FFA Throwback, Not Good Enough

There is still no FFA slayer gametype that is acceptable on this game. I wont be playing Throwback as i think its rediculous that Regiside is even in the game. Bring back slayer into FFA throwback so i can watch the numbers slowly die out of easily the most disgusting gametypes in FPS history.

Agreed, it should have been slayer, oddball and KotH. I really don’t know why 343 won’t mix slayer and objective games in playlists.

Ever play Halo 3? Remember what Throwback was? Oddball and KotH, no Slayer. As far as Regicide, if it’s your opinion that it’s ‘disgusting’, you’re not being forced to play it.

^^ He gets it.

No ones forcing anyone to play any gametype, heck no one held a gun to your head and forced you to even buy the game. I understand the whole “criticism is needed” stance. But there’s a difference between criticism and what I see going on around here lately.

You know what happens when the community gets everything they want? Reach happens, Armor lock happens and games stagnate and die.

> Ever play Halo 3? Remember what Throwback was? Oddball and KotH, no Slayer. As far as Regicide, if it’s your opinion that it’s ‘disgusting’, you’re not being forced to play it.

Sorry was throwback ranked? Im pretty sure Lonewolves was the ranked FFA in halo 3. Lonewolves was one of my favourite gametypes. I know im not being forced to play it, but im forced to either play Regiside if i want a terrible 1v7 terrible jugganaught attempt at ffa slayer OR, not play one of my favourite gametypes as its not even available to play in this game.

> Ever play Halo 3? Remember what Throwback was? Oddball and KotH, no Slayer. As far as Regicide, if it’s your opinion that it’s ‘disgusting’, you’re not being forced to play it.

Oh you are right, I totally forgot about throwback in Halo 3. Makes sense than in Halo 4 the way it is. I still wish there was normal FFA slayer though, because regicide is not my favorite FFA gametype.

Agreed. This is not “throwback” at all. I’ve never met a single person who liked objective FFA.

It won’t work well without strong grenades anyway. It will turn into 5 players running around in a circle on the hill trying to kill each other with assault rifles like crazy chickens.

Do they not realize that even bad players will be bored with that in 2 weeks???

you’re not forced to play regicide…obviously not but since h2 we’ve had ffa. and if your going to try and tell me that a playlist, that exists in a game of winners and losers, that makes it possible for the better player to outperform everyone in the game and still lose is a good thing, well you’re just wrong. this stopped being subjective opinion as soon as the announcer said lost the lead.

> ^^ He gets it.
>
> No ones forcing anyone to play any gametype, heck no one held a gun to your head and forced you to even buy the game. I understand the whole “criticism is needed” stance. But there’s a difference between criticism and what I see going on around here lately.
>
> You know what happens when the community gets everything they want? Reach happens, Armor lock happens and games stagnate and die.

Please dont make comments when you have incorrect information. The community (and by community i mean the people who loved halo 1/2/3 muitplayer which was obviously the community at the time), did NOT want ANY of the DRASTIC changes that were in Reach. Bungie did that to bring in all of the people who didnt really like Halo such as the CoD/BF3 players.

reach is the result of trying to make the most money by appealing to a more general and larger audience.

> you’re not forced to play regicide…obviously not but since h2 we’ve had ffa. and if your going to try and tell me that a playlist, that exists in a game of winners and losers, that makes it possible for the better player to outperform everyone in the game and still lose is a good thing, well you’re just wrong. this stopped being subjective opinion as soon as the announcer said lost the lead.

FFA slayer, my suggestion to replace regiside.

While I agree that regicide isn’t the best attempt at FFA in the world bear in mind the game has been in our hands for 18 days now, that’s hardly enough time to come up with comprehensive fixes to every issue, and before you blast me with how it should have been perfect at launch lets face it, no game is perfect at launch anymore.

The reason things are taking so long to smooth out is the simple matter that a good game producer doesn’t want to end up like the boy with his finger in the -Yoink-, plugging one hole only for another to open up. Eventually they would run out of fingers and have a terribly broken game that would just be beyond repair.

When you look at it like that wouldn’t you rather hold your horses and wait for a comprehensive update to both mechanics and playlists?

Obviously no one is forcing us to play it, but it’s really not that difficult to release an FFA playlist with no armor abilities, weapons on map, and no loadouts utilizing classic gametypes such as KoTH, Slayer, and Oddball.

It’s seriously not that difficult.
Shishka would have gotten this -Yoink- done instantly.

> While I agree that regicide isn’t the best attempt at FFA in the world bear in mind the game has been in our hands for 18 days now, that’s hardly enough time to come up with comprehensive fixes to every issue, and before you blast me with how it should have been perfect at launch lets face it, no game is perfect at launch anymore.
>
> The reason things are taking so long to smooth out is the simple matter that a good game producer doesn’t want to end up like the boy with his finger in the -Yoink!-, plugging one hole only for another to open up. Eventually they would run out of fingers and have a terribly broken game that would just be beyond repair.
>
> When you look at it like that wouldn’t you rather hold your horses and wait for a comprehensive update to both mechanics and playlists?

wait what? best attempt? the formula was already there, there is no attempting when all you’re doing is copying what already works. besides people complaining about “kill stealing” in ffa was there actually anything legitimately wrong with how basic ffa has worked in previous halos? change for the sake of change is not good design philosophy, especially when you have a fanbase like halo does.

> While I agree that regicide isn’t the best attempt at FFA in the world bear in mind the game has been in our hands for 18 days now, that’s hardly enough time to come up with comprehensive fixes to every issue, and before you blast me with how it should have been perfect at launch lets face it, no game is perfect at launch anymore.
>
> The reason things are taking so long to smooth out is the simple matter that a good game producer doesn’t want to end up like the boy with his finger in the -Yoink!-, plugging one hole only for another to open up. Eventually they would run out of fingers and have a terribly broken game that would just be beyond repair.
>
> When you look at it like that wouldn’t you rather hold your horses and wait for a comprehensive update to both mechanics and playlists?

There is no issue, FFA slayer has been FINE in every other halo game, even Reach. If it aint broke dont fix it.

> > While I agree that regicide isn’t the best attempt at FFA in the world bear in mind the game has been in our hands for 18 days now, that’s hardly enough time to come up with comprehensive fixes to every issue, and before you blast me with how it should have been perfect at launch lets face it, no game is perfect at launch anymore.
> >
> > The reason things are taking so long to smooth out is the simple matter that a good game producer doesn’t want to end up like the boy with his finger in the -Yoink!-, plugging one hole only for another to open up. Eventually they would run out of fingers and have a terribly broken game that would just be beyond repair.
> >
> > When you look at it like that wouldn’t you rather hold your horses and wait for a comprehensive update to both mechanics and playlists?
>
> wait what? best attempt? the formula was already there, there is no attempting when all you’re doing is copying what already works. besides people complaining about “kill stealing” in ffa was there actually anything legitimately wrong with how basic ffa has worked in previously halos? change for the sake of change is not good design philosophy, especially when you have a fanbase like halo does.

Congratulations, you focused on the first part of a post and ignored the rest. You are no officially competent enough to make intelligent arguments on these forums. Thank you for your prompt and informed responses to a well thought out post and I look forward to seeing more.

/sarcasm

> Obviously no one is forcing us to play it, but it’s really not that difficult to release an FFA playlist with no armor abilities, weapons on map, and no loadouts utilizing classic gametypes such as KoTH, Slayer, and Oddball.
>
> It’s seriously not that difficult.
> Shishka would have gotten this Yoink! done instantly.

Too optimistic, lets get an actual working FFA slayer first. the fact that there was only one classic gametype is shocking and i honestly feel 343 dont even want it in the game. Different thread anwyay

I just don’t understand why there isn’t Infinity Free For All like there’s Infinity Slayer. Free for all is my favorite gametype but Regicide just punishes me every single time. I’m running around like an idiot with a 35 bounty on my head most of the time. Lost count at the number of times I lost with the score of 290 or 295 to a lucky '-Yoink!- who killed me in the end.

> > > While I agree that regicide isn’t the best attempt at FFA in the world bear in mind the game has been in our hands for 18 days now, that’s hardly enough time to come up with comprehensive fixes to every issue, and before you blast me with how it should have been perfect at launch lets face it, no game is perfect at launch anymore.
> > >
> > > The reason things are taking so long to smooth out is the simple matter that a good game producer doesn’t want to end up like the boy with his finger in the -Yoink!-, plugging one hole only for another to open up. Eventually they would run out of fingers and have a terribly broken game that would just be beyond repair.
> > >
> > > When you look at it like that wouldn’t you rather hold your horses and wait for a comprehensive update to both mechanics and playlists?
> >
> > wait what? best attempt? the formula was already there, there is no attempting when all you’re doing is copying what already works. besides people complaining about “kill stealing” in ffa was there actually anything legitimately wrong with how basic ffa has worked in previously halos? change for the sake of change is not good design philosophy, especially when you have a fanbase like halo does.
>
> Congratulations, you focused on the first part of a post and ignored the rest. You are no officially competent enough to make intelligent arguments on these forums. Thank you for your prompt and informed responses to a well thought out post and I look forward to seeing more.
>
> /sarcasm

i read your whole post actually, and just reread it now and i wouldn’t change my initial response, you talk about how we’ve only had it for 18 days as if this was some sort of excuse…ffa is not new, there is a proven formula for it, whether its 18 days after launch or 18 minutes we should have a ffa playlist no different from previous games… / not sarcasm

> > > While I agree that regicide isn’t the best attempt at FFA in the world bear in mind the game has been in our hands for 18 days now, that’s hardly enough time to come up with comprehensive fixes to every issue, and before you blast me with how it should have been perfect at launch lets face it, no game is perfect at launch anymore.
> > >
> > > The reason things are taking so long to smooth out is the simple matter that a good game producer doesn’t want to end up like the boy with his finger in the -Yoink!-, plugging one hole only for another to open up. Eventually they would run out of fingers and have a terribly broken game that would just be beyond repair.
> > >
> > > When you look at it like that wouldn’t you rather hold your horses and wait for a comprehensive update to both mechanics and playlists?
> >
> > wait what? best attempt? the formula was already there, there is no attempting when all you’re doing is copying what already works. besides people complaining about “kill stealing” in ffa was there actually anything legitimately wrong with how basic ffa has worked in previously halos? change for the sake of change is not good design philosophy, especially when you have a fanbase like halo does.
>
> Congratulations, you focused on the first part of a post and ignored the rest. You are no officially competent enough to make intelligent arguments on these forums. Thank you for your prompt and informed responses to a well thought out post and I look forward to seeing more.
>
> /sarcasm

Lol, you come up with that reply even though his reply was perfectly valid. Kind of hypocritical. Regiside should never have even been an idea. FFA slayer was fine and didnt need any kind of late release after launch.

> > > > While I agree that regicide isn’t the best attempt at FFA in the world bear in mind the game has been in our hands for 18 days now, that’s hardly enough time to come up with comprehensive fixes to every issue, and before you blast me with how it should have been perfect at launch lets face it, no game is perfect at launch anymore.
> > > >
> > > > The reason things are taking so long to smooth out is the simple matter that a good game producer doesn’t want to end up like the boy with his finger in the -Yoink!-, plugging one hole only for another to open up. Eventually they would run out of fingers and have a terribly broken game that would just be beyond repair.
> > > >
> > > > When you look at it like that wouldn’t you rather hold your horses and wait for a comprehensive update to both mechanics and playlists?
> > >
> > > wait what? best attempt? the formula was already there, there is no attempting when all you’re doing is copying what already works. besides people complaining about “kill stealing” in ffa was there actually anything legitimately wrong with how basic ffa has worked in previously halos? change for the sake of change is not good design philosophy, especially when you have a fanbase like halo does.
> >
> > Congratulations, you focused on the first part of a post and ignored the rest. You are no officially competent enough to make intelligent arguments on these forums. Thank you for your prompt and informed responses to a well thought out post and I look forward to seeing more.
> >
> > /sarcasm
>
> Lol, you come up with that reply even though his reply was perfectly valid. Kind of hypocritical. Regiside should never have even been an idea. FFA slayer was fine and didnt need any kind of late release after launch.

i have some hope in a morbid form that since it was an idea, that maybe it’s an indication of 343 trying too hard to make the game good since it required extra work on their part to mess it up so horribly. id rather have them trying too hard than not trying hard enough :stuck_out_tongue: