File Browser working date finally!

According to bsangel on the last Update:

From o Nondual o: Any new news about when the File Share system will become available?

Yes! We have updates about two things we’re currently working on in regard to the Halo 4 File Share.
• <mark>In-game search</mark>: We expect the in-game search feature to come online at the end of January (<mark>the 29th specifically).</mark>
• <mark>Web File Share</mark>: The Halo 4 File Share is coming to the web version of Halo Waypoint <mark>in late February.</mark>

OFFTOPIC: See, community? Give 343i some time and they will fix Halo 4.

Step 1: Add playlists. Done.
Step 2: File Browser. Done.

More steps to come!

It’s tucked away in the News forum section but thanks for the heads up mate. Good news to have.

While I’m thankful they are working on it, it should have been up and running when the game was released.

> While I’m thankful they are working on it, it should have been up and running when the game was released.

Better late than never.

> It’s tucked away in the News forum section but thanks for the heads up mate. Good news to have.

Well, news goes in the News section, right? :wink:

Thanks goodness, I have seen some incredible maps, remakes, gametypes via youtube but they are a pain in the keester to find and download.

Yeah, too little, too late imo. End of Febuary before we get web access? Thats really a lol moment. Nearly 5 months after release before we get a day 1 feature of previous Halo titles.

Epic Fail.

That’s good, I’ve been wanting to get some maps.

> Yeah, too little, too late imo. End of Febuary before we get web access? Thats really a lol moment. Nearly 5 months after release before we get a day 1 feature of previous Halo titles.
>
> Epic Fail.

Five Months? When did you get your game?

Halo 4 has only been out for two months.

> > Yeah, too little, too late imo. End of Febuary before we get web access? Thats really a lol moment. Nearly 5 months after release before we get a day 1 feature of previous Halo titles.
> >
> > Epic Fail.
>
> Five Months? When did you get your game?
>
> Halo 4 has only been out for two months.

Nov 6 release date.

Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb>end is four months, and it wont be till the end of Feb at the earliest without any snags in between then and now. I fully expect them to miss the feb date as they have yet to show any real competance in working to a deadline.

So that will be nearly 5 months at this rate. Completely pathetic for a day 1 feature of previous halo titles. How badly do you have to screw something up for it not to work properly on release day, when the very same feature was already built and working pretty bloody well already?

As much as I like halo as a game, it still doesnt stop me from realising that 343 are terrible at what they do. Personally I blame management for not nixing the idea of changing it (fileshare) in the first place. It takes a real leader to say no to change just for changes sake. Sadly 343 do not have this quality.

> > > Yeah, too little, too late imo. End of Febuary before we get web access? Thats really a lol moment. Nearly 5 months after release before we get a day 1 feature of previous Halo titles.
> > >
> > > Epic Fail.
> >
> > Five Months? When did you get your game?
> >
> > Halo 4 has only been out for two months.
>
> Nov 6 release date.
>
> Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb>end is four months, and it wont be till the end of Feb at the earliest without any snags in between then and now. I fully expect them to miss the feb date as they have yet to show any real competance in working to a deadline.
>
> So that will be nearly 5 months at this rate. Completely pathetic for a day 1 feature of previous halo titles. How badly do you have to screw something up for it not to work properly on release day, when the very same feature was already built and working pretty bloody well already?
>
> As much as I like halo as a game, it still doesnt stop me from realising that 343 are terrible at what they do. Personally I blame management for not nixing the idea of changing it (fileshare) in the first place. It takes a real leader to say no to change just for changes sake. Sadly 343 do not have this quality.

Though I do know how much a bummer is, at least learn to count.

Nov.6-Dec.6-Jan.6-Jan.29=/= 5 months. This is almost 3.

At the same time, they already announced a TU sometime in febuary. That is a little over 3 months time for a 2nd title update(First one was to fix actual game-breaking glitches such as instant reload for the Boltshot and players going through walls on Complex and Haven back in December).

Not defending 343, but please learn to count.

> > > > Yeah, too little, too late imo. End of Febuary before we get web access? Thats really a lol moment. Nearly 5 months after release before we get a day 1 feature of previous Halo titles.
> > > >
> > > > Epic Fail.
> > >
> > > Five Months? When did you get your game?
> > >
> > > Halo 4 has only been out for two months.
> >
> > Nov 6 release date.
> >
> > Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb>end is four months, and it wont be till the end of Feb at the earliest without any snags in between then and now. I fully expect them to miss the feb date as they have yet to show any real competance in working to a deadline.
> >
> > So that will be nearly 5 months at this rate. Completely pathetic for a day 1 feature of previous halo titles. How badly do you have to screw something up for it not to work properly on release day, when the very same feature was already built and working pretty bloody well already?
> >
> > As much as I like halo as a game, it still doesnt stop me from realising that 343 are terrible at what they do. Personally I blame management for not nixing the idea of changing it (fileshare) in the first place. It takes a real leader to say no to change just for changes sake. Sadly 343 do not have this quality.
>
> Though I do know how much a bummer is, at least learn to count.
>
> Nov.6-Dec.6-Jan.6-Jan.29=/= 5 months. This is almost 3.
>
> At the same time, they already announced a TU sometime in febuary. That is a little over 3 months time for a 2nd title update(First one was to fix actual game-breaking glitches such as instant reload for the Boltshot and players going through walls on Complex and Haven back in December).
>
> Not defending 343, but please learn to count.

I wasn’t talking about fileshare browsing (end Jan). I was and did specifically refer to web access to fileshare, which is in late Feb as stated. Thats 4 months, plus I fully expect a delay due to incompetance and that will make it nearly 5 months.

And 3 months for a second TU in a supposedly AAA title is frankly pathetic. Especially considering CoD as its main rival has done TU’s out the wazzoo for its releases, at last count MW3 has had 23 updates in one year. BO2 has had three already.

No really; Activision | Activision Forums Are Shutting Down

Two updates in 4 months for Halo4 is not good enough, no good enough by a long shot.

Instead of mistakenly insulting my counting, how about you actualy read what I typed eh?

Yes, and by the time they “fix” everything Halo 5 will have been out.

A game needs 23 title updates and you think this is a good thing? Wow, just wow 0_o

> A game needs 23 title updates and you think this is a good thing? Wow, just wow 0_o

The fact that it was supported by so many updates is a good thing. Would you prefer this or other games to be like Crysis 2 which got two minor TU’s in the first 3 months and then dropped all support with critical game flaws still active? I know I sure as hell dont.

It should have been there in the first place.

> Yeah, too little, too late imo. End of Febuary before we get web access? Thats really a lol moment. Nearly 5 months after release before we get a day 1 feature of previous Halo titles.
>
> Epic Fail.

What are you complaining for? It’s we now know when it’s gonna be working stop making all of us look bad with such a negative attitude.

> > Yeah, too little, too late imo. End of Febuary before we get web access? Thats really a lol moment. Nearly 5 months after release before we get a day 1 feature of previous Halo titles.
> >
> > Epic Fail.
>
> What are you complaining for? It’s we now know when it’s gonna be working stop making all of us look bad with such a negative attitude.

As a customer I have a right to complain about missing features that were advertised as “standard” right out of the box. Not all of us are mindless sheep to never complain.

If you want to be “impressed” that a day 1 feature is still not working, and wont be working till end of feb at the earliest thats fine. But I as a paying customer have the right to be critical of 343i’s failure to deliver on what was stated as part of the product.

> > A game needs 23 title updates and you think this is a good thing? Wow, just wow 0_o
>
> The fact that it was supported by so many updates is a good thing. Would you prefer this or other games to be like Crysis 2 which got two minor TU’s in the first 3 months and then dropped all support with critical game flaws still active? I know I sure as hell dont.

It’s the fact that it’s needed, on average, 2 updates per month to fix glitches and mods that concerns me. No, I do no consider this a good thing. It’s been stated elsewhere, but I’ll mention this here - Halo 4’s TU will be released in a shorter timescale than any other Halo game, not to mention the fixes that have already been put int place.

Secondly, pushing updates is not an easy thing to do - I’m a software/web developer myself :wink: If you don’t take time to properly test updates, you fall into the risk of never ending patches. You can’t just slap code together and hope it works, you need to make sure you’re not introducing new bugs.

Of course, no software is or can be 100% perfect and bug free. It’s an impossibility. There are also issues that can simply never be fixed. i.e. You would have to re-write a significant portion of the code base to resolve the bug.

> > > Yeah, too little, too late imo. End of Febuary before we get web access? Thats really a lol moment. Nearly 5 months after release before we get a day 1 feature of previous Halo titles.
> > >
> > > Epic Fail.
> >
> > What are you complaining for? It’s we now know when it’s gonna be working stop making all of us look bad with such a negative attitude.
>
> As a customer I have a right to complain about missing features that were advertised as “standard” right out of the box. Not all of us are mindless sheep to never complain.
>
> If you want to be “impressed” that a day 1 feature is still not working, and wont be working till end of feb at the earliest thats fine. But I as a paying customer have the right to be critical of 343i’s failure to deliver on what was stated as part of the product.

Let me ask you… When and where was it advertised that the File Share system would be working flawlessly out of the box? I don’t remember them spewing out such a claim at all prior to Halo 4’s release. Having something be expected is not the same thing as being advertised.