Female Main Character

Just saying i’m sure we have all realized that Halo’s playable characters are all males and the only one who has been a female main character has a really bad rep and shouldn’t be the one to have her own FPS. Really, we have many others great choices like Kelly, Linda, Naomi, Lucy or Spartans Black 1 and 2( I think Black Team would be perfect for a squad based FPS).

Those are just the super soldiers i’m sure we could fit in an ODST sequel with Sadie Endesha as an enlisted trooper or a trooper to be maybe even an ODST on her way to becoming a Spartan.

It would be nice to bring her back and explain what she and Mike did after New Mombasa. Which is something that really interests me. They must be know as some sort of heros they did save hundreds maybe thousands from Police Commissioner Kinsler.

So if you want to list what Female Charater you would like to see have her own game.

Chief will remain main character for obvious reasons, and he is male. However, females are not neglected in HALO, not by a long shot.

> Chief will remain main character for obvious reasons, and he is male. However, <mark>females are not neglected in HALO, not by a long shot.</mark>

Who said they were. I was just saying we should get a game featuring a female Main. Since the Reclaimer trilogy has been changed to a Saga including alots of extra story from the games which means side games. It shouldn’t be to hard to think of a game with a female as the main character.

(I had a whole thing about a certain someone who’s name i can’t say for legal reasons.)

The point is, with the Reclaimer Saga having side games an FPS with a main character being a woman shouldn’t be too hard.

> > Chief will remain main character for obvious reasons, and he is male. However, <mark>females are not neglected in HALO, not by a long shot.</mark>
>
> Who said they were. I was just saying we should get <mark>a game featuring a female Main</mark>. Since the Reclaimer trilogy has been changed to a Saga including alots of extra story from the games which means side games. It shouldn’t be to hard to think of a game with a female as the main character.
>
> (I had a whole thing about a certain someone who’s name i can’t say for legal reasons.)
>
> The point is, with the Reclaimer Saga having side games an FPS with a main character being a woman shouldn’t be too hard.

Gonna be a while, if we do. The story is still unfolding in Johns favor.

You could have a female main in reach. They shouldn’t make a game just to have a female main, though I have nothing against there being a female main.

That said, with Cortana’s apparent death, I find the number of females on the UNSC side of the story is pretty much reduced to Palmer with Halsey going over to Jul (even if she is just using him). Even if they make half the fanbase rage over them giving Osman a more prominent role, it seems like the UNSC has lost having a strong female char who works with chief.

As stupid as Miranda could be at times, she was still better than Palmer.

The problem with having a female main character is that, when you look statistically speaking, a vast majority of the halo population is male. Games are designed with the gamer in mind most of the times, which includes which gender that the game caters towards, as this is a more male oriented game it makes sense that more often than not the Main Character is male. Another problem with Female mains is that, most of the time, they are done poorly and end up as someone that is either very stereotypical or uninspiring and ends up creating a rather dull play experience(Although the male mains can end up just as bad as well).

I am not against the idea of a female main character, but I would rather if they did something like that that they just do a Noble 6 instead. That way, it can be either or and it you feel more immersed in the game itself. Aside from doing something like that, The whole Idea of a female lead is something that is very unlikely to happen anytime soon.

> You could have a female main in reach. They shouldn’t make a game just to have a female main, though I have nothing against there being a female main.
>
> That said, with Cortana’s apparent death, I find the number of females on the UNSC side of the story is pretty much reduced to Palmer with Halsey going over to Jul (even if she is just using him). Even if they make half the fanbase rage over them giving Osman a more prominent role, it seems like the UNSC has lost having a strong female char who works with chief.
>
> As stupid as Miranda could be at times, she was still better than Palmer.

Thus far, most of the female characters have been quite bad and underdeveloped in halo franchise(With the exception of Dr.Halsey). That is something that really hasn’t changed in the halo franchise. Most of the male characters are very well crafted and work with the story very well.

Perhaps there could be a side Halo game in which the main character is female, but as for the main Halos, Master Chief won’t and can’t be replaced.

> Perhaps there could be a side Halo game in which the main character is female, but as for the main Halos, Master Chief won’t and can’t be replaced.

Chief could be replaced, but the fanbase won’t ever let the franchise grow up and move past Chief.

How about a female tech marine, who would provide you with support on some missions, while on others you have her on the field and you need to protect her, like you did with Cortana. Although this would probably not work if Chief has gone rogue.

> How about a female tech marine, who would provide you with support on some missions, while on others you have her on the field and you need to protect her, like you did with Cortana. Although this would probably not work if Chief has gone rogue.

But ideal for a Spartan Ops kind of mission.

> <mark>Perhaps there could be a side Halo game in which the main character is female,</mark> but as for the main Halos, Master Chief won’t and can’t be replaced.

That is the entire point of this thread to try to use the side games to introduce a female main character.

> You could have a female main in reach. They shouldn’t make a game just to have a female main, though I have nothing against there being a female main.
>
> That said, with Cortana’s apparent death, I find the number of females on the UNSC side of the story is pretty much reduced to Palmer with Halsey going over to Jul (even if she is just using him). Even if they make half the fanbase rage over them giving Osman a more prominent role, it seems like the UNSC has lost having a strong female char who works with chief.
>
> <mark>As stupid as Miranda could be at times,</mark> she was still better than Palmer.

Wait…what was wrong with Miranda? What did she do that was so stupid? The only time i can think that she did something that wasn’t the best thing was The to War Line and she said that because there was nowhere else to go. That base was all that had, not to mention they were still trying to figure out their plan to attack Truth. So they had to wing it and it worked.

Hell, i felt a lot more sad when she died that when Cortana did.

They could make Palmer the “Halo Shepard” from mass effect since it is the same voice actor she can become big if they do her right in the next game.

> They could make Palmer the “Halo Shepard” from mass effect since it is the same voice actor she can become big if they do her right in the next game.

No. No matter how hard they try to shove this character down our throats nobody is going to develop a sudden liking to her. She is a character that in my opinion, you can’t do right.

> They could make Palmer the “Halo Shepard” from mass effect since it is the same voice actor she can become big if they do her right in the next game.

Nope.jpg

Shepard was a loved figure, right from his/her introduction. Palmer is the opposite.

> > They could make Palmer the “Halo Shepard” from mass effect since it is the same voice actor she can become big if they do her right in the next game.
>
> Nope.jpg
>
> Shepard was a loved figure, <mark>right from his/her introduction.</mark> Palmer is the opposite.

“I’m Commander Shepard and I think Commander Palmer is the stupidest Spartan on the Citadel.”

Having one for the sake of having one is a bad reason.

Palmer is a wonderful character. It is literally impossible to dislike her, as she is pure perfection. If there’s on thing we need, it is to see more of our favourite character, Palmer.

Who didn’t love it when she shot Halsey and not 'Mdama. I’ll tell you who - know one. Because Palmer is that perfect. In fact, I’d even go so far as to say she is a better character than Miranda Keyes. Who was the previous best character.

> Having one for the sake of having one is a bad reason.

Token characters typically are. That said, I wouldn’t have had a problem with Noble Six being canonically female.