File Sharing on Halo Channel & etc.

I’m somewhat new to giving good feedback, so pardon the mess.

I honestly think Halo Channel should be put to much better use if it was also a File Sharing system for The Master Chief Collection, it would satisfy the part of the community who works in Forge and Custom Games and here’s my thoughts on it.

File Browsing System: This system could be split into multiple sections like you would the Terminals, each one allowing you to download maps to Halo 2 Anniversary, Halo 3 and Halo 4 depending on what you wanted to do.

Halo Channel should be a HUGE community app that not only shows the TV shows and stuff, but be able to work along side the Halo games, even Halo 5 could be implemented into this system.

As for problems within the Master Chief Collection, I have a few ideas on that aswell.

Matchmaking Problems: I’m not sure how other people feel about this, but I’ve found problems loading into a game, usually with Halo 3 or Halo 4 maps, as soon as the maps voted for (another thing I’ll get to next) I get kicked from the match as soon as it starts, same with other players, leaving the game very small and uneven, I’ve seen Titanfall use a system where it fills in the empty slots when someone leaves the match and I feel that could be useful to TMCC.

As for the Voting system, Its been very buggy as of late where a match is fully voted for and when the game starts, it switches the map that was least voted for, an example I went through is I voted for Snowbound and suddenly was put in The Pit when Snowbound won the most votes.

Forge: I’ve been having troubles with the map Awash where I go back into a Forge session and the lighting is very dark, I go in and out of monitor mode to fix the lighting, thinking that I must have done something wrong when switching to player mode, but found out that it wasn’t on my end, a lot of my maps become ruined cause the lighting is so off its hard to play on the map effectively.

Some of the objects even in Forge are also a bit bland, don’t get me wrong, I can make it work, but a few of the Terrain pieces lag the game and its hard to make an effective map that isn’t effected by this.

Also the Performance System is great, but the map budget is very small compared to that of Halo Reach (As far as I know with Forge World)

Anyways, I hope this feedback helps a bit with the game and I’m happy to be a part of this community :slight_smile:

I completely agree with EVERYTHING in your post. I love the idea of Halo Channel being this larger community hub for map/screenshot/video sharing, but I’d also like to see a file share implemented into MCC in-game. The problem you have on Awash is what I’m calling “waiting for the sun to rise”, and to be honest I’m not sure why it’s even happening. A major issue I’m having in forge is when I forge with multiple people, when we get to above 450ish objects they are thrown into a “generating lighting” screen, and then they’re stuck there. I’d like to see this fixed ASAP because I love to forge with other people, and when I have to finish a half made map by myself because no one else can sync to the map then there’s an issue.

> 2533274843688196;2:
> I completely agree with EVERYTHING in your post. I love the idea of Halo Channel being this larger community hub for map/screenshot/video sharing, but I’d also like to see a file share implemented into MCC in-game. The problem you have on Awash is what I’m calling “waiting for the sun to rise”, and to be honest I’m not sure why it’s even happening. A major issue I’m having in forge is when I forge with multiple people, when we get to above 450ish objects they are thrown into a “generating lighting” screen, and then they’re stuck there. I’d like to see this fixed ASAP because I love to forge with other people, and when I have to finish a half made map by myself because no one else can sync to the map then there’s an issue.

I’m so used to Forging by myself so I’ve never had that problem, but I think Halo Channel should be a bigger hub the Waypoint was supposed to be, not only include canon snippets and movie/TV shows, but also allow the community as a whole to download maps for all these games and bring the community even closer.

TMCC also needs to be 100% working before any of this can be implemented, so I ask that the folks who play this game just be patient with 343industries, its a long road, but they’ll get there

Anyone else have thoughts on this, I don’t mean to bump this thread and apologize in advance

> 2533274807399716;1:
> Forge: I’ve been having troubles with the map Awash where I go back into a Forge session and the lighting is very dark, I go in and out of monitor mode to fix the lighting, thinking that I must have done something wrong when switching to player mode, but found out that it wasn’t on my end, a lot of my maps become ruined cause the lighting is so off its hard to play on the map effectively.
>
> Also the Performance System is great, but the map budget is very small compared to that of Halo Reach (As far as I know with Forge World)

I’ve put in well over 200 hours of forging in MCC. Looks like you are unaware that the main problem with the H2A forge is related to high object count maps, as they won’t load with medium-large lobbies. Awash lighting bug is just a nuisance in comparison. Also, the performance system is not great. With many maps the performance meter shows no issues yet you can’t even play the map. Maybe it will have value after this next patch. Here’s two good threads about the high object count issue:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/92b5c5cfee994e7299608301a6b2eb11/topics/forge-object-limitations/8a85cfef-2e0a-42f2-b76f-e3126d747e6d/posts

http://www.forgehub.com/threads/object-count-limitations.148146/