FEEDBACK THREAD: Weapon Drops

Discuss your opinions and suggestions on how Weapon drop should/could be used.

I liked the old Halo style of power weapons spawning in the same place. But the new feature might bring about more strategic planning since they will spawn in set spawn areas.

As far as I know, the weapons will spawn in set locations. They won’t be randomized, so you will somewhat know where their next drop will be.

I am undecided as of right now. I will wait until I can see/play it to give my decision.

Armada, that’s a sensible position to take. I will point out that they are neither truly random, nor unpredictable. It will still require map control, it’s just going to be a more fluid, mobile kind of control. Camping wouldn’t be a clever way to do it, necessarily. And then only on the gametypes where that’s utilized.

> Armada, that’s a sensible position to take. I will point out that they are neither truly random, nor unpredictable. <mark>It will still require map control, it’s just going to be a more fluid, mobile kind of control.</mark> Camping wouldn’t be a clever way to do it, necessarily. And then only on the gametypes where that’s utilized.

Exactly my thoughts.

> Armada, that’s a sensible position to take. I will point out that they are neither truly random, nor unpredictable. It will still require map control, it’s just going to be a more fluid, mobile kind of control. Camping wouldn’t be a clever way to do it, necessarily. And then only on the gametypes where that’s utilized.

The way you put it sounds a lot like Invasion slayer, only you wont have a way of knowing when/where it will spawn by using a hill marker.

> Armada, that’s a sensible position to take. I will point out that they are neither truly random, nor unpredictable. It will still require map control, it’s just going to be a more fluid, mobile kind of control. Camping wouldn’t be a clever way to do it, necessarily. And then only on the gametypes where that’s utilized.

Wait a minute… Is that you F O’Hammer?

OP I like the idea, it sounds like it wont be exactly random but more strategy oriented.

> > Armada, that’s a sensible position to take. I will point out that they are neither truly random, nor unpredictable. It will still require map control, it’s just going to be a more fluid, mobile kind of control. Camping wouldn’t be a clever way to do it, necessarily. And then only on the gametypes where that’s utilized.
>
> Wait a minute… Is that you F O’Hammer? I find it a little suspicous that you seem to know exactly how these “random weapon spawns” works.
>
>
> OP I like the idea, it sounds like it wont be exactly random but more strategy oriented.

I am 343 Frankie. So yes, I am speaking from experience.

When you’re that big, they’re suppose to call you Mr. :slight_smile:

If you dare to inflict ideas upon mankind, be prepared to face them with adversity.

When I read his post I thought “Is that Frankie…?” but I didn’t see the ‘343 Industries’ and then I come back a few minutes later and see ‘343 Industries’. lol

> > > Armada, that’s a sensible position to take. I will point out that they are neither truly random, nor unpredictable. It will still require map control, it’s just going to be a more fluid, mobile kind of control. Camping wouldn’t be a clever way to do it, necessarily. And then only on the gametypes where that’s utilized.
> >
> > Wait a minute… Is that you F O’Hammer? I find it a little suspicous that you seem to know exactly how these “random weapon spawns” works.
> >
> >
> > OP I like the idea, it sounds like it wont be exactly random but more strategy oriented.
>
> I am 343 Frankie. So yes, I am speaking from experience.

When I first saw your post it didnt say you were administration, so I was confused. Its nice to see you post somewhere besides NeoGaf.

I just think it seems more immersive to have a weapon drop in with a drop pod rather than just appearing out of nowhere. Lets hope we see more info REALLY soon.

> I am 343 Frankie. So yes, I am speaking from experience.

not to change the subject, but is it bad that i think of jackie chan every time i see your name?

> > I am 343 Frankie. So yes, I am speaking from experience.
>
> not to change the subject, but is it bad that i think of jackie chan every time i see your name?

No. It’s good.

I think the weapons randomly dropping in is better than when they spawned in the same place and everybody new when that was.

> > > I am 343 Frankie. So yes, I am speaking from experience.
> >
> > not to change the subject, but is it bad that i think of jackie chan every time i see your name?
>
> No. It’s good.

thats a relief

> > > I am 343 Frankie. So yes, I am speaking from experience.
> >
> > not to change the subject, but is it bad that i think of jackie chan every time i see your name?
>
> No. It’s good.

Name 3 things that aren’t Jackie Chan.

I’ll start:

Jack
Key
Chain

…-Yoink-!

A lot of people are saying this is bad for competitive Halo but I disagree entirely. Obviously, I have little knowledge of how it will be, but the way I see it working is still maintaining map/weapon control as a key feature to competitive gameplay, but keeping the game moving around the map better rather than just the one or two areas where the weapons spawn. You’d have to control more than one area of the map to secure the power weapon spawns which, to me, is actually better than only needing to secure the Rocket spawn area or Sniper or whatever.

Not hating on the way it’s worked in past Halo’s, but this to me seems like a natural evolution. Can’t wait to see how it works.

> A lot of people are saying this is bad for competitive Halo but I disagree entirely. Obviously, I have little knowledge of how it will be, but the way I see it working is still maintaining map/weapon control as a key feature to competitive gameplay, but keeping the game moving around the map better rather than just the one or two areas where the weapons spawn. You’d have to control more than one area of the map to secure the power weapon spawns which, to me, is actually better than only needing to secure the Rocket spawn area or Sniper or whatever.
>
> Not hating on the way it’s worked in past Halo’s, but this to me seems like a natural evolution. Can’t wait to see how it works.

I see what you are saying. I think most of us know that feel of when a game can get boring when you have complete weapon control at one point of the map. (Ivory tower’s snipe spawn… Man i love that map)

I wonder if you could use the drop pods for forge?

> > A lot of people are saying this is bad for competitive Halo but I disagree entirely. Obviously, I have little knowledge of how it will be, but the way I see it working is still maintaining map/weapon control as a key feature to competitive gameplay, but keeping the game moving around the map better rather than just the one or two areas where the weapons spawn. You’d have to control more than one area of the map to secure the power weapon spawns which, to me, is actually better than only needing to secure the Rocket spawn area or Sniper or whatever.
> >
> > Not hating on the way it’s worked in past Halo’s, but this to me seems like a natural evolution. Can’t wait to see how it works.
>
> I see what you are saying. I think most of us know that feel of when a game can get boring when you have complete weapon control at one point of the map. (Ivory tower’s snipe spawn… Man i love that map)

Precisely.

There is a level of understanding with me and the weapon spawns. The developers want it to be more of a power struggle game cause there will probably be an indication to where the weapons are spawning, therefore most of the players will rush to that point.