Female spartans in Halo 4

As a girl gamer I’m hoping they will keep the ability to have female character models in Halo 4 for multiplayer matchmaking. I really liked this ability in reach so I’m hoping we’ll be able to do so in Halo 4 as well.

I think it will be most likely since all kinds of different people play Halo from all over the world

They most likely will do. It would be a step backwards if they didn’t.

> They most likely will do. It would be a step backwards if they didn’t.

They’re updating Halo Reach without AA-s, that’s a step backwards. But I see your point.

Yeag why wouldn’t they

> > They most likely will do. It would be a step backwards if they didn’t.
>
> They’re updating Halo Reach without AA-s, that’s a step backwards. But I see your point.

Uuhhhmm What are you talking about?

> > > They most likely will do. It would be a step backwards if they didn’t.
> >
> > They’re updating Halo Reach without AA-s, that’s a step backwards. But I see your point.
>
> Uuhhhmm What are you talking about?

The TU is taking out AA’s in the Classic CE playlists right?

Well I see how that isn’t a step backwards since its a classic playlist nvm.

> > They most likely will do. It would be a step backwards if they didn’t.
>
> They’re updating Halo Reach without AA-s, that’s a step backwards. But I see your point.

Its not going to be all of reach that doesn’t have AA’s. Just the classic playlists because they want a more classic feel with the maps. I’m looking forward to it. So in this case its kind of a step backwards that goes forwards.

I’m not sure how they’d make the female spartans look though. In Halo 4 multiplayer we’ll probably be playing as spartan II’s rather than spartan III’s and there wasn’t alot of difference between the female and male spartan II’s anyway. I guess 343i could just make them thinner though.

> > > They most likely will do. It would be a step backwards if they didn’t.
> >
> > They’re updating Halo Reach without AA-s, that’s a step backwards. But I see your point.
>
> Its not going to be all of reach that doesn’t have AA’s. Just the classic playlists because they want a more classic feel with the maps. I’m looking forward to it. So in this case its kind of a step backwards that goes forwards.
>
> I’m not sure how they’d make the female spartans look though. In Halo 4 multiplayer we’ll probably be playing as spartan II’s rather than spartan III’s and there wasn’t alot of difference between the female and male spartan II’s anyway. I guess 343i could just make them thinner though.

Their should be a difference, in Halo 3 you could change the voice to a female voice for MM but, the body still looked manly. The shoulders were still broad, the torso wasnt feminem, they looked more boxy then hourglass. So I hope they reflect the fact that the spartan is female not a male with a female’s voice.

They need more -Yoink!-. not to be a pervert. Its the one thing that makes a girl look feminine besides what they already did in Reach.

> They need more -Yoink!-. not to be a pervert. Its the one thing that makes a girl look feminine besides what they already did in Reach.

The Reach character model looks fine to me. Women’s breast are THAT big unless their fake, an average women’s breast size is around C to D. If they increased the breast size I wouldn’t use the female spartan, I don’t want to be sexualized anymore than I already am.

There’s no way they’ll remove that ability.

It would be a DEFINITE step backwards, like Halo 4 without Theater or extensive Custom options, or CoD without Perks, Killstreaks or weapon customisation.

It’ll return : )

For your post just above, too, I agree that the female Spartans look fine as they are. H3’s option for the voice is good, but not nearly good enough, and Reach managed to change their physical appearance without making them overly sexual, which a LOT of games do, sickeningly enough.

I was quite impressed.

Yeah, a lot of girl gamers have been joining the Halo community recently, so why not.

> They need more -Yoink!-. not to be a pervert. Its the one thing that makes a girl look feminine besides what they already did in Reach.

Personally, I dislike it when designers decide to make the female variants of armour more revealing, or make it so they have more cleavage. It’s just too overdone these days. I liked the way Reach handled it, you could tell by the overall figure of the Spartan that she was a female, but they didn’t overdo it on the -Yoink!-, nor did they decide that female MJOLNIR armour was tight and short.

> Yeah, a lot of girl gamers have been joining the Halo community recently, so why not.
>
>
> > They need more -Yoink!-. not to be a pervert. Its the one thing that makes a girl look feminine besides what they already did in Reach.
>
> Personally, I dislike it when designers decide to make the female variants of armour more revealing, or make it so they have more cleavage. It’s just too overdone these days. I liked the way Reach handled it, you could tell by the overall figure of the Spartan that she was a female, but they didn’t overdo it on the -Yoink!-, nor did they decide that female MJOLNIR armour was tight and short.

Thank goodness! Most of the people on Bungie.net are all about making the female spartans into freaking -Yoink- stars. They are spartans not the lady from freaking underworld (as kick -Yoink- as she is I want a spartan not a -Yoink!- symbol)

> There’s no way they’ll remove that ability.
>
> It would be a DEFINITE step backwards, like Halo 4 without Theater or extensive Custom options, or CoD without Perks, Killstreaks or weapon customisation.
>
> It’ll return : )
>
> For your post just above, too, I agree that the female Spartans look fine as they are. H3’s option for the voice is good, but not nearly good enough, and Reach managed to change their physical appearance without making them overly sexual, which a LOT of games do, sickeningly enough.
>
> I was quite impressed.

Agreed.

As a girl gamer as well I would be slightly pissed off. If they did that lolz

If AA means armor abilities then no they are not taking them out and the original halo never had “AA’s”

Gotta agree with you. I play Halo with my girlfriend, and it’s comforting to know that her character doesn’t walk around making man groans when she dies. It really doesn’t hurt, so why take a step backward and remove it?