Feedback wanted-whats more important k/d or a win

I like objective based games CTF preferred but enjoy bomb and stronghold. However I am noticing that winning those games has no meaning and mostly it turns into a farming match, where a high K/D is what matters. Naturally BTB is where you find most of those game types and there is no BTB ranked playlist.

With farming the way it is, would having a Ranked BTB become a more preferred play type for social gamers since winning would matter?

Please all feedback on this is welcome!!!

I feel like they should do away with K/D and just show W/L. It wont totally take care of farming, but maybe it’ll get more people to actually play the objective.

K/D and the win… because why not both?

It’s great to win, but it’s also great to pull your weight… and if you don’t place importance on your K/D, how are you going to improve? It’s important to develop your individual skill and even more important to play smart, especially at a high level…

> 2533274873580796;3:
> K/D and the win… because why not both?
>
> It’s great to win, but it’s also great to pull your weight… and if you don’t place importance on your K/D, how are you going to improve? It’s important to develop your individual skill and even more important to play smart, especially at a high level…

I understand that but I have played a CTF game and it ended with a tie. The opposing team had 150+ kills and you could tell all they wanted was a high K/D and winning didn’t matter. I don’t call that playing smart and they used CTF game type for slayer without a kill limit and it was a social game.

I know you said K/D and the win but it seems like K/D would be more important than a win? Let me phrase it this way, would you prefer a high K/D or a win?

The reason I ask is when I go defense in CTF I end up with a high K/D but if I go offense it gets tricky especially since you only have a pistol while carrying the flag. So I could have a 20% win percentage but a high K/D. Naturally this is mostly BTB so no ranked playlist

In this game they’re both meaningless but people seem to care about winning more than kd

> 2533274828183901;5:
> In this game they’re both meaningless but people seem to care about winning more than kd

What brought about farming?

option 3-fun

> 2757114414735447;6:
> > 2533274828183901;5:
> > In this game they’re both meaningless but people seem to care about winning more than kd
>
> What brought about farming?

Some people want to have stats that make them look godly so they run with full fireteams all day and farm in btb and warzone. It’s hard to lose when you’re with a strong team and you can farm randoms without even trying. People farm for kd, not for achilles like a lot of people seem to think

> 2533274828183901;8:
> > 2757114414735447;6:
> > > 2533274828183901;5:
> > > In this game they’re both meaningless but people seem to care about winning more than kd
> >
> > What brought about farming?
>
> Some people want to have stats that make them look godly so they run with full fireteams all day and farm in btb and warzone. It’s hard to lose when you’re with a strong team and you can farm randoms without even trying. People farm for kd, not for achilles like a lot of people seem to think

I am glad you mention Farming in BTB. That is what I prefer to play since it has more objective game types. Would you say they should make a ranked BTB playlist so those of us that care about winning can escape the farming?

> 2757114414735447;9:
> > 2533274828183901;8:
> > > 2757114414735447;6:
> > > > 2533274828183901;5:
> > > > In this game they’re both meaningless but people seem to care about winning more than kd
> > >
> > > What brought about farming?
> >
> > Some people want to have stats that make them look godly so they run with full fireteams all day and farm in btb and warzone. It’s hard to lose when you’re with a strong team and you can farm randoms without even trying. People farm for kd, not for achilles like a lot of people seem to think
>
> I am glad you mention Farming in BTB. That is what I prefer to play since it has more objective game types. Would you say they should make a ranked BTB playlist so those of us that care about winning can escape the farming?

I guess that could help but i’m not sure if the population would be high. People could just make smurfs to match against low ranked players and farm too

> 2533274831739822;2:
> I feel like they should do away with K/D and just show W/L. It wont totally take care of farming, but maybe it’ll get more people to actually play the objective.

I agree with you mostly but a lot of people enjoy slayer and K/D is the most important stat for that play type. Maybe if they make a objective base playlist in rank?

Meaning they could have a skirmish objective ranked playlist without slayer. Which would ease matching making since I heard BTB ranked (when they had it) had extremely long wait times.

> 2533274828183901;10:
> > 2757114414735447;9:
> > > 2533274828183901;8:
> > > > 2757114414735447;6:
> > > > > 2533274828183901;5:
> > > > > In this game they’re both meaningless but people seem to care about winning more than kd
> > > >
> > > > What brought about farming?
> > >
> > > Some people want to have stats that make them look godly so they run with full fireteams all day and farm in btb and warzone. It’s hard to lose when you’re with a strong team and you can farm randoms without even trying. People farm for kd, not for achilles like a lot of people seem to think
> >
> > I am glad you mention Farming in BTB. That is what I prefer to play since it has more objective game types. Would you say they should make a ranked BTB playlist so those of us that care about winning can escape the farming?
>
> I guess that could help but i’m not sure if the population would be high. People could just make smurfs to match against low ranked players and farm too

true, it be like the modding with flying warthogs halo 2 came known for. Something that was brought up to another response is making a skirmish 4 man fire team objective based rank playlist for capture the flag and stronghold games. I know they have breakout but you can win with a complete team kill and not even bother with the flag.

Game seems to think wins are more important. Too bad the ranking system is FUBAR.

I don’t care as much as I did for K/D, but I’d rather be able to outkill and by extension finish my engagement with kills rather than deaths than win.

> 2533274815692039;13:
> Game seems to think wins are more important. Too bad the ranking system is FUBAR.
>
> I don’t care as much as I did for K/D, but I’d rather be able to outkill and by extension finish my engagement with kills rather than deaths than win.

I totally understand that and I know what you mean. I can handle myself in a one on one fight and it is satisfying to finish a fight with a kill than a death but I do better in a wraith supporting flag defense or capture, also a good warthog driver for flag captures (not a lot killing there). I am more of a support player and why I am good at CTF game type but it seems Halo 5 is geared more towards high kill count than wins (in my opinion).

Its w/l

I’d recommend playing ranked if you don’t like people ‘statting’.

> 2533274838246015;15:
> Its w/l
>
> I’d recommend playing ranked if you don’t like people ‘statting’.

Exactly, I like to just play socially but social games (for me) have turned into farm matches. Do you recommend a ranked playlist for someone as myself that prefers capture the flag with vehicles? I am a really good wraith and warthog driver. I wished they had a BTB ranked playlist

If my team are trash, then your damn straight I care more about K/D. If we are losing 90-20, I ain’t trying to take no strongholds. Kills kills kills

On the other hand, if I have a decent team then i care more about the win.

> 2535462333594080;17:
> If my team are trash, then your damn straight I care more about K/D. If we are losing 90-20, I ain’t trying to take no strongholds. Kills kills kills
>
> On the other hand, if I have a decent team then i care more about the win.

Nice, I am guilty of this myself. I got stuck in a CTF game with team killers, so I planted myself in a defensive position with the plasma rifle and if anyone came close a scatter shot to the face. We naturally lost 3 to zero, glad it wasn’t a farming match though. Ended with a positive K/D.

Would you say a ranked BTB would improve the issue?

> 2757114414735447;4:
> > 2533274873580796;3:
> > K/D and the win… because why not both?
> >
> > It’s great to win, but it’s also great to pull your weight… and if you don’t place importance on your K/D, how are you going to improve? It’s important to develop your individual skill and even more important to play smart, especially at a high level…
>
> I understand that but I have played a CTF game and it ended with a tie. The opposing team had 150+ kills and you could tell all they wanted was a high K/D and winning didn’t matter. I don’t call that playing smart and they used CTF game type for slayer without a kill limit and it was a social game.
>
> I know you said K/D and the win but it seems like K/D would be more important than a win? Let me phrase it this way, would you prefer a high K/D or a win?
>
> The reason I ask is when I go defense in CTF I end up with a high K/D but if I go offense it gets tricky especially since you only have a pistol while carrying the flag. So I could have a 20% win percentage but a high K/D. Naturally this is mostly BTB so no ranked playlist

Yeah but there’s a difference between valuing performance and aiming for a high K/D and outright farming…

I play a lot of Slayer, where there isn’t an alternate objective to delay the game… it forces you to play better and smarter than the enemy in basic, PvP combative encounters.

i go 4 KD