FFA Tournament was kind of a let down, Here's why

Believe me, i am not really complaining, this is more of a critique, and i’d love to hear some feedback…

First off, im a decent halo player, far from the best, but i’ve had some pretty incredible moments playing this game… And i really do LOVE this game… The gameplay is the best i’ve experienced in a long time, and i’ve been been around since Halo: CE… I don’t really play any other games, i bought my xbox one pretty much just for halo, i’m never bored by it, and the multiplayer is always a different experience everytime i play…

That being said, I went into the tournament knowing that i would lose… Which is fine, i know there are many people much higher in skill than I. But i do have a few comments about the FFA setup in general, the rules, the map, etc.

First off, FFA is chaotic, it always has been. I remember it used to be called RUMBLE PIT, which is a more appropriate name i think. The chaos is part of the fun. The tournament itself used HCS standards, and to me that is one of the problems. Only pistols, no secondary weapon. I get it, the pistol is strong, and by not having an assault rifle as a secondary weapon its supposed to balance things out, but to me this is where the flaw is. How many times have you played free for all, and you and another person are battling it out, you drain each other’s shields, and then a dude comes out of nowhere and pops you both in the head receiving a double kill? Nearly every game this happens, bc FFA is chaotic, it’s supposed to be, so why eliminate weapons from the sandbox? Part of playing halo is knowing how to use every weapon in the sandbox, why create these weapons to begin with if we can’t use them? Splinter grenades are eliminated as well, again i ask, why? Are things really so out of balance when these weapons are available to us on the map?? I disagree, bc again I reiterate, part of playing Halo is using all of the weaponry. It gives people the opportunity to catch up if someone takes an early lead.

And my second criticism is of the map choice… TRUTH… again, i feel like 343 made all of these other maps, but the only map that the FFA tournament was held on was truth… Why? When you play FFA the maps are selected at random… The HCS games held on a professional level are on at least 3 different maps, so why is the FFA tournament only held on Truth? I dunno, i just feel like we spent the last 2 years playing on a ton of different maps, why would the tourney be held on one? And truth for that matter lol… The most terrible of all maps…

Anyways, would love to hear opinions from anyone that participated or anyone who may have comments, live long… play halo…

It used HCS rules? Now I don’t regret not being able to make it, the closest ones to me were an hour and a half drive away for all 3 locations in my state, I really need 343 to finish balancing the AR for tournaments so I can actually stand a remote chance at them.

There’s a feedback thread for the FFA stuff kicking around that you can use.