Feel bad if you picked up this game late.

At this point, I’m SR 66 and I’m about 40-50% complete on my req collection. I’ve played about 2 days worth of games, and have over 300 Warzone games. With that being said, I’ve come to the conclusion that the req system works like it does it most FPS: build meter through objectives and killing in order to access high tier weapons.

Problem with the system is that second part, accessing higher tier weapons. It really only takes one of each load out in order to do any kind of work, but the variance and just the overall randomization/luck it takes in order to actually own these weapons is absurd. It feels as if the skill system this game is based on has been through into a funk by the luck of players getting better gear than others earlier and often.

A DMR, Halo 2 BR, and the Extended Magnum can really shift the entire battle, all three weapons considered legendary and they rightfully are. I don’t understand why 343 decided to force the player to grind through 10-20 matches to get a chance at opening a few packs (all the armor and helmet customization in the world will not help my Warzone issues) or having to shell out large sums of cash for an expedited process.

To be honest, the whole system reeks of money lust. It doesn’t feel as competitive any more or balanced when I haven’t touched a DMR in almost three months of playing the game, but other players have because they put in $300 for gold packs.

In close, two suggestions: Allow people to buy RP points NOT REQ PACKS (First you deny me access to all the weapons, then you tell me I have to pay in order to get a chance to obtain them? Oh cause it makes more sense for the developer to offer one sided Req Bundles, like 47 Gold Packs for 100 dollars, then it does to give the player options).

Second option is: Give players the base rifles and weapons from the get. I don’t care for the Kinetic Bolts, Long Barrel, Projection Sight, Armor Piercing (Maybe), Battle Rifle when I’m getting killed across the map by the only guy with a normal DMR. Level 4 should unlock AR, BR, DMR, and SMG.

I’d give 343 all the moneys in the world for all 400 pieces of useless Armor if they just made this slight change. GIVE US THE FRIGGEN DMR.

Dmr, h2 br and extended mag magnum are no game changers…
i have all of them and they are no game changers they are no big deal, you see a guy across the map with a dmr? guess what? dont challange him with a normal br.

You got to play around and adapt to what the enemy has. Im sure you would not run at a scorpion tank with an AR so why would you challange a dmr with a normal br or a pistol over the entire map?

H2 br and DR are standard weps on the arena maps, they aren’t power weapons. Actually this game is fairly easy to get into early. Just unlock the BR and if you’re decent that’s all you really NEED. The other things are just perks.

> 2533274816628272;3:
> H2 br and DR are standard weps on the arena maps, they aren’t power weapons. Actually this game is fairly easy to get into early. Just unlock the BR and if you’re decent that’s all you really NEED. The other things are just perks.

This.

> 2533274944443710;2:
> Dmr, h2 br and extended mag magnum are no game changers…
> i have all of them and they are no game changers they are no big deal, you see a guy across the map with a dmr? guess what? dont challange him with a normal br.
>
> You got to play around and adapt to what the enemy has. Im sure you would not run at a scorpion tank with an AR so why would you challange a dmr with a normal br or a pistol over the entire map?

I did and it was destroyed when I planted a grenade on it… Any weapon can work in any situation if you’re good at using it…

> 2535462037955640;5:
> > 2533274944443710;2:
> > Dmr, h2 br and extended mag magnum are no game changers…
> > i have all of them and they are no game changers they are no big deal, you see a guy across the map with a dmr? guess what? dont challange him with a normal br.
> >
> > You got to play around and adapt to what the enemy has. Im sure you would not run at a scorpion tank with an AR so why would you challange a dmr with a normal br or a pistol over the entire map?
>
>
> I did and it was destroyed when I planted a grenade on it… Any weapon can work in any situation if you’re good at using it…

Yeah you planted a granade… great job.

I was saying that you dont run at a tank with an AR and destroy it with an AR…

Did not know that some people needed a clarification on this since it seemed pretty… well obvious.

> 2535461287427665;1:
>
> At this point, I’m SR 66 and I’m about 40-50% complete on my req collection. I’ve played about 2 days worth of games, and have over 300 Warzone games. With that being said, I’ve come to the conclusion that the req system works like it does it most FPS: build meter through objectives and killing in order to access high tier weapons.
>
> Problem with the system is that second part, accessing higher tier weapons. It really only takes one of each load out in order to do any kind of work, but the variance and just the overall randomization/luck it takes in order to actually own these weapons is absurd. It feels as if the skill system this game is based on has been through into a funk by the luck of players getting better gear than others earlier and often.
>
> A DMR, Halo 2 BR, and the Extended Magnum can really shift the entire battle, all three weapons considered legendary and they rightfully are. I don’t understand why 343 decided to force the player to grind through 10-20 matches to get a chance at opening a few packs (all the armor and helmet customization in the world will not help my Warzone issues) or having to shell out large sums of cash for an expedited process.
>
> To be honest, the whole system reeks of money lust. It doesn’t feel as competitive any more or balanced when I haven’t touched a DMR in almost three months of playing the game, but other players have because they put in $300 for gold packs.
>
> In close, two suggestions: Allow people to buy RP points NOT REQ PACKS (First you deny me access to all the weapons, then you tell me I have to pay in order to get a chance to obtain them? Oh cause it makes more sense for the developer to offer one sided Req Bundles, like 47 Gold Packs for 100 dollars, then it does to give the player options).
>
> Second option is: Give players the base rifles and weapons from the get. I don’t care for the Kinetic Bolts, Long Barrel, Projection Sight, Armor Piercing (Maybe), Battle Rifle when I’m getting killed across the map by the only guy with a normal DMR. Level 4 should unlock AR, BR, DMR, and SMG.
>
> I’d give 343 all the moneys in the world for all 400 pieces of useless Armor if they just made this slight change. GIVE US THE FRIGGEN DMR.
>

DMR is Rare, not legendary.

You dont need power weapons to do well. They should only be used if you screwed up. A standard BR is good enough to carry the game if you know what youre doing. Also, how would buying RP make any difference in your wallet from buying packs directly? The dollar ammount would be the same.

The point I’m trying to make is, this entire Warzone mode is imbalanced because of the luck based of receiving weapons. There is little doubt in my head that certain death follows running down a tank with no more than a pistol, but why do I have to sacrifice something that I enjoy playing with like the DMR? If you’re a fan of the Battle Rifle and the 32 different combinations provided, that congrats you are in a pretty good spot. If you’re someone who has played extensively with the DMR, then being barred from it because you aren’t lucky enough just doesn’t sit right with me.

I don’t care for the Norn Sniper Rifle or the Damage Boost 3 certification, I do want a DMR. I don’t want anymore ghosts, banshees, scorpions, or mantis, I bought this game so in Warzone I could play with a designated marksmen rifle. Is there something wrong with that? I can play Arena, but I also play Warzone, so I want access to my DMR just like everyone has access to power weapons, vehicles, and boosts.

This is blatantly taking advantage of people who enjoyed playing the game and would certainly stop investing in it once they earned that certain weapon. I hope in Halo 6, before you unlock any weapon, you have 300 pieces of armor, helmets, visors, and assassinations in 20k Gold Req Packs before you can unlock anything higher than a Assault Rifle. Maybe you can understand my issue then.

> 2535461287427665;9:
> The point I’m trying to make is, this entire Warzone mode is imbalanced because of the luck based of receiving weapons. There is little doubt in my head that certain death follows running down a tank with no more than a pistol, but why do I have to sacrifice something that I enjoy playing with like the DMR? If you’re a fan of the Battle Rifle and the 32 different combinations provided, that congrats you are in a pretty good spot. If you’re someone who has played extensively with the DMR, then being barred from it because you aren’t lucky enough just doesn’t sit right with me.
>
> I don’t care for the Norn Sniper Rifle or the Damage Boost 3 certification, I do want a DMR. I don’t want anymore ghosts, banshees, scorpions, or mantis, I bought this game so in Warzone I could play with a designated marksmen rifle. Is there something wrong with that? I can play Arena, but I also play Warzone, so I want access to my DMR just like everyone has access to power weapons, vehicles, and boosts.
>
> This is blatantly taking advantage of people who enjoyed playing the game and would certainly stop investing in it once they earned that certain weapon. I hope in Halo 6, before you unlock any weapon, you have 300 pieces of armor, helmets, visors, and assassinations in 20k Gold Req Packs before you can unlock anything higher than a Assault Rifle. Maybe you can understand my issue then.

So you’re butthurt because you don’t have the DMR? Play the game more, you’ll get it. Whining about it and demanding they change the game just for you is pretty childish.

> 2533274966784066;7:
> > 2535461287427665;1:
> >
> > At this point, I’m SR 66 and I’m about 40-50% complete on my req collection. I’ve played about 2 days worth of games, and have over 300 Warzone games. With that being said, I’ve come to the conclusion that the req system works like it does it most FPS: build meter through objectives and killing in order to access high tier weapons.
> >
> > Problem with the system is that second part, accessing higher tier weapons. It really only takes one of each load out in order to do any kind of work, but the variance and just the overall randomization/luck it takes in order to actually own these weapons is absurd. It feels as if the skill system this game is based on has been through into a funk by the luck of players getting better gear than others earlier and often.
> >
> > A DMR, Halo 2 BR, and the Extended Magnum can really shift the entire battle, all three weapons considered legendary and they rightfully are. I don’t understand why 343 decided to force the player to grind through 10-20 matches to get a chance at opening a few packs (all the armor and helmet customization in the world will not help my Warzone issues) or having to shell out large sums of cash for an expedited process.
> >
> > To be honest, the whole system reeks of money lust. It doesn’t feel as competitive any more or balanced when I haven’t touched a DMR in almost three months of playing the game, but other players have because they put in $300 for gold packs.
> >
> > In close, two suggestions: Allow people to buy RP points NOT REQ PACKS (First you deny me access to all the weapons, then you tell me I have to pay in order to get a chance to obtain them? Oh cause it makes more sense for the developer to offer one sided Req Bundles, like 47 Gold Packs for 100 dollars, then it does to give the player options).
> >
> > Second option is: Give players the base rifles and weapons from the get. I don’t care for the Kinetic Bolts, Long Barrel, Projection Sight, Armor Piercing (Maybe), Battle Rifle when I’m getting killed across the map by the only guy with a normal DMR. Level 4 should unlock AR, BR, DMR, and SMG.
> >
> > I’d give 343 all the moneys in the world for all 400 pieces of useless Armor if they just made this slight change. GIVE US THE FRIGGEN DMR.
> >

>
>
> DMR is Rare, not legendary.

Heh, it might as well be legendary.

Just buy silver packs till you get a BR. Its handy, but you have to be like rank 8 to use them.

> 2535461287427665;1:
> Problem with the system is that second part, accessing higher tier weapons. It really only takes one of each load out in order to do any kind of work, but the variance and just the overall randomization/luck it takes in order to actually own these weapons is absurd. It feels as if the skill system this game is based on has been through into a funk by the luck of players getting better gear than others earlier and often.
>
> A DMR, Halo 2 BR, and the Extended Magnum can really shift the entire battle, all three weapons considered legendary and they rightfully are. I don’t understand why 343 decided to force the player to grind through 10-20 matches to get a chance at opening a few packs (all the armor and helmet customization in the world will not help my Warzone issues) or having to shell out large sums of cash for an expedited process.
>
> To be honest, the whole system reeks of money lust. It doesn’t feel as competitive any more or balanced when I haven’t touched a DMR in almost three months of playing the game, but other players have because they put in $300 for gold packs.

Which is why they need to be unlocked through Campaign…

It is money lust. 343’s refusal to allow any unlocks through Singleplayer don’t benefit the game or the community whatsoever, and they know it. They just want you to buy REQ packs.

I use the normal BR with ranger scope and shred extended mag pistols, any type of DMR, and the Halo 2 BR is actually worse then the normal one and rarely beats my normal one in a heads up fight.

I just checked and indeed the normal BR has the fastest kill time of all the weapons you want. I would stick with the BR and master it. This also translates very well to big team battle.

I got my DMR at level 24

> 2533274968231926;12:
> Just buy silver packs till you get a BR. Its handy, but you have to be like rank 8 to use them.

BR is a level 3 REQ, bud. The DMR is level 6, though.