FFA - a big issue that isn't being noticed enough

FFA right now only counts as a win if you place 1st. This is very, very bad. You can be a very solid FFA player who always places in the top half of the game but 343 doesn’t care and your Arena win rate will get downright murdered. I know a lot of people (myself included) who want to play FFA but refuse to because of this issue. I haven’t seen much if any attention being brought to this but it really needs to be fixed.

Edit: to clarify, you still rank up when you get top 50%. But on your win/loss record you still get a loss. So you could be #1 Champion rank in FFA with a 0% Arena win rate from always getting 2nd.

> 2533274913936758;1:
> FFA right now only counts as a win if you place 1st. This is very, very bad. You can be a very solid FFA player who always places in the top half of the game but 343 doesn’t care and your Arena win rate will get downright murdered. I know a lot of people (myself included) who want to play FFA but refuse to because of this issue. I haven’t seen much if any attention being brought to this but it really needs to be fixed.

Are you serious? I assumed that you would win if you were placed in a podium position (1st, 2nd, 3rd). This is some very bad news if you speak correctly of this. Let’s try getting this out to other people who don’t know about this.

You get the green arrow thing if you finish in 2nd or 3rd I’m sure.

I absolutely agree with you. As win/loss is the only number that is a big deal to me I tend to stay away from FFA for this exact reason. You get exp if you place 1-4, so I think that should count as a win instead of only placing 1st. I’d play FFA a lot more if it didn’t impact my overall win/loss.

> 2533274802904305;3:
> You get the green arrow thing if you finish in 2nd or 3rd I’m sure.

Yes but that’s not what I’m referring to. You rank up from placing top 4. But you still get a loss on your record for not being first. So you effectively lose and rank up. This means you can have a 0% win rate and be a champion in FFA in theory. Which is just stupid. I’d probably be high Onyx or low Champ if this was fixed and I would be motivated to play.