FFA changes

What changes would you guys want to see for FFA? Magnum only starts? HCS radar? Different maps? New maps? Whatever else you guys can come up with.

Edited to Include detail

I’d mostly like to see the ranking system tuned to allow for more consistent CSR gain and loss specifically at onyx+ level play. As it is now gaining CSR is extremely hard for higher level players. Even if you come out 2nd or 3rd which should be counted as victories you only gain one or two CSR. If you place lower than that you lose a massive amount of CSR. It’s not just me experiencing this kind of stuff, there have only been 27 people to make it above 1800 CSR in the current two month season. It was way too easy to gain CSR before, and now it’s way too hard. I strongly believe that we need to find a middle ground before I can enjoy FFA again.

> 2533274950162674;2:
> I’d mostly like to see the ranking system revised. It’s really discouraging me from playing right now. Seeing HCS settings added would also be a really nice change.

any specific changes to the ranking system you would like to see?

Hi there. I haven’ played Halo for nearly a yet properly as I am a proud dad of a 1 year old. I played solidly for nearly a year reaching Onyx every season consecutively for many seasons and even getting a champion rank Part way through one. I only placed Onyx oncr- the season I got my champ, even though I obviously was an Onyx ffa player, placing plat/diamond because of a dodgy placement system.

Now I am back I see a lot of bad changes. The fact poor placements continue but with very little csr gain now for winning means players placed poorly are never going to rank up. Consequently the rankings are not accurate- I see too many players in platinum who are blatantly way more skilled than some vurtent diamond or even Onyx ones. Why? Becaud the game seems to think your skill doenst change over time- which it does and you are overly penalised.

In my situation I rank at plat now- cos I haven’t played properly for a year but my in form rank when I am all practiced is onyx. Whilst I probably don’t aim to be there again cos of priorities others may be in a similar situatiom- or just placed poorly cos the placement system in ffa is awful. How are they going to rank up gaining just 5 csr? There is 300 csr between divisions- that’s 60 games. 120 if you are placed 2 divisions too low-still very common in ffa. It’ not fair on those players. There needs to be bigger gains and losses available or changes in skill over time aren’ getting tracked. The current system is just plain flawed.

> 2533274823886169;4:
> Hi there. I haven’ played Halo for nearly a yet properly as I am a proud dad of a 1 year old. I played solidly for nearly a year reaching Onyx every season consecutively for many seasons and even getting a champion rank Part way through one. I only placed Onyx oncr- the season I got my champ, even though I obviously was an Onyx ffa player, placing plat/diamond because of a dodgy placement system.
>
> Now I am back I see a lot of bad changes. The fact poor placements continue but with very little csr gain now for winning means players placed poorly are never going to rank up. Consequently the rankings are not accurate- I see too many players in platinum who are blatantly way more skilled than some vurtent diamond or even Onyx ones. Why? Becaud the game seems to think your skill doenst change over time- which it does and you are overly penalised.
>
> In my situation I rank at plat now- cos I haven’t played properly for a year but my in form rank when I am all practiced is onyx. Whilst I probably don’t aim to be there again cos of priorities others may be in a similar situatiom- or just placed poorly cos the placement system in ffa is awful. How are they going to rank up gaining just 5 csr? There is 300 csr between divisions- that’s 60 games. 120 if you are placed 2 divisions too low-still very common in ffa. It’ not fair on those players. There needs to be bigger gains and losses available or changes in skill over time aren’ getting tracked. The current system is just plain flawed.

Exactly this, FFA is currently just an unrewarding mess. I am stuck at Diamond 3 because I don’t get matched with higher ranks anymore. I just won a game with 25-3. The games are easy and don’t challenge me because I don’t have to play at the top of my capabilities. If I lose 1 game because I’m not really trying I still end up losing 20 SR or something like that. I need to win 4 games again because of this broken system. Not fun, not rewarding and this causes massive increase of smurfs too.

> 2533274887548642;5:
> > 2533274823886169;4:
> > Hi there. I haven’ played Halo for nearly a yet properly as I am a proud dad of a 1 year old. I played solidly for nearly a year reaching Onyx every season consecutively for many seasons and even getting a champion rank Part way through one. I only placed Onyx oncr- the season I got my champ, even though I obviously was an Onyx ffa player, placing plat/diamond because of a dodgy placement system.
> >
> > Now I am back I see a lot of bad changes. The fact poor placements continue but with very little csr gain now for winning means players placed poorly are never going to rank up. Consequently the rankings are not accurate- I see too many players in platinum who are blatantly way more skilled than some vurtent diamond or even Onyx ones. Why? Becaud the game seems to think your skill doenst change over time- which it does and you are overly penalised.
> >
> > In my situation I rank at plat now- cos I haven’t played properly for a year but my in form rank when I am all practiced is onyx. Whilst I probably don’t aim to be there again cos of priorities others may be in a similar situatiom- or just placed poorly cos the placement system in ffa is awful. How are they going to rank up gaining just 5 csr? There is 300 csr between divisions- that’s 60 games. 120 if you are placed 2 divisions too low-still very common in ffa. It’ not fair on those players. There needs to be bigger gains and losses available or changes in skill over time aren’ getting tracked. The current system is just plain flawed.
>
> Exactly this, FFA is currently just an unrewarding mess. I am stuck at Diamond 3 because I don’t get matched with higher ranks anymore. I just won a game with 25-3. The games are easy and don’t challenge me because I don’t have to play at the top of my capabilities. If I lose 1 game because I’m not really trying I still end up losing 20 SR or something like that. I need to win 4 games again because of this broken system. Not fun, not rewarding and this causes massive increase of smurfs too.

Sorry to hear that. And I bet you are really an Onyx player in any other season but this one-top 5 per cent puts you in low diamond when in previous seasons you would be Onyx 1500 or so. And you have a chance to boost csr cos you get rewarded properly.

There has clearly been a massive strangling of csr scores in ffa which means there are less gains. Which wouldn’t be anywhere near so bad if;

A). The placement system in FFA wàs seven remotely accurate. It is not, hence me placing plat multiple times as a consistent Onyx player.
B). You gained car quickly to get to your real skill or mmr to correct stupid placementd.
C). The divisions at least weren’t limited to only 1 or 2 per cent Onyx thus season but nearly top 10 per cent others. It lacks consistency. They had it right in Jan 2016 season too which is even sillier.

They had to strangle car gains because they untied csr from mmr too much meaning car scores.of some players were 5000+ which shouldn’t happen in an elo system. 2500 tops which was the limit in Jan 2016. Since then they have made a hash of everything and now have made it impossible to rank up properly as they have done the polar opposite just to sort out these scores.

What they should really do is erase everyone’s mmr to zilch one season and redo the csr system back as it was in earky 2016 with top 5 per cent Onyx top 15 per cent diamond etc and where a win would net you around 20 csr gain if your opponents were similarly skilled. It wasn’t broken then but it really is now.

> 2535458298006257;1:
> What changes would you guys want to see for FFA? Magnum only starts? HCS radar? Different maps? New maps? Whatever else you guys can come up with.

HCS playlist for those of us gearing up for the MS Store tournaments!

I’d just love to see FFA come to MCC

HCS radar would be nice to see.

The FFA settings are actually not too bad for once. Sure there could be changes, but it’s miles ahead of where it was before.

The ranking system could definitely use some love though.

The CSR inflation was clearly too much before, but the “fix” is way too excessive.

I remember seeing one of Vetoed’s smurf accounts with 26 / 26 wins (1st place out of 6) on its record, still stuck in diamond.

I like that they listened to the feedback on how 5th & 6th place finish shouldn’t rank people up, but this “fix” is just excessive.

> 2533274798253642;9:
> HCS radar would be nice to see.

Yeah, I’m sure a lot of sucky players need the crutch of radar to have a chance.

Ranking!!! The ranking is horrible now. I feel after I place in my placement matches it leaves no room at all to climb the ranks now. The ranking feels very unrewarding as is and now it feels like it’s impossible to rank up. I find myself not wanting to play ranked FFA any more. Maybe have FFA work where every one starts at the same rank and then build up, kinda like it was in H3.

> 2533274816788253;12:
> Ranking!!! The ranking is horrible now. I feel after I place in my placement matches it leaves no room at all to climb the ranks now. The ranking feels very unrewarding as is and now it feels like it’s impossible to rank up. I find myself not wanting to play ranked FFA any more. Maybe have FFA work where every one starts at the same rank and then build up, kinda like it was in H3.

Perhaps you are at your correct rank based on your skill and don’t deserve to rank up?

That’s kind of the whole point of placement matches…

Just a thought

> 2533274938635287;13:
> > 2533274816788253;12:
> > Ranking!!! The ranking is horrible now. I feel after I place in my placement matches it leaves no room at all to climb the ranks now. The ranking feels very unrewarding as is and now it feels like it’s impossible to rank up. I find myself not wanting to play ranked FFA any more. Maybe have FFA work where every one starts at the same rank and then build up, kinda like it was in H3.
>
> Perhaps you are at your correct rank based on your skill and don’t deserve to rank up?
>
> That’s kind of the whole point of placement matches…
>
> Just a thought

I agree with both viewpoints. Some games i get 1st and don’t even get ranked up, outside of that you pretty much have to get 1st to actually get anywhere. I don’t think it should be super easy to rank up but at least get some CSR like a couple points for 3rd and then a couple extra for second and even more for 1st. Outside of top 3 should be a derank according to how you place out of top 3.

> 2535458298006257;14:
> > 2533274938635287;13:
> > > 2533274816788253;12:
> > > Ranking!!! The ranking is horrible now. I feel after I place in my placement matches it leaves no room at all to climb the ranks now. The ranking feels very unrewarding as is and now it feels like it’s impossible to rank up. I find myself not wanting to play ranked FFA any more. Maybe have FFA work where every one starts at the same rank and then build up, kinda like it was in H3.
> >
> > Perhaps you are at your correct rank based on your skill and don’t deserve to rank up?
> >
> > That’s kind of the whole point of placement matches…
> >
> > Just a thought
>
> I agree with both viewpoints. Some games i get 1st and don’t even get ranked up, outside of that you pretty much have to get 1st to actually get anywhere. I don’t think it should be super easy to rank up but at least get some CSR like a couple points for 3rd and then a couple extra for second and even more for 1st. Outside of top 3 should be a derank according to how you place out of top 3.

Isn’t that how it works now? Top 3 get a bump up in rank relative to their position and the people in the game; and outside of top 3 get a drop in rank again relative to position in enemies.

So for example placing 6th in a game full of people higher rank than you should be a smaller drop than placing 6th in a game of people near or below your rank; conversely finishing 1st in a game full of people below your rank shouldn’t give you any bump because you should have beat them to begin with…
<p></p>

> 2533274938635287;15:
> > 2535458298006257;14:
> > > 2533274938635287;13:
> > > > 2533274816788253;12:
> > > > Ranking!!! The ranking is horrible now. I feel after I place in my placement matches it leaves no room at all to climb the ranks now. The ranking feels very unrewarding as is and now it feels like it’s impossible to rank up. I find myself not wanting to play ranked FFA any more. Maybe have FFA work where every one starts at the same rank and then build up, kinda like it was in H3.
> > >
> > > Perhaps you are at your correct rank based on your skill and don’t deserve to rank up?
> > >
> > > That’s kind of the whole point of placement matches…
> > >
> > > Just a thought
> >
> > I agree with both viewpoints. Some games i get 1st and don’t even get ranked up, outside of that you pretty much have to get 1st to actually get anywhere. I don’t think it should be super easy to rank up but at least get some CSR like a couple points for 3rd and then a couple extra for second and even more for 1st. Outside of top 3 should be a derank according to how you place out of top 3.
>
> Isn’t that how it works now? Top 3 get a bump up in rank relative to their position and the people in the game; and outside of top 3 get a drop in rank again relative to position in enemies.
>
> So for example placing 6th in a game full of people higher rank than you should be a smaller drop than placing 6th in a game of people near or below your rank; conversely finishing 1st in a game full of people below your rank shouldn’t give you any bump because you should have beat them to begin with…
> <p></p>

I think that if you finish first with a lobby of people who are lower ranked you should still get some rank up, not a lot, just a couple points. Cause otherwise its just a waste of time. Instead of getting no rank up, this is only fair because if you place 6th against higher ranked players then you still lose csr.

> 2533274938635287;13:
> > 2533274816788253;12:
> > Ranking!!! The ranking is horrible now. I feel after I place in my placement matches it leaves no room at all to climb the ranks now. The ranking feels very unrewarding as is and now it feels like it’s impossible to rank up. I find myself not wanting to play ranked FFA any more. Maybe have FFA work where every one starts at the same rank and then build up, kinda like it was in H3.
>
> Perhaps you are at your correct rank based on your skill and don’t deserve to rank up?
>
> That’s kind of the whole point of placement matches…
>
> Just a thought

If they want players to play ranked more they need to make it so it takes longer to get to max rank then. What’s the point of playing if you reach max rank in ten games? To me they clearly made it to strict to move up in rank.

> 2533274816788253;17:
> > 2533274938635287;13:
> > > Ranking!!! The ranking is horrible now. I feel after I place in my placement matches it leaves no room at all to climb the ranks now. The ranking feels very unrewarding as is and now it feels like it’s impossible to rank up. I find myself not wanting to play ranked FFA any more. Maybe have FFA work where every one starts at the same rank and then build up, kinda like it was in H3.
> >
> > Perhaps you are at your correct rank based on your skill and don’t deserve to rank up?
> >
> >
> > Just a thought
>
> If they want players to play ranked more they need to make it so it takes longer to get to max rank then. What’s the point of playing if you reach max rank in ten games? To me they clearly made it to strict to move up in rank.

you just said it is to easy to rank up and then said it was to hard in the same sentence. wtf?

> 2535458298006257;18:
> > 2533274816788253;17:
> > > 2533274938635287;13:
> > > > 2533274816788253;12:
> > > > Ranking!!! The ranking is horrible now. I feel after I place in my placement matches it leaves no room at all to climb the ranks now. The ranking feels very unrewarding as is and now it feels like it’s impossible to rank up. I find myself not wanting to play ranked FFA any more. Maybe have FFA work where every one starts at the same rank and then build up, kinda like it was in H3.
> > >
> > > Perhaps you are at your correct rank based on your skill and don’t deserve to rank up?
> > >
> > > That’s kind of the whole point of placement matches…
> > >
> > > Just a thought
> >
> > If they want players to play ranked more they need to make it so it takes longer to get to max rank then. What’s the point of playing if you reach max rank in ten games? To me they clearly made it to strict to move up in rank.
>
> you just said it is to easy to rank up and then said it was to hard in the same sentence. wtf?

Where did I say that? You don’t have rank in your placement matches. I am saying they shouldn’t place you at your max rank after ten games.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274816788253;17:
> > 2533274938635287;13:
> >
> >
> >
> > Just a thought
>
> If they want players to play ranked more they need to make it so it takes longer to get to max rank then. What’s the point of playing if you reach max rank in ten games? To me they clearly made it to strict to move up in rank.

The point of rank is to match you with people of similar skill levels. If you beat people you’re better than, why do you feel that earns you a rank increase? F**@#$ing millenials, man. If UGA beat Atlanta High in a football game, that wouldn’t move them up in the rankings.