File Share files gone?

I recently noticed that all of my file share files were gone, luckily they were still stored privately so I just reuploaded them.
A few days later I saw that my file share had every file doubled, I assume that’s because I reuploaded the files and the old ones came back?
Now my file share is empty again… I have not deleted MCC or my profile or anything like that, please let me know if anyone can help.

> 2533274937003153;1:
> I recently noticed that all of my file share files were gone, luckily they were still stored privately so I just reuploaded them.
> A few days later I saw that my file share had every file doubled, I assume that’s because I reuploaded the files and the old ones came back?
> Now my file share is empty again… I have not deleted MCC or my profile or anything like that, please let me know if anyone can help.

Well as far as I know it does not not work. Now you really don’t need file share anymore. Why? All you have have to do is get on a server of the map you want and then leave the server and the map will be in your temp files area. So what is the point of have a private files area when people can get your maps by just going on a server and get the map? Sorry I really don’t understand the logic to that at all.

> 2535409080107840;2:
> > 2533274937003153;1:
> > I recently noticed that all of my file share files were gone, luckily they were still stored privately so I just reuploaded them.
> > A few days later I saw that my file share had every file doubled, I assume that’s because I reuploaded the files and the old ones came back?
> > Now my file share is empty again… I have not deleted MCC or my profile or anything like that, please let me know if anyone can help.
>
> Well as far as I know it does not not work. Now you really don’t need file share anymore. Why? All you have have to do is get on a server of the map you want and then leave the server and the map will be in your temp files area. So what is the point of have a private files area when people can get your maps by just going on a server and get the map? Sorry I really don’t understand the logic to that at all.

OK so I make my own map and I want to save it forever the only place is for it to be in my file share so that if I get a new Xbox I can re-download it, if it was just in my private files it would be lost

> 2533274937003153;3:
> > 2535409080107840;2:
> > > 2533274937003153;1:
> > > I recently noticed that all of my file share files were gone, luckily they were still stored privately so I just reuploaded them.
> > > A few days later I saw that my file share had every file doubled, I assume that’s because I reuploaded the files and the old ones came back?
> > > Now my file share is empty again… I have not deleted MCC or my profile or anything like that, please let me know if anyone can help.
> >
> > Well as far as I know it does not not work. Now you really don’t need file share anymore. Why? All you have have to do is get on a server of the map you want and then leave the server and the map will be in your temp files area. So what is the point of have a private files area when people can get your maps by just going on a server and get the map? Sorry I really don’t understand the logic to that at all.
>
> OK so I make my own map and I want to save it forever the only place is for it to be in my file share so that if I get a new Xbox I can re-download it, if it was just in my private files it would be lost

If you have the steam version of Halo MCC what I do is Copy My MCC folder and put the folder on a different SSD or HD.

• Here is where your MCC folder is: C:\Users\YOUR NAME\AppData\LocalLow - Note: you will have to be able to set your settings to see Hidden Files. - That way you will be able to save all of your maps. I have 48 versions of my MCC folder with dates. I modded a lot of maps. Some bad some good but I keep them all.
    Let’s say you deleted a map by accident no problem. Just delete your MCC folder and replace with your backup copy of your MCC folder and your back in business. Works for me! Hope that helps!

> 2535409080107840;4:
> > 2533274937003153;3:
> > > 2535409080107840;2:
> > > > 2533274937003153;1:
> > > > I recently noticed that all of my file share files were gone, luckily they were still stored privately so I just reuploaded them.
> > > > A few days later I saw that my file share had every file doubled, I assume that’s because I reuploaded the files and the old ones came back?
> > > > Now my file share is empty again… I have not deleted MCC or my profile or anything like that, please let me know if anyone can help.
> > >
> > > Well as far as I know it does not not work. Now you really don’t need file share anymore. Why? All you have have to do is get on a server of the map you want and then leave the server and the map will be in your temp files area. So what is the point of have a private files area when people can get your maps by just going on a server and get the map? Sorry I really don’t understand the logic to that at all.
> >
> > OK so I make my own map and I want to save it forever the only place is for it to be in my file share so that if I get a new Xbox I can re-download it, if it was just in my private files it would be lost
>
> If you have the steam version of Halo MCC what I do is Copy My MCC folder and put the folder on a different SSD or HD.
> - Here is where your MCC folder is: C:\Users\YOUR NAME\AppData\LocalLow - Note: you will have to be able to set your settings to see Hidden Files. - That way you will be able to save all of your maps. I have 48 versions of my MCC folder with dates. I modded a lot of maps. Some bad some good but I keep them all.
> Let’s say you deleted a map by accident no problem. Just delete your MCC folder and replace with your backup copy of your MCC folder and your back in business. Works for me! Hope that helps!

Thank you, that sounds like a good idea and I appreciate your help, however for the time being I am on Xbox. I believe the issue is a glitch with the MCC and the files are actually there but just not visible at times.

Hello Ross 9o4

I am glad I seen your post. I was playing Halo MCC on the new Xbox series X and all my file share was completely gone. What a rage I was in.

So after looking for help and reading your post. I was fortunate to copy the MCC folder in my APPDATA folder and backed it up. I loaded up Halo MCC on Windows 11 and all my stuff from file share is still in the system. Really glad its now backed up so I’ll reset the Xbox Series X local save and hope this corrects the issue for next time (Thanks to now backing up the PC files)

Many thanks.

I’ve had this problem happen once. I assume this is just a data retrieval problem. Your files are still there, they’re just not appearing.
However, I have heard of people who’s File Share files have never reappeared to this day… so what do I know!?
Just to stay safe, have alternate profiles at your disposal to keep your maps and gametypes duplicated and safe. I’ve had this system save my bacon a few times now.