FFA Regicide - King Bonus

I play a lot of FFA, thousands of matches that my wife hates me playing - H3, H:Reach, COD, a minute amount of H2. I want to play FFA Regicide more as I hate team based games when no-one else is on from my list.

My main beef is that this is a slayer based FFA game that you don’t need top kills to win. Finishing second gives you a loss on your service record and I honestly can’t stand that.

I came second in a game once going 26 and 10 with the winner going 10 and 10 - the max bonus for killing the King penalised me despite being the chief slayer. This shouldn’t happen. If anything the King should be earning real bonus points for getting kills rather than merely allowing others to catch up. It’s counter-intuitive to me. The Overshield and Reign of Terror bonus has counted for nothing in some games where I get top kills and least deaths only to have someone 9 or 10 kills behind me win. I don’t get it.

I would like to see the following
. Give the King a score bonus for a regular kill or for sprees - getting more kills as the King just gives others a bonus and you get only a regular score for yourself, or
. Fix the bounty on the King to just 15 points - the max bonus of 35 points is absurd and penalises an effective player
. It’s FFA - 2nd place out of 6 players should not be a loss on your service record. Never has been in Halo and shouldn’t be in this game. I care about W/L - I can handle coming 2nd and have top kills if it still records as a win.

The person with the most kills in FFA should win

26 kills v 10 to lose - other account doing testing
https://app.halowaypoint.com/en-us/#Halo4/robobeast001/home/match-33c9b7d04f2e10a8

I feel like I’m pointing out the obvious here but the game is Regicide and not Lone Wolves Slayer.

The point of Regicide is to kill the king. The guy that came first in that game killed the king twice as much as you did so of course you only came second.

If you had killed the King 8 times instead you would have hammered everyone else in points.

I don’t get what your issue is really.

Next you’ll be complaining that you got 10 times more kills than somebody in Oddball but didn’t win because some that only got 3 kills won cos they held the ball the longest.

If you are the King the whole game you don’t get a chance to get the bonus points. After about the first minute I am invariably the King for most of the game. Being an aggressive Slayer penalises you. Maybe you don’t understand what it means to be leading game for most of it? The reason I am ‘losing’ the game is that I get to max bonus and people earn 35 points just for one kill where all I earn is 10 points.

And no I’m not changing my strategy just to meet a scoring system. Oddball is a BS comparison, I’m not that stupid. Regicide is about killing but the King doesn’t get any scoring bonus and everyone is feeding off me at the moment. I think you’ve given me the answer - going back to COD FFA.

Scoreboard 305 to 280 - close game right? Wrong

I went 30 and 12 to win
2nd place 15 and 18

it’s a joke that someone going that badly might actually win.

Score is wrong, King Bonus is absurd

> I feel like I’m pointing out the obvious here but the game is Regicide and not Lone Wolves Slayer.
>
> The point of Regicide is to kill the king. The guy that came first in that game killed the king twice as much as you did so of course you only came second.
>
> If you had killed the King 8 times instead you would have hammered everyone else in points.
>
> I don’t get what your issue is really.
>
> Next you’ll be complaining that you got 10 times more kills than somebody in Oddball but didn’t win because some that only got 3 kills won cos they held the ball the longest.

Nicely put…I was thinking the same thing. Play the gametype you’re in, don’t combine gametypes.

Face Palm - nobody gets it

15-18 isn’t a bad K/d spread… If he was like 5-18 then yes I would complaion by -2 isn’t bad.

Are you joking? - he had half the kills I did yet could have won based on the scoring system - 2nd place records as a loss. I was by far the more effective and efficient player yet in so doing I aid my competitors. It’s ok I went back to COD FFA and Halo 3 Lone Wolves for a while - you get half the kills there you don’t win that’s for sure.

Halo 4 desperately needs a Rumble Pit / Lone Wolves FFA list - I play Regicide out of sheer bloody mindedness. Infinity Slayer would work perfectly for FFA in this game yet it isn’t there. Why?

> Are you joking? - he had half the kills I did yet could have won based on the scoring system - 2nd place records as a loss. I was by far the more effective and efficient player yet in so doing I aid my competitors. It’s ok I went back to COD FFA and Halo 3 Lone Wolves for a while - you get half the kills there you don’t win that’s for sure.
>
> Halo 4 desperately needs a Rumble Pit / Lone Wolves FFA list - I play Regicide out of sheer bloody mindedness. Infinity Slayer would work perfectly for FFA in this game yet it isn’t there. Why?

In total agreement. You dominated in terms of kills and deaths and nearly lost to a player you dominated. Doesn’t make sense. I have this issue regularly, leading matches to the end and being handicapped for doing so. It penalises the better player and rewards poor play. How can that be fair, and any accurate measure of kill? Oh wait it can’t and 343 need to have their heads examined if they believe it is as any person who plays skilfully will tell you the same thing.

Remove king bonus completely- I don’t deserve to effectively give away three and a half kills ever time I die as king and have to kill 4 times just to break even. Hardly rewarding my skill no is it? In fact iit should be called the ‘who is dumb enough to be king game type’ cos that is what it is!

Some suggestions to give more of an edge to good kings:

• maybe the king should get bonus points for every kill if he kills at least 10 players in a row without losing the crown.

• maybe the awarded bonus should diminish every time you kill the same king until a crown switch takes place. The king bonus grows as the king gets kills, but it decreases for the individual player that repeatedly kills the king.

I like FFA but I’m not a big fan of Regicide. I agree with the OP. I’d personally like an FFA that is completely based of off Kill/Death ratio instead of points. I liked Rumble Pit in Reach ok but still it was more about run and gun or dash and bash as quick as you can just trying to get kills and not making it very important how many deaths you had.

I agree with robobeast76, regicide rewards inferior players with wins. I only play it because it’s the closest thing to ffa slayer/lone wolves. Honestly I hate regicide.

I recently played a game where I went +15 with 5 minutes 26 secs as the king and 75 medals but I lost to a guy with 13 kills 16 deaths and 15 sec as the king.

Please 343 just put a permanent lone wolves game type in matchmaking. Oh and bring back double team for good aswell!!