FF limited removed?

i havent really been keeping up to date on any thing on the forums, so can any one tell me what happened to the 4 player FF limited?

that was more or less the only thing that i played online.

was it removed or are they doing some thing with it because i would really like to play that instead of 2 player or arcade with unlimited lives etc.

It was removed due to the lack of players playing on it, out of all playlists, it was performing the worst.

If you truly do enjoy it, go to the Firefight lobby and play it there, it wont likely be making a return any time soon.

so there is no FF limited 4 player any more? just arcade correct?

> so there is no FF limited 4 player any more? just arcade correct?

Correct, it is unlikely it will make a return.

Firefight Doubles is the only playlist to feature a FF Limited Gametype but sadly, only two people can fit into the game.

damn i was hoping that they were just removing it so that they could try and fix it and make it better in some way or another … like more maps with vehicles etc.

but thats just really sad that its gone.

The worst part now is that there is no actual firefight gametype, it’s just a bunch of gametypes for commendation boosting pretty much.

There better be something that can be actual firefight for the new map coming up.

> The worst part now is that there is no actual firefight gametype, it’s just a bunch of gametypes for commendation boosting pretty much.
>
> There better be something that can be actual firefight for the new map coming up.

Unfortunately, no. Anniverary FF Playlist will only be Arcade gametypes. It’s a sad day for Firefight.

> > The worst part now is that there is no actual firefight gametype, it’s just a bunch of gametypes for commendation boosting pretty much.
> >
> > There better be something that can be actual firefight for the new map coming up.
>
> Unfortunately, no. Anniverary FF Playlist will only be Arcade gametypes. It’s a sad day for Firefight.

I had to double check that. You are right; how depressing.

yeah i had so many ideas of what could have been some really cool game types for FF.

a FF version using the cannons defending the Autom, only it would be longer, more enemy ships etc.

a FF from the Elite side VS humans.

versions of grunt appoc with the other covie races (including the bugs)

games where its mostly vehicles attacking your base kind of like a FF version of Invasion or some thing.

so many things, could have used A LOT of more maps, even some of the good old ones that werent remade.

It probably got removed because they turned firefight in credit spamming thing, firefight just became less fun so at the moment all most people will see in the games in arcade fight.

dont get me wrong, arcade can be fun, but it got more boring that limited to me.

yes you could get loads of credits in it at times but that really doesnt make a different really because as long as your playing and every thing, who cares, the credits dont actually do any thing to you as a player in the terms of giving you any power ups or any thing.

like in COD2 you got weapon upgrades etc.

you aren’t the only one peed off by this, but look one the bright side, now you have time to play some custom firefight gametypes instead of the matchmaking version!

I was pretty saddened by it’s removal. Arcade just doesn’t seem fun. No one picks Nade or Fiesta. Oh well I’ll miss it with all the randoms that would throw themselves off of cliffs or the moron running head first into the rushing over powered drop pod elites. Memories.

well customs are fun to a point as well, its nice to have people to play with, that and i was working on getting the comendations too.

score attack is too short, just 1-2 rounds

arcade is typically Rocket, Sniper or FRG attack making it hard to get the small arms, grenade, automatic etc.

vehicle on its own is hard enough for killing or killing with.

They should change the name to “Creditfight”…

Tch, low population my behind. Many times i’ve seen Limited pull higher population than Team Objective, and that playlist will never get considered for removal.

As for Limited in Doubles? Hah, good luck with that one. Unless you bring a friend who is also interested in Limited, get used to seeing all your partners quit because you didn’t choose Arcadefight. Not a single person who i’ve played Limited with in Doubles has stayed the whole game. Not a single one.

Firefight Arcade is hardly Firefight, it’s “let’s only play arcadefight/frgfight/rocketfight and spam spam spam until the cows come home”. There is no penalty for dying, there’s no penalty for anything.

With that decision 343i cut in a half Reach and drop an important part of it IMO. The only playlists I usually played were FF limited and Team Slayer/BTB. Now I only can play the later. In fact I stopped playing Reach right now: It was a stupid move by 343i, and I still don’t understand the reason. Also I don’t want to get the new FF map and only be able to play in the dumb Arcade playlist modes.

i almost never played normal multi play, even for the challenges, i dont have as much fun with it as i do (did) in FF limited.

my typical points would be in the 20,000 mark range because i was one trigger happy SOB, but even so i still needed to get ammo unlike in arcade games.

i just wish that there were more maps that had a good number of vehicles in them like you find in normal multi play games, the maps would just have to be bigger like the blood gultch side of forge world or some thing so that there could be lots of covies to spawn.

oh well, dreams are free, dreams are free … and i like free :slight_smile: