Final Kill CAM in Halo 4?

Let me first explain that I love Halo to death and have played every Halo game made. I’ve earned the achievements for every game amidst some of them being pain stakingly not fun to achieve. Can anyone say “Running the Show” in Halo Wars.

Besides the point, Halo ODST, Wars, and Reach have been a nice change up for the last 5 years. Don’t get me wrong I’ve missed Chief tremendously and can’t wait for his return. Halo Reach just didn’t do it for me. Yes, I’ve logged countless hours playing it, but it has never brought me the countless joys that Halo 3 once did. Therefore, Halo 4 can’t get here soon enough! :stuck_out_tongue:

Finally to my point, a lot has been said about COD this and COD that. I honestly don’t see it, nor do I give a -Yoink-. It will be Halo and I will love it no matter what. But, if there is one thing that I would like to add to Halo from COD is a Final Kill Cam. Just think about it, final kills in Halo tend to be more exciting that COD, and I would love to see it happen. The numerous amounts of ways the final kill could be exciting.

TLDR-Final Kill Cam in Halo YAY or NAY?

Edit-On a side note, I absolutely don’t want a kill cam for every kill, just the end

That would be awesome but I don’t think it’s going to happen

I’d rather a Best Kill Cam.

It would be nice to have. I don’t see why not. It isn’t as big as having it in games such as battlefield because in Halo you have a theatre mode to show the kills of the game.

It isn’t even CoD’s idea so people can’t complain saying it ruins the game. There could be a compromise whereby one of the boosts/“perks”/AAs (whatever you want to call them) where you can have a kill cam like Battlefield’s where you don’t know exactly where they are, but there is enough info for you to have a good guess.

how about “dramatic final kill cam” Especially BA if you pull of a knife for the final kill. (easily skipped too)

lol not going to happen but it be cool

A final kill-cam would actually work much better in Halo then in CoD, because Halo generally has more… creative ways to die. I’m already imagining getting the final kill-cam and seeing myself perform an assassination or splatter in slow-mo.

Yeah, Halo should definitely introduce a final kill-cam.

But NOT a kill-cam for every death. Halo works just fine without that.

Yes, I agree. I don’t want a kill cam for every kill!

> I’d rather a Best Kill Cam.

How? Should everyone vote for the best kill cam at the very end or what…

> I’d rather a Best Kill Cam.

How about a compilation? So at the end of each game, you can either exit straight to the post game carnage report, then back in to MM, or you can stick around for a bit and watch a small 10 second montage of things like the final kill, longest snipe, longest stick, highest multi kill etc.

It’s these “Halo moments” which make the game what it is, and this would be a pretty good way of showing them.

Thats a feature very well suited for Halo. Stupid not to add something like that just because another game had it first. Especially if thats the only reason. It isnt super important but it’s a neat addition along the lines of importance as assasination animation.

I think it would hurt halo in terms of its popularity. People will just say that its becoming like another game. Halo needs to create new features that are unique to itself.

How about a best play in the game cam at the end?

If the game could tell you what was the most impressive actions (mathematically) and have a cam for that action at the end of the game.

such as…

-insane distance sticks
-impressive mutikills
-no scopes
-death escapes
so on and so on.

That’s most original i believe

> I think it would hurt halo in terms of its popularity. People will just say that its becoming like another game. Halo needs to create new features that are unique to itself.

If the game could tell you what was the most impressive actions (mathematically) and have a cam for that action at the end of the game.

such as…

-insane distance sticks
-impressive mutikills
-no scopes
-death escapes
so on and so on.

That’s original i believe

sorry for the dub post

this is something cod actually does right and i think it would be great in Halo. i’m against uneven starts and most of the other cod gimmicks that they have copied so far but i hope they actually take this since it doesnt affect gameplay and adds to the entertainment value.

> Let me first explain that I love Halo to death and have played every Halo game made. I’ve earned the achievements for every game amidst some of them being pain stakingly not fun to achieve. Can anyone say “Running the Show” in Halo Wars.
>
> Besides the point, Halo ODST, Wars, and Reach have been a nice change up for the last 5 years. Don’t get me wrong I’ve missed Chief tremendously and can’t wait for his return. Halo Reach just didn’t do it for me. Yes, I’ve logged countless hours playing it, but it has never brought me the countless joys that Halo 3 once did. Therefore, Halo 4 can’t get here soon enough! :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> Finally to my point, a lot has been said about COD this and COD that. I honestly don’t see it, nor do I give a Yoink!. It will be Halo and I will love it no matter what. But, if there is one thing that I would like to add to Halo from COD is a Final Kill Cam. Just think about it, final kills in Halo tend to be more exciting that COD, and I would love to see it happen. The numerous amounts of ways the final kill could be exciting.
>
> TLDR-Final Kill Cam in Halo YAY or NAY?
>
> Edit-On a side note, I absolutely don’t want a kill cam for every kill, just the end

I would rather they show the highest multikill cam. Show the longest streak whether it’s a double, triple, etc.

> > I’d rather a Best Kill Cam.
>
> How? Should everyone vote for the best kill cam at the very end or what…

Kills get rated by a relatively simple algorithm which gives each kill a point score based on medals earned. It would also weigh in style factors such as vehicles flipping before a splatter, distance of no-scope, the length travelled and number of deflections a sticky grenade takes before attaching to an enemy, et cetera. At the end of the match, the highest-rated kill is shown with gamertag prominently displayed for bragging rights.

I’m not saying there will ever be a 100% perfect computer program to determine the most aesthetically pleasing moment of a match. But it’d be reasonably simple for somebody at 343 to knock up a program that at least pick out respectable clips, as opposed to showing whatever the final clip happens to be, which will (on average) be utterly average.

Edit: just a quick note to say I like Jackal Stew’s idea of a (skippable) montage of the highest-rated clips being shown afterwards.