File Share (Has this been discussed yet??)

Back in the days of Halo 3’s prime, every time I sat in the pregame lobby I would look at everyone’s fileshare and view their awesome (and/or mediocre) screenshots and maybe download a few maps or film clips. It became a ritual for me, but when Halo Reach made it’s debut, I became annoyed when I learned I couldn’t see other’s stuff. SO, my point is, 343i, you should make the fileshare viewable in pregame lobbies again, along with quickening the loading times of accessing the screenshots. Of course, that is, if the fileshare is making it’s return (and I’m almost certain it will be). Thoughts? Suggestions?

> SO, my point is, 343i, you should make the fileshare viewable in pregame lobbies again

The File Share is blocked to ensure that nobody misses the map vote. If 343 makes it accessible pre-game in Halo 4, they will need to find some way to stop it from making people miss the vote.

I do agree that it was fun going through people’s File Shares back in Halo 3 and seeing what they’d made. Though considering the content of Reach’s Most Recommended lists, all you’d probably find today would be trash… D:

> > SO, my point is, 343i, you should make the fileshare viewable in pregame lobbies again
>
> The File Share is blocked to ensure that nobody misses the map vote. If 343 makes it accessible pre-game in Halo 4, they will need to find some way to stop it from making people miss the vote.
>
> I do agree that it was fun going through people’s File Shares back in Halo 3 and seeing what they’d made. Though considering the content of Reach’s Most Recommended lists, all you’d probably find today would be trash… D:

Who really cares about missing the vote? If I miss the vote in Halo 3 by looking another player’s file share, it’s my own fault. I really could sacrifice my voting ability just to be able to see other people’s file shares in pre-game lobby because until that happens, your file share is basically useless unless you advertise it or recommend all your files to people.

> Who really cares about missing the vote?

Who really cares about seeing File Shares in the pre-game lobby?

> until that happens, your file share is basically useless unless you advertise it or recommend all your files to people.

You’re talking about advertising as if it’s difficult. It’s not. The hordes of screaming man-children that have gotten their infantile, racist, sexist, scammy trash into Most Downloaded would probably agree with me here.

Missing a vote?

Does it really matter? Everyone who plays Reach knows the map voted on no matter what will be Sword Base or Countdown.

Sooooo hope the new Halo: CE maps are awesome enough stop the 24/7 of Sword Base or Countdown.

Boring.

> > Who really cares about missing the vote?
>
> Who really cares about seeing File Shares in the pre-game lobby?

Many people, including me.

> > until that happens, your file share is basically useless unless you advertise it or recommend all your files to people.
>
> You’re talking about advertising as if it’s difficult. It’s not. The hordes of screaming man-children that have gotten their infantile, racist, sexist, scammy trash into Most Downloaded would probably agree with me here.

In Halo 3, I have a screenshot that has over 1,200 downloads, it got about 500 downloads in the course of a one year in my file share. In Halo Reach, I have had a screenshot in file share nearly a year, it has 30 downloads. Never once did I need to recommend or advertise the Halo 3 screenshot, people downloaded it because it was something to cheer up their day while waiting the game to start, not because the description told them to.

I could very well ditch the whole most downloaded/most recommended feature for the ability to be able to look file shares in pre-game lobby and maybe something similar to Bungie favorites, at least in Bungie favorites you could actually find quality content and even in pre-game lobbies it was at least as common as perverted anime screenshots, machinima advertisement screenshots and unlimited credit glitch scam videos/maps/gametypes.

In Halo Reach if I go to most downloaded, I usually get one of the aforementioned type of files dependent do I go to screenshots, films, maps or gametypes. The amount of quality content is 5% of all those files combined of the first 50 files. In Halo 3 I at least content that was fun to look at every game and the amount of immature content was ten times smaller.

There are more important changes that need to be made to the file share, such as:

• A way to update a map or game-type on your file share, without removing the DL and like count

• File set from console.
• Categorising (preset, unlike tagging).

• Searching for content easier and more efficient

• Ability to set a graphical representation of a map (rather than Reachs static Forge world icon).