feedback about beta playlist. why are you doing this 343i?

I’ve played all halo games on xbox, on and off line.

after playing some games in the new beta playlist, I don’t know how much more halo I can play. I played some slayer games with no armor lock, that I can live wihout. the games I played without bloom for ranged weapons… I don’t have words for how disapointed I am. are you trying to make halo reach extremely noob friendly? just pull the trigger as fast as you can? it’s unbalanced. I’m sure Ican addapt to it, but it’s not good.

when the horrifying halo legends came out, I wondered what 343i were going to do with halo. if you remove the bloom in halo reach, it’ll be too much of a change. are you removing armor lock? that sucks! almost everyone has learned how to counter armor lock by now. it seems like you are trying to make halo so noob friendly that you’ll kill it.

also, is damage increased in the beta playlist? what other changes has been made?

Hey buddy, calm down. It’s a beta playlist, and in a month it’s going to be the Classic playlist. So don’t get your darn tootin’ in a bunch about how “they’re ruining Halo”. Providing several alternative game experiences for different gameplay styles is the best thing 343 could do for Halo.

Except that without bloom, you actually have to AIM.
and they SHOULD remove armor lock. In what way is it NOT broken?

> Except that without bloom, you actually have to AIM.
> and they SHOULD remove armor lock. In what way is it NOT broken?

How about the fact that reticule bloom actually requires the player to take their time with their shots, and you still have to aim. I can’t just look down in someone’s general direction and get a kill. The reticule bloom is a great idea, don’t take it away.

And armor lock isn’t broken at all. Yes your temporarily invincible but you are also stuck in one spot. So what do you do if someone goes into armor lock? Wait it out, not that hard.

These changes are a terrible idea. 343, I hope you see this: ditch the whole idea of the title update. Leave Bungie’s masterpiece the way it was originally meant to be!

> > Except that without bloom, you actually have to AIM.
> > and they SHOULD remove armor lock. In what way is it NOT broken?
>
> How about the fact that reticule bloom actually requires the player to take their time with their shots, and you still have to aim. I can’t just look down in someone’s general direction and get a kill. The reticule bloom is a great idea, don’t take it away.
>
> And armor lock isn’t broken at all. Yes your temporarily invincible but you are also stuck in one spot. So what do you do if someone goes into armor lock? Wait it out, not that hard.
>
> These changes are a terrible idea. 343, I hope you see this: ditch the whole idea of the title update. Leave Bungie’s masterpiece the way it was originally meant to be!

I don’t take my time and have a 2.15 k/d. Damn I just must be real lucky right??? Must be my interenet or maybe spamming is just to effective?

Reticle bloom is a good idea. It was done poorly.

>
> How about the fact that reticule bloom actually requires the player to take their time with their shots, and you still have to aim. I can’t just look down in someone’s general direction and get a kill. The reticule bloom is a great idea, don’t take it away.
>
> And armor lock isn’t broken at all. Yes your temporarily invincible but you are also stuck in one spot. So what do you do if someone goes into armor lock? Wait it out, not that hard.
>
> These changes are a terrible idea. 343, I hope you see this: ditch the whole idea of the title update. Leave Bungie’s masterpiece the way it was originally meant to be!

Thats the thing, Bloom is broken, and it slows the game down to a crawl.

Playing reach…Is like giving two turtles A blooming DMR and telling them to go at it.

> Playing reach…Is like giving two turtles A blooming DMR and telling them to go at it.

Turtles fire too slow for bloom to affect them. The game is still a bore, though.

Then don’t play it?

These settings aren’t replacing ANY playlists. It’s getting its own. If you don’t like them, don’t play them.

Seems like someone casual (I assume) dislike the new game mode where you have to aim.
The fire-rate is set so there is impossible to “spam”, but the player with the better aim will get the kill. The fact that you feel that you need Armor lock for ordinary DRM duels says a lot…

You can’t have armor lock in a FPS because it just doesn’t work. Press a button to stay alive? How does a great developer like Bungie honestly let that concept into the final product?

I really don’t think bloom is broken at all.
[Most] people have to pace their shots, but in ZB it’s just quickly tapping the trigger when they’re in your sights.
To everyone saying you now have to aim, what have you been doing? As someone else said, I can’t get kills from looking in someones general direction.

Has anybody noticed that the Pro Pipe feels like a Noob Tube now?

> I really don’t think bloom is broken at all.
> [Most] people have to pace their shots, but in ZB it’s just quickly tapping the trigger when they’re in your sights.
> To everyone saying you now have to aim, what have you been doing? As someone else said, I can’t get kills from looking in someones general direction.
>
> Has anybody noticed that the Pro Pipe feels like a Noob Tube now?

What have I been doing? I have been running up to get as close to them as possible and mashing the F**K out of the trigger for 7 easy body shots.
It was more effective which = broken bloom.

Now, with Zero bloom, skill has returned.

As far as the pro pipe goes. A lot of MLG players are in the playlist too. They know how to use that thing down to a T. You’re not playing your average players in the beta playlist like you think you are. A lot of old Halo legends are in there.

> > I really don’t think bloom is broken at all.
> > [Most] people have to pace their shots, but in ZB it’s just quickly tapping the trigger when they’re in your sights.
> > To everyone saying you now have to aim, what have you been doing? As someone else said, I can’t get kills from looking in someones general direction.
> >
> > Has anybody noticed that the Pro Pipe feels like a Noob Tube now?
>
> What have I been doing? I have been running up to get as close to them as possible and mashing the F**K out of the trigger for 7 easy body shots.
> It was more effective which = broken bloom.
>
>
> Now, with Zero bloom, skill has returned.

Well, for me ZB is taking less skill. Of course if you are somebody who runs up close for body shots and spams then ZB would be a godsend.
When I’m using a DMR I’m more of a medium-long range kind of person; making the weapon a lot more accurate has just made it easier and as I said, require less skill [for me at least].

I don’t think I’ll be in the classic playlist when it’s out, ZB feels more suited to Action Sack then MLG.

Pro Pipe:
I meant my own personal use of it. I just seemed to be getting more kills with it than normal and aiming seemed to be a hell of a lot easier.
I’m definitely no MLG, I play solely for the lolz.

>
>
>

Yea cuz waiting is sooooooooooo hard. Actualy ill wait to type the next sentence for about as long as ud wait on a paced DMR shot. There. Wasnt that easy?

> > > I really don’t think bloom is broken at all.
> > > [Most] people have to pace their shots, but in ZB it’s just quickly tapping the trigger when they’re in your sights.
> > > To everyone saying you now have to aim, what have you been doing? As someone else said, I can’t get kills from looking in someones general direction.
> > >
> > > Has anybody noticed that the Pro Pipe feels like a Noob Tube now?
> >
> > What have I been doing? I have been running up to get as close to them as possible and mashing the F**K out of the trigger for 7 easy body shots.
> > It was more effective which = broken bloom.
> >
> >
> > Now, with Zero bloom, skill has returned.
>
> Well, for me ZB is taking less skill. Of course if you are somebody who runs up close for body shots and spams then ZB would be a godsend.
> When I’m using a DMR I’m more of a medium-long range kind of person; making the weapon a lot more accurate has just made it easier and as I said, require less skill [for me at least].
>
> I don’t think I’ll be in the classic playlist when it’s out, ZB feels more suited to Action Sack then MLG.
>
> Pro Pipe:
> I meant my own personal use of it. I just seemed to be getting more kills with it than normal and aiming seemed to be a hell of a lot easier.
> I’m definitely no MLG, I play solely for the lolz.

That’s fine but people, like myself, who play to win take advantage of the mechanics. Any pro you talk to will say at mid to close range they will spam. Why? Because it works better. Go to the MLG forums and say that bloom takes more skill. You will get laughed out of there and possibly banned. Sorry, but it’s worked in Halo for ten years and it works better in Reach. Fact is bloom is no longer aiming for players now. Players MUST have good aim and the people who have better aim then their opponents will win. That is what makes the skill gap.