Fileshare wipe problem

So as the title says it’s been a huge problem since season 8. My whole file share was wiped and still is. I tried making space in my private files( cause 50 is DEFFO enough for the amount of games we have on the collection) and it wiped them again. I’ve lost a couple maps me and my friends made that were fun. I don’t get why each update is breaking stuff. I wish we had more space as we don’t really need a custom games browser as that’s LFGs job but a custom map browser for maps and game modes (like halo 5) would be perfect and more space means while this bug (hopefully) gets fixed we would have more space for the time being. It’s frustrating as a host for custom games and a map maker to have this be a huge problem. It’s not a me issue either multiple people big forgers have had it too and has made it much harder to find maps in fileshares. Need a huge fix ASAP.

Personally I don’t like having all those temp files. Example: Maps, Map Variants, Video’s ETC ETC. I save all of my Maps and Variants in private only. I wrote a batch file that will delete all the temp files all at the same time in all the temp areas. It helps to keeps the drive space to a minimum.

It’s a really bad issue. To anyone who has had their personal file share wiped please send in a support ticket to 343i.
https://aka.ms/HaloSupport

> 2535458927244316;2:
> Personally I don’t like having all those temp files. Example: Maps, Map Variants, Video’s ETC ETC. I save all of my Maps and Variants in private only. I wrote a batch file that will delete all the temp files all at the same time in all the temp areas. It helps to keeps the drive space to a minimum.

You’re completely misunderstanding what the OP is talking about. OP may be a console player who cannot even do that, but other PC players don’t even need to do that and this issue is not related to the small amounts of space that maps and gametypes take up. It’s the theater files that take up space. 50 gametypes and 50 maps may not even go above 3 MB.

On PC the limit of 50 gametypes and 50 maps can be gotten around arbitrarily and without consequence. (I recommend closing the game before adding or deleting files.) Put the maps and gametypes where the “built-in” ones go and you can have an unlimited amount. On console, players are literally completely limited to what they have had saved and what is in their fileshare. There is no other way to save things except if they make another Xbox Live account and save data to that second account. This limits them to 50 local maps, 50 local gametypes, and 150 files in the cloud. Season 8 wiped the cloud storage “fileshare” for some people. It’s not universal, but that’s really bad.

> 2535421897822756;3:
> It’s a really bad issue. To anyone who has had their personal file share wiped please send in a support ticket to 343i.
> https://aka.ms/HaloSupport
>
>
>
>
> > 2535458927244316;2:
> > Personally I don’t like having all those temp files. Example: Maps, Map Variants, Video’s ETC ETC. I save all of my Maps and Variants in private only. I wrote a batch file that will delete all the temp files all at the same time in all the temp areas. It helps to keeps the drive space to a minimum.
>
> You’re completely misunderstanding what the OP is talking about. OP may be a console player who cannot even do that, but other PC players don’t even need to do that and this issue is not related to the small amounts of space that maps and gametypes take up. It’s the theater files that take up space. 50 gametypes and 50 maps may not even go above 3 MB.
>
> On PC the limit of 50 gametypes and 50 maps can be gotten around arbitrarily and without consequence. (I recommend closing the game before adding or deleting files.) Put the maps and gametypes where the “built-in” ones go and you can have an unlimited amount. On console, players are literally completely limited to what they have had saved and what is in their fileshare. There is no other way to save things except if they make another Xbox Live account and save data to that second account. This limits them to 50 local maps, 50 local gametypes, and 150 files in the cloud. Season 8 wiped the cloud storage “fileshare” for some people. It’s not universal, but that’s really bad.

Maybe I missunderstood but I like having a batch file that will delete all the temp files from of all of the games at the same time. I like keeping it clean!

Good news! Check your fileshares. This issue may have been fixed!