Feeling upset, burnt out, and emotional.

Have you ever ran into a point in your life where the mere thought of playing Halo 5 just makes you upset? Because that’s where I’m at right now.
Whenever I get an invite on Xbox from a good friend to play Halo, I feel dread. Each time, I compose myself, clear my head as best I can, and go into Halo 5 with an open mind, desperately trying to have a good night, and each time I go to bed angry, frustrated, and mad.

How do I get over this? I’ve been playing the game since midnight launch and for the first 3 months or so, I liked it. Of course I liked it. I like every new video game I purchase. But after the honeymoon period is over, that’s when you find out if the game really has legs or not. Halo 5, quite simply, didn’t have legs. I felt comfortable grinding each Halo entry every single night up until the next Halo game released. But with H5, I’m panicked because we have two more years with it before there’s a fresh experience.

I’m not going to go into specifics, because this forum is filled with enough blood stained threads about H5’s problems. We all know about the problems. But I just don’t have fun anymore. Even when I’m performing well, I just don’t have fun. The entire matchmaking ecosystem is stressful to me.

I WANT to like Halo 5 guys, I really do. Please help me to recover from this trench I’m in, how have you all dealt with feelings like this? I’ve already tried taking a break, because last night was the first night in 2 weeks that I’ve played and it didn’t solve my problem

Only when i jip to warzone. Guaranteed farm sessions i swear

Take a break from it and come back later?

> 2576836393959214;3:
> Take a break from it and come back later?

I mentioned this at the end of my post

> 2533274846370979;4:
> > 2576836393959214;3:
> > Take a break from it and come back later?
>
> I mentioned this at the end of my post

Then just stop playing. 2 weeks isn’t much of a break and if its causing you such troubles then just stop. Its a game
Nothing anyone here can tell you can make you enjoy something. To me its sounds like you are burnt out. So…Quit

I hate to recommend this, but I’ve done it the past couple seasons to help with that feeling you’re describing. I’m at SR 149 and have over a month of playtime so I know how you feel. I’ve purposely run my placement matches in arena kind of half -Yoink- so it would place me lower than I belong. Not ridiculously low like bronze, but making sure I got platinum or even gold so I could actually enjoy myself some. Once you get into diamond and onyx it’s just sweat city and I really don’t enjoy it in the least at this point.

All that’s left for me is grinding for XP because I have 100 of each req in warzone. Warzone is still fun to me because I can drop very high kill games with so many OP reqs. I did get the living crap farmed out of me the other day for the 1st time in a very long time though. Full team of players that already had Achilles. I thought it was kind of funny actually. They ran the entire game without touching the core until they cleared 900 points. Generally though Warzone is still a blast, it’s arena that frustrates me.

Considering your current state, I think it’s probably best to take a short hiatus from Halo for a while.

Break up your play - don’t play Halo every night, alternate between some other games. Try out some of the Games with Gold Games. When you do play Halo, maybe mix that up a little bit. Try some modes you might not normally join or get some friends together and just do customs - there are LFG sites and Xbox Clubs that will have a lot of people up for that. Once the Custom Games browser drops that will also make this a bit easier. Can always try a longer break as well. Come back in January for a fresh season and see if you feel better about the game.

Maybe you just don’t like H5. I enjoyed H5 for the first 2 maybe 3 months but every month after, every update I just liked H5 less and less until I came to the conclusion that hate H5. You might not hate is as much as I do or at all but no matter how much you or I enjoyed Halo in the past, a bad game is bad game regardless how much you like a franshise.

Or maybe you just need a long break.

> 2533274846370979;1:
> I WANT to like Halo 5 guys, I really do. Please help me to recover from this trench I’m in, how have you all dealt with feelings like this? I’ve already tried taking a break, because last night was the first night in 2 weeks that I’ve played and it didn’t solve my problem

You’re welcome to take a break from matchmaking and join us on the next customs night. Nothing hardcore, just fun controlled chaos and classic maps. No frustration, just fun…

Play MCC.

Bruh it’s a game not a relationship? If it makes you mad and upset to play it…then don’t play it? For me example I take breaks because the game imo is not as good as previous ones because of my preferences. But I still like it I guess? But I take breaks so when the break is over I can come back and love it like it’s the “honeymoon” period. It’s weird though after the first week I was bored and didn’t hit that phase untill about a month later

I go through bouts with games all the time. Just step away. Play another game or just do something different for a few weeks. Change your routine. If you keep coming back with that mindset you’ll just end up in that same mindset at the night’s end.

I play MCC or Battlefield 1 when I want to get away.

My two cents: Halo 5 is built with competition in mind. Unlike say Halo 3 where its just point and shoot, you have to actually think on your feet and try make sure enemies don’t literally get the jump on you. It just doesn’t have the same “relaxing” traits that older Halo’s had. There are several easy ways 343 could make Halo 5 more casual friendly, but seem to refuse to implement.

Example: A casual playlist with enlarged radar, no sprint or thrusters, and no ranks. Or maybe a firefight with heroic-level enemies, fast REQ leveling but slow REQ recharge, and only “kill” objectives.

That’s kind of what I’m at right now with Halo 5, or just the whole year of its launch. I’m trying to like it, but 343 is not letting it happen. The limited customization, the bad cut campaign… Fustrated

> 2533274909523073;11:
> Play MCC.

This. MCC still has the occasional serious frame rate drop, but I consistently find games in at most 5 minutes. If not I move to another more populated playlist.
I’ve also been playing Titanfall 2 a lot, it’s probably the most fun I’ve had in an FPS since Halo 3.

> 2533274873873545;13:
> I go through bouts with games all the time. Just step away. Play another game or just do something different for a few weeks. Change your routine. If you keep coming back with that mindset you’ll just end up in that same mindset at the night’s end.
>
> I play MCC or Battlefield 1 when I want to get away.

Have you tried the new “Hardcore” mode on BF1?

I’ve felt like this for the last 2 weeks… lol

> 2533274870717152;17:
> > 2533274873873545;13:
> > I go through bouts with games all the time. Just step away. Play another game or just do something different for a few weeks. Change your routine. If you keep coming back with that mindset you’ll just end up in that same mindset at the night’s end.
> >
> > I play MCC or Battlefield 1 when I want to get away.
>
> Have you tried the new “Hardcore” mode on BF1?

I have not. I’ve been too attached to the Anniversary Playlist over the past 2 weeks. Is that like a one death, game over thing?

> 2533274813317074;8:
> Break up your play - don’t play Halo every night, alternate between some other games. Try out some of the Games with Gold Games. When you do play Halo, maybe mix that up a little bit. Try some modes you might not normally join or get some friends together and just do customs - there are LFG sites and Xbox Clubs that will have a lot of people up for that. Once the Custom Games browser drops that will also make this a bit easier. Can always try a longer break as well. Come back in January for a fresh season and see if you feel better about the game.

Some of the best advice I’ve seen. I enjoy Halo 5 but I had to take a break and play some other games for a while. There’s nothing wrong with that. Also, the switching game modes was a good suggestion as well. I played with a friend the other night that I hadn’t played with in a while. We jumped all over the place in game types and we ended up having a blast. Good times!