Feedback regarding Audio cues in Infinite

My friends and I have been noticing that audio from outside of your FoV sometimes just… literally doesn’t play at all.

I can’t count how many times I’ve been melee’d in the back before I even knew someone was there, or I’ll hear their footsteps and then half of a second later I’m dead from a melee to the back. And before you say “Get gid and read the radar!” The radar range, combined with sprint speed, does very little to actually help notice an attack from behind before it happens. I’ve been playing halo since CE and “reading the radar” has never been a problem for me.

I’ve actually been full on blasted from behind (ayyy) with an AR and didn’t know what was going on until I was dead.

This is not an issue with my headset or my audio settings, as this doesn’t happen anywhere else but in Infinite.

I’m hoping that it’s a bug that they are aware of, but in the case they’re not, how have you guys been doing regarding audio?

Also radar range is doodoo, please bring it back to the 25m it’s been for the past 20 years.

1 Like

workaround. remove 7.1 headset drivers. the game has its own audio visualisation and it does not play nice with other software. ive had to remove my g pro headset drivers to get full audio. sorry there is nothing better yet

Ugh. Maybe that is what I need to do. Oddly I noticed this in Forza Horizon 5 too. Parked the car in front of a waterfall and there’s loud noise. When rotating so the waterfall is behind the camera there is no noise. It’s so weird and frustrating.

I just tested Forza Horizon 5 on Xbox Series X headphones and I don’t have the same lack of read audio. Whatever it is though, it’s not limited just to Halo

I have found a no brainer workaround for having to uninstall your logitech drivers.

plug your headset 3.5 jack straight into your pc 3.5mm port avoiding the DAC

-and then just plug it back into your logitech DAC when playing anything else that has no conflicts with the 7.1 drivers (DAC=“digital audio converter” the USB dongle thing they give you with the headset).

because all off the 7.1 visualisation is delivered through the DAC this is the best way to avoid the nightmare of having to constantly un and re-install drivers.

my brain feels smoother than ever knowing this was the easiest solution all along and I am ashamed x’D

1 Like

I have the same issue. Nothing I do helps. Terrible audio.