Female player model has man hands

In most games i play as a female (strong female leads bra) and ive noticed that the female character model has insanely weird scaled hands. They look exactly like the male players hands. Anyone else notice this?

1 Like

Yes, I am hoping they scale down the female to proper size. That is about 75% of the male model. Of course they really need to keep the female shape as well. I was very upset with Halo 4, stick figure masculine shape. Halo Reach had the very best female figure of all the female models. Loved to see the subtle movements of that model, it really seemed like Halo Reach captured the perfect representation. I hope they bring back the Halo Reach female form in Halo 5.

1 Like

> 2590239964275495;1:
> In most games i play as a female (strong female leads bra) and ive noticed that the female character model has insanely weird scaled hands. They look exactly like the male players hands. Anyone else notice this?

From many times of doing stuff. I tis actually hard to animate and make female models

> 2533274810077365;2:
> Yes, I am hoping they scale down the female to proper size. That is about 75% of the male model. Of course they really need to keep the female shape as well. I was very upset with Halo 4, stick figure masculine shape. Halo Reach had the very best female figure of all the female models. Loved to see the subtle movements of that model, it really seemed like Halo Reach captured the perfect representation. I hope they bring back the Halo Reach female form in Halo 5.

Exactly, but it would be nice to do a model for first person view too. In Reach, female Spartans had the same hands.

> 2590239964275495;1:
> In most games i play as a female (strong female leads bra) and ive noticed that the female character model has insanely weird scaled hands. They look exactly like the male players hands. Anyone else notice this?

Two words, Lady boys. Look the word up if you don’t know what it means. That should give you an idea on man hands.

TIP: If you ever go to Thailand arrrgh, never mind.

insert comment about sexism

But really, though, 343i has a LOT of other things to worry about besides man hands

But, Palmer, what large hands you have!

All the better to crush you, my dear.

<div>…‘All the better to hug you with.’ … I wish :’(</div>

It’s probably so they can use the same first-person view model.

Honestly I think it’s fine, but it would be nice for that little detail to be fixed.

1 Like

> 2533274810077365;2:
> Halo Reach had the very best female figure of all the female models. Loved to see the subtle movements of that model, it really seemed like Halo Reach captured the perfect representation.

In reality it was quite a flawed representation…I mean with the weird knees and the overly pronounced butt and hip sway it’s obvious there was something strange going on up in the minds of the modelers and animators.

1 Like

It’s probably something to do with the animations. I assume by having smaller hands things like reload animations would have to be altered slightly.

This is totally off topic and I apologize for that, but it would be hilarious if one of the post game bro-downs included female spartans occasionally holding out sandwich ingredients in a “no, YOU make me a sandwich” gesture lol. Maybe if kinect notices sexist chatter. I always dislike sexist gamers. To me its like guys why would you want to discourage gaming with women? Seriously. It’s awesome.

OP: I didn’t really notice. The spartan models in the in game menu looked ridiculously low res to me so I didn’t spend much time there.

Would be funny if in the winning animation, and there were males and females in the mix, that one of the males slapped one of the women on the butt only to receive a fist to the face.

I personally liked it when males and Females looked the same when donned in MJOLNIR, it made them feel like they stood out more from everyone else in the UNSC; Which is what Spartans are supposed to be like.

> 2533274924655113;12:
> Would be funny if in the winning animation, and there were males and females in the mix, that one of the males slapped one of the women on the butt only to receive a fist to the face.

Tumblr feminists would start an internet riot.

I think this is just because the game is in beta, and they may not have the viewmodels completed for female players. I didn’t even notice it.

1 Like

> 2533274927111211;13:
> I personally liked it when males and Females looked the same when donned in MJOLNIR, it made them feel like they stood out more from everyone else in the UNSC; Which is what Spartans are supposed to be like.

This is partially true but Realistically even spartans have different sizes and it wouldn’t be completely realistic having Spartans all the same when people would be different sizes and shapes. Jorge was Massive I admit this was compared to spartan III’s. But even amongst blue team they were very different in height and body types. One thing i seriously doubt they were really thinking about back then

1 Like

> 2533274796029854;16:
> > 2533274927111211;13:
> > I personally liked it when males and Females looked the same when donned in MJOLNIR, it made them feel like they stood out more from everyone else in the UNSC; Which is what Spartans are supposed to be like.
>
>
>
> This is partially true but Realistically even spartans have different sizes and it wouldn’t be completely realistic having Spartans all the same when people would be different sizes and shapes. Jorge was Massive I admit this was compared to spartan III’s. But even amongst blue team they were very different in height and body types. One thing i seriously doubt they were really thinking about back then

Yes, it makes sense to recognise the somewhat varying heights with the II’s, but the curves they added for the females in Reach was just plain ridiculous. Spartans don’t have the same charm as they had back in the Halo CE-3 days, and this type of crap with having female models is one of the reasons why they don’t feel like what they did.

> 2533274927111211;17:
> > 2533274796029854;16:
> > > 2533274927111211;13:
> > > I personally liked it when males and Females looked the same when donned in MJOLNIR, it made them feel like they stood out more from everyone else in the UNSC; Which is what Spartans are supposed to be like.
> >
> >
> >
> > This is partially true but Realistically even spartans have different sizes and it wouldn’t be completely realistic having Spartans all the same when people would be different sizes and shapes. Jorge was Massive I admit this was compared to spartan III’s. But even amongst blue team they were very different in height and body types. One thing i seriously doubt they were really thinking about back then
>
>
> Yes, it makes sense to recognise the varying heights with the II’s, but the curves they added for the females in Reach was just plain ridiculous. Spartans don’t have the same charm as they had back in the Halo CE-3 days, and this type of crap with having female models is one of the reasons why they don’t feel like what they did.

I agree That over accentuating aspects of the female models is a bit over kill, But A breast plate designed for a male and a breast plate designed for a Female are quite different, same goes for just about every other armor piece. But there should be more subtle.

Bigger butts is needed.

1 Like

My favorite Seinfeld episode.
“…That’s not a twist-off…”