shortly before Thanksgiving.
  • flighting will begin shortly after the july 23 reveal.
  • Halo infinite will be rated T, but not any less violent then previous halo games. These days esrb is much more lenient, and it will infact be more violent then games such as halo 2 and halo 5. Probably about on the same level as halo ce or halo 4.

I think Halo Infinite will be a very good game overall, that most players will be happy with, but as always, there will be some loudmouth people who will find some way to hate it lol. That’s just the way it always is.

The E3 2019 trailer was, i believe, said to be the opening cutscene (it even has the oppurtunity for the look at green light tutorial). Plus there method for Infinite is that it’ll be a starting point for new players. Having what you said, while fine as is (although similar to how 5 handled things), is a bit information heavy for 343s method. I think it’ll start out with the 2019 trailer and have chief jump (literally) into action. What is unknown to me.

As for features:
Campaign will be 10-12 missions long and will be similar in style to CE.
All features that were missing in 5 at launch will be there at launch.
Warzone may not be in the game (50/50)
Playable elites
A season system like in MCC
User skins as in MCC (some available with direct purchase, MTX)
The largest sandbox in a Halo game, with weapons past and present.
Forge is larger with large forge canvases like in 5 and some similar in diversity to Forge World. And better scripting, less bugged.
Social and competitive matchmaking with a focus on sodial.
Firefight.

Gameplay:
No new abilities
Loss of SC, GP, and stabiliser.
Sprint and thrust remaining. But to a lesser extent.

23rd showcase (cause why not)
Be a pre-recorded campaign mission similar to the silent cartographer (not the same just takes inspiration). With ut availabe as a demo durin the xbox demo event.
It’ll show the banished with new weapons and vehicles.
Will last 10-15 minutes and stop halfway through what the mission will be.
Ends with a flighting announcement or one for a multiplayer showcase (maybe on the 25th).

> 2533274892878579;2:
> The E3 2019 trailer was, i believe, said to be the opening cutscene (it even has the oppurtunity for the look at green light tutorial). Plus there method for Infinite is that it’ll be a starting point for new players. Having what you said, while fine as is (although similar to how 5 handled things), is a bit information heavy for 343s method. I think it’ll start out with the 2019 trailer and have chief jump (literally) into action. What is unknown to me.
>
> As for features:
> Campaign will be 10-12 missions long and will be similar in style to CE.
> All features that were missing in 5 at launch will be there at launch.
> Warzone may not be in the game (50/50)
> Playable elites
> A season system like in MCC
> User skins as in MCC (some available with direct purchase, MTX)
> The largest sandbox in a Halo game, with weapons past and present.
> Forge is larger with large forge canvases like in 5 and some similar in diversity to Forge World. And better scripting, less bugged.
> Social and competitive matchmaking with a focus on sodial.
> Firefight.
>
> Gameplay:
> No new abilities
> Loss of SC, GP, and stabiliser.
> Sprint and thrust remaining. But to a lesser extent.
>
> 23rd showcase (cause why not)
> Be a pre-recorded campaign mission similar to the silent cartographer (not the same just takes inspiration). With ut availabe as a demo durin the xbox demo event.
> It’ll show the banished with new weapons and vehicles.
> Will last 10-15 minutes and stop halfway through what the mission will be.
> Ends with a flighting announcement or one for a multiplayer showcase (maybe on the 25th).

I could definitely see a lot of that happening as well. I think the july 23 showcase will probably have a 10 minute demo of an early mission (maybe inspired by silent cartographer), definitely inspired by something memorable from a previous halo game at least. They have said they are making it a starting point for new players so probably fewer references to the books. I do at least think there will be more than just the discover hope cutscene shown at e3 2019 to open the game. It could still be the opening cutscene, but I definitely think they cut some major parts of it out of the e3 trailer. My storyline idea is mostly a wild guess based on a few hints from the trailers and info out so far, but I do think it will be a very complex storyline, but not too many references that only book readers will understand (I do still expect a few). I think 343 will focus on resolving halo 5s problems by better developing blue team and osiris, but also keeping chief as the main character.

> 2535447175857524;1:
> Over the past 4, almost 5 years now, I have been speculating what will happen next. And since e3 2018, 343 have given little tid bits of info about the game, but we still dont know much about it. So here are my final predictions on storyline, features, gameplay, and everything else that I care about in this game. Keep in mind this is all speculation, and I would love to see what y’all say.
>
> Story:
> It will pick up after the events of Halo 5 (confirmed) and Halo wars 2. A prologue cutscene will show master chief getting his new armor, as seen in the most recent short teaser. In the opening mission, the infinity will exit slipspace at Zeta Halo, followed closely by Cortana and one of her guardians. Blue Team, Fireteam Osiris, and the swords of sanghelios will show up shortly after and battle on the ring, while the Infinity battles in space. After a relatively short fight on zeta halo with prometheans, Cortana will destroy Zeta halo, and Chief will be jettisoned into space and isolated from the rest of blue team, osiris, and the swords of sanghelios. leading to the discover hope cutscene. The pilot and chief will get attacked by the guardian and chief will board the guardian as seen in the end of discover hope, use the ai containment device on cortana as seen in discover hope (which ultimately kills cortana), and manage to destroy the guardian. After what seems like a major victory, the banished will show up and destroy the infinity. Chief will then land on the halo ring, rescuing some marines as seen in e3 2018 teaser, and battle banished and prometheans, after a few victories, the flood will return. Another guardian will show up, and it will be revealed that Cortana destroyed the halo ring to unleash the flood, and she was controlled by a gravemind all along. Chief will reunite with the rest of Blue team, osiris, and the swords, and they will team up with the banished to take down the created and the flood. The final mission will involve an epic battle between chief and the gravemind. After defeating the gravemind, the created will fall, and the flood will be defeated (for now). An end cutscene will show the banished betray the others, and set up for another potential sequel.
>
> Features and gameplay:
> - Halo Infinite will feature a campaign with 15 missions, with roughly 12-15 hours of playtime total.
> - Infection, BTB, and forge will be included on launch, along with 4v4 arena, super fiesta, 2v2 arena, griffball, mongoose racing, warzone (now 32v32), firefight, and invasion.
> - playable elites will return in multiplayer as well as the addition of playable brutes. Each will have different advantages and disadvantages.
> - Sprint, clamber, thrusters and slide will return as well as dual wielding and assassinations. Most other spartan abilities will be eliminated.
> - a few new abilities will be introduced: prone, hang, and kick.
> - there will be a set of game modes for players who prefer classic movements
> - there will also be a new playlist where players can play as marines or odsts.
> - forge will be improved, to the point that forge maps will now be truly indistinguishable from dev made maps.
> - microtransactions will return, but not in the form of loot boxes, probably just for weapon skins and armor customization.
>
> Other:
> - Halo Infinite will release in late November shortly before Thanksgiving.
> - flighting will begin shortly after the july 23 reveal.
> - Halo infinite will be rated T, but not any less violent then previous halo games. These days esrb is much more lenient, and it will infact be more violent then games such as halo 2 and halo 5. Probably about on the same level as halo ce or halo 4.
>
> I think Halo Infinite will be a very good game overall, that most players will be happy with, but as always, there will be some loudmouth people who will find some way to hate it lol. That’s just the way it always is.

I think you’re aiming a little high here personally. I don’t feel like the majority of what you’ve stated will make it. Not saying I don’t like where you’re going but things like playable Elites and Brutes seems HIGHLY unlikely. I’d be surprised if we even got Elites.

• I think the event on the 23rd will showcase a very open-esque style level. Lots of player options/play as you will. A sandbox basically. - I think you’ll see some iteration of the leaked skill tree/system. The ability to upgrade your Spartan to suit your playstyle. Perhaps allowing for trade offs based on your decisions or maybe allowing you to unlock everything throughout the course of the game. - Similar to Gears 5, I really believe we’ll be playing in a hub world of sorts. Where the story drives traversal but there is plenty of secondary and discovery/Easter eggs to find. I’d like to see it to be more fleshed out than Gears though as those hubs felt empty as you traveled between mission sections IMO. And I believe we’ll see a glimpse of it. - You’ll see the BR, AR, and pistol with the new HUD. It’ll show off one or two weapons that haven’t been seen before. - You’ll see an enemy (duh) but only one. Maybe hint at another. Like we’ll see the Banished (and a few of the enemy types in the faction) but you’ll see hints of the Flood or maybe Prometheans.

> 2533274836669416;4:
> > 2535447175857524;1:
> > Over the past 4, almost 5 years now, I have been speculating what will happen next. And since e3 2018, 343 have given little tid bits of info about the game, but we still dont know much about it. So here are my final predictions on storyline, features, gameplay, and everything else that I care about in this game. Keep in mind this is all speculation, and I would love to see what y’all say.
> >
> > Story:
> > It will pick up after the events of Halo 5 (confirmed) and Halo wars 2. A prologue cutscene will show master chief getting his new armor, as seen in the most recent short teaser. In the opening mission, the infinity will exit slipspace at Zeta Halo, followed closely by Cortana and one of her guardians. Blue Team, Fireteam Osiris, and the swords of sanghelios will show up shortly after and battle on the ring, while the Infinity battles in space. After a relatively short fight on zeta halo with prometheans, Cortana will destroy Zeta halo, and Chief will be jettisoned into space and isolated from the rest of blue team, osiris, and the swords of sanghelios. leading to the discover hope cutscene. The pilot and chief will get attacked by the guardian and chief will board the guardian as seen in the end of discover hope, use the ai containment device on cortana as seen in discover hope (which ultimately kills cortana), and manage to destroy the guardian. After what seems like a major victory, the banished will show up and destroy the infinity. Chief will then land on the halo ring, rescuing some marines as seen in e3 2018 teaser, and battle banished and prometheans, after a few victories, the flood will return. Another guardian will show up, and it will be revealed that Cortana destroyed the halo ring to unleash the flood, and she was controlled by a gravemind all along. Chief will reunite with the rest of Blue team, osiris, and the swords, and they will team up with the banished to take down the created and the flood. The final mission will involve an epic battle between chief and the gravemind. After defeating the gravemind, the created will fall, and the flood will be defeated (for now). An end cutscene will show the banished betray the others, and set up for another potential sequel.
> >
> > Features and gameplay:
> > - Halo Infinite will feature a campaign with 15 missions, with roughly 12-15 hours of playtime total.
> > - Infection, BTB, and forge will be included on launch, along with 4v4 arena, super fiesta, 2v2 arena, griffball, mongoose racing, warzone (now 32v32), firefight, and invasion.
> > - playable elites will return in multiplayer as well as the addition of playable brutes. Each will have different advantages and disadvantages.
> > - Sprint, clamber, thrusters and slide will return as well as dual wielding and assassinations. Most other spartan abilities will be eliminated.
> > - a few new abilities will be introduced: prone, hang, and kick.
> > - there will be a set of game modes for players who prefer classic movements
> > - there will also be a new playlist where players can play as marines or odsts.
> > - forge will be improved, to the point that forge maps will now be truly indistinguishable from dev made maps.
> > - microtransactions will return, but not in the form of loot boxes, probably just for weapon skins and armor customization.
> >
> > Other:
> > - Halo Infinite will release in late November shortly before Thanksgiving.
> > - flighting will begin shortly after the july 23 reveal.
> > - Halo infinite will be rated T, but not any less violent then previous halo games. These days esrb is much more lenient, and it will infact be more violent then games such as halo 2 and halo 5. Probably about on the same level as halo ce or halo 4.
> >
> > I think Halo Infinite will be a very good game overall, that most players will be happy with, but as always, there will be some loudmouth people who will find some way to hate it lol. That’s just the way it always is.
>
> I think you’re aiming a little high here personally. I don’t feel like the majority of what you’ve stated will make it. Not saying I don’t like where you’re going but things like playable Elites and Brutes seems HIGHLY unlikely. I’d be surprised if we even got Elites.
>
>
> - I think the event on the 23rd will showcase a very open-esque style level. Lots of player options/play as you will. A sandbox basically. - I think you’ll see some iteration of the leaked skill tree/system. The ability to upgrade your Spartan to suit your playstyle. Perhaps allowing for trade offs based on your decisions or maybe allowing you to unlock everything throughout the course of the game. - Similar to Gears 5, I really believe we’ll be playing in a hub world of sorts. Where the story drives traversal but there is plenty of secondary and discovery/Easter eggs to find. I’d like to see it to be more fleshed out than Gears though as those hubs felt empty as you traveled between mission sections IMO. And I believe we’ll see a glimpse of it. - You’ll see the BR, AR, and pistol with the new HUD. It’ll show off one or two weapons that haven’t been seen before. - You’ll see an enemy (duh) but only one. Maybe hint at another. Like we’ll see the Banished (and a few of the enemy types in the faction) but you’ll see hints of the Flood or maybe Prometheans.

I admit I am being optimistic with my prediction. I dont think it will be an open world game though I do think it will have a lot of exploration and Easter eggs. I definitely think we will at least be fighting banished and prometheans. Cortana is still the main villain until she gets taken care of one way or another. The flood may or may not return, it is on zeta halo most likely, which makes me think they will in some way. I think the skill tree idea and customization of your spartan is much more likely in multiplayer than in campaign and I wouldn’t be surprised to see it come up in some way in multiplayer, but I would be surprised if it came up in campaign.

> 2535447175857524;5:
> > 2533274836669416;4:
> > > 2535447175857524;1:
> > >
>
> I admit I am being optimistic with my prediction. I dont think it will be an open world game though I do think it will have a lot of exploration and Easter eggs. I definitely think we will at least be fighting banished and prometheans. Cortana is still the main villain until she gets taken care of one way or another. The flood may or may not return, it is on zeta halo most likely, which makes me think they will in some way. I think the skill tree idea and customization of your spartan is much more likely in multiplayer than in campaign and I wouldn’t be surprised to see it come up in some way in multiplayer, but I would be surprised if it came up in campaign.

I’m not saying I don’t like what you’re saying though. Your story thoughts sound interesting but I have 0 clue if it’ll happen. I’d say 10-12 missions will probably be what I’d expect with maybe 10 hours of gameplay. Now if it’s a bigger world with like side missions, collectibles, EEs, etc, I could see 100% completion being closer to 20 hours.

I’ve removed what I don’t think is likely in the game IMO:

Features and gameplay:

• Halo Infinite will feature a campaign with 10-12 missions, with roughly 10 hours of playtime total.
  • BTB, and forge will be included on launch, along with 4v4 arena, super fiesta, 2v2 arena, warzone (now 32v32), firefight, and invasion.
  • playable elites will return in multiplayer.
  • Sprint, clamber, thrusters and slide will return as well as dual wielding and assassinations. Most other spartan abilities will be eliminated.
  • forge will be improved, to the point that forge maps will now be truly indistinguishable from dev made maps.
  • flighting will begin shortly after the july 23 reveal.

> 2533274836669416;6:
> > 2535447175857524;5:
> > > 2533274836669416;4:
> > > > 2535447175857524;1:
> > > >
> >
> > I admit I am being optimistic with my prediction. I dont think it will be an open world game though I do think it will have a lot of exploration and Easter eggs. I definitely think we will at least be fighting banished and prometheans. Cortana is still the main villain until she gets taken care of one way or another. The flood may or may not return, it is on zeta halo most likely, which makes me think they will in some way. I think the skill tree idea and customization of your spartan is much more likely in multiplayer than in campaign and I wouldn’t be surprised to see it come up in some way in multiplayer, but I would be surprised if it came up in campaign.
>
> I’m not saying I don’t like what you’re saying though. Your story thoughts sound interesting but I have 0 clue if it’ll happen. I’d say 10-12 missions will probably be what I’d expect with maybe 10 hours of gameplay. Now if it’s a bigger world with like side missions, collectibles, EEs, etc, I could see 100% completion being closer to 20 hours.
>
> I’ve removed what I don’t think is likely in the game IMO:
>
> Features and gameplay:
> - Halo Infinite will feature a campaign with 10-12 missions, with roughly 10 hours of playtime total.
> - BTB, and forge will be included on launch, along with 4v4 arena, super fiesta, 2v2 arena, warzone (now 32v32), firefight, and invasion.
> - playable elites will return in multiplayer.
> - Sprint, clamber, thrusters and slide will return as well as dual wielding and assassinations. Most other spartan abilities will be eliminated.
> - forge will be improved, to the point that forge maps will now be truly indistinguishable from dev made maps.
> - flighting will begin shortly after the july 23 reveal.

I agree that the campaign will probably take much longer if fully explored. I like what your saying and I agree with a lot of it. I’m not sure if it will have side missions but I could see it happening.

I’m convinced Maethrillian and Abaddon will play key roles in Infinite, due to the links with the Domain. The location for Maethrillian is also the only known logical reason for Blue Team to have been sent back to Reach (imo).

I sincerely hope Mendicant Bias finally plays a large part in the main story, however I’m still doubtful.

I agree that there will be a multiple-front war, and I also agree that Cortana, through warped reasoning, releases the flood.

I don’t however think that much if any of this game will take part before the Discover Hope teaser, I think the mainstay of this game will be fighting said multi-front conflict on/ for control of the ring and Humanity will ultimately fail, hence the needed trip to Maethrillian.

That said, I stopped trying to guess things too much when Halo 5 came out - that all seemed perfectly set up to go in one of many amazing directions…and it didn’t.

That would definitely be interesting to see maethrillian and or abaddon be involved. Would definitely take the story in the right direction and I could see them possibly being the only way to fight the guardians

We’ll definitely see a campaign demo and release date announcement, along with, hopefully a multiplayer trailer with an announcement for the start of flighting right after the event. I also hope we get some word on what the launch features will be, like confirmation that Forge, BTB and Infection will launch with the game and that Theatre gets good treatment. I’d also like it if the campaign demo was splitscreen but I seriously doubt it,

Since “huge open worlds” are the gaming industry’s favorite new thing, honestly I am expecting Far Cry: Halo edition. I’d love to be wrong but classic art style or no, 343 has been following the industry trends from CoD to “advanced mobility” and even the battle pass in MCC.

While I am on this cynical streak I also expect there to be a Battle Royale mode sometime after launch regardless of what they have said prior to launch. Though I don’t expect to see multiplayer at this event. Again I’d love to be wrong but 343 haven’t really earned the benefit of the doubt from me.

I’m guessing open world Halo ring, with missions all over. I’m guessing new ways of getting around (grappling hook or something) and lots of vehicles.

im hoping the allies are UNSC Army, because it would be nice to see instead of Marines again.

I think we will see more of what the guardians can do

I would expect longer than 10-12 hours for a campaign playthrough for a game titled Infinite. Like, twice that at least.

> 2535458940440268;12:
> I’m guessing open world Halo ring, with missions all over. I’m guessing new ways of getting around (grappling hook or something) and lots of vehicles.
>
> im hoping the allies are UNSC Army, because it would be nice to see instead of Marines again.

That would be interesting. I doubt we will get a fully open world game, but I could be wrong. I at least would like to see an open world like sandbox. Grappling hook has been rumored, if it does come up I’d be expecting it more for combat than movement, like in doom eternal. I wouldn’t be surprised if 343 uses a few doom eternal features because it did so well. And yeah seeing unsc army would be exciting for a change.

Honestly think that they may well start off straight where the E3 2019 trailer finished, especially if it’s part of the actual campaign.

Also, Blue team.

> 2533274799621457;16:
> Honestly think that they may well start off straight where the E3 2019 trailer finished, especially if it’s part of the actual campaign.
>
> Also, Blue team.

I could see that happening, I definitely think they will show one of the earlier missions to keep it as far from spoilers or major plot points as possible. And yeah blue team should definitely come back, and with some better character development this time through.

• No real idea what we’ll see. However if there is a NEW iteration of Created Warriors/Prometheans I believe we’ll see fighting them AND fighting the Banished. - If there are open world mechanics, we will be teased with them. - Sprint will NOT be returning. Instead, we will see a return of thrusters, clamber and equipment from Halo 3. - We’ll see new iterations of weapons, including a look at new weapons such as the megablocks shown automatic shotgun. - Master Chief will assassinate a poor grunt.

I think we will see a demo of a campaign mission but not the whole mission, we will also see a trailer for multiplayer but no multiplayer available at the present time.

As for what will be contained in this demo and multiplayer trailer I do not know, I think sprint and spartan abilities will in my opinion unfortunately remain but it’s what the rest of the industry is trying to push so 343 will continue to do the same.

We’re going to see new (or reintroduced) sandbox equipment and abilities i.e.: personal flight vehicle (similar to jetpack), brute hammer that grants a ground pound ability, grenade types acting like power drain etc.